3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General Diet Plans and Questions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions-10/)
-   -   Spring Plan: April is the new January... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions/54609-spring-plan-april-new-january.html)

aleka 03-21-2005 08:19 AM

Good Morning,

We've been having some wonderful weather these past couple of days. It got to 82 deg. yesterday and it was really nice. DH & I went out to lunch at this restaurant that overlooks the ocean. I enjoy watching the Sea Gulls and Pelicans doing their thing.

judi, have you gone into Atkins site to see if it's possible to eat vegetarian? I know sites usually have FAQs. I would really miss fruit too. Hope your weigh in on Tues. goes well. If you want to eat vegetarian again, have you looked at WW new Core program? I'm still looking for a plan I can live with. The only one I keep going back to is eating "real" food, eating when I'm hungry, and stopping when I'm satisfied. Lacee has adjusted very well down here. I think she adjusted better than I did. :lol: I don't think she misses going outside in the snow, ice, and sub-zero temps. We have a chain link fence that surrounds the whole property, so we can let her loose outside. She really likes that. How are Marley, Esteban, & Bentley doing? How did Bentley adjust to the new baby?

LaDean, glad that you found the 2 boards that is helping you get over the loss of Tuffy. It's good to share your feelings with other people going through the same thing as you. Are you still going to do Atkins, or are you going to try something else?

ledom, how is Oprah's boot camp coming along?

Have a great day everyone!

LaDean 03-21-2005 11:38 AM

Aleka, oh i love that lacee. ha ha so cute... well i have decided to just stick to portions and watch what i eat and smaller amts. eat when i am hungry to and not over do. i am so tired of counting and keeping up with numbers of things. ha i just need a change and right now this is it. i walked early this am. so back to that now twice a day and plus things here at home i might get on. ha starting dance to maybe. got to get enough to sign up for it. so will know next week. hope we do. anyhows this is what i am going for to. hubby always said got to burn off what goes in. so that is right. good luck to you also..

Judi, hope atkins is going good still for you. i find adding little bit of carbs i just went upppppp. so taking a rest now. good luck. i am still eating in that way but not keeping so much track of it all. taking a rest. ha

Ledom. hey hows oprah plan going? it sound like a good one. good luck with it.

TO ALL OF YOU I WISH A GOOD DAY.. WOOF LACEE. YOU TO. LaDean

ledom 03-22-2005 10:39 AM

Hey girls - sorry I have been so scarce lately. Not doing any diet lately other than a bad one. Life has taken me by the shoulders given me a good shake. I find myself in the position of parenting my parent and my child - both with a health crises. This is my spring break and I am talking to home health care for my mom and therapists for DD. It's good that I have the week off to help both get things in order, but I am having a quiet pity party for myself at the same time. I know it is something that happens to all of us at one time or another and I'll be able to handle it - it's my job right now. Today I seriously remind myself to take care of myself and make eating right and exercising a priority for just today. I am planning to camp on Thursday and Friday so I look forward to that - I want to walk and paddle a lot during those 2 days.

aleka 03-22-2005 11:01 AM

ledom, I am so sorry for what you're having to deal with right now. I know how hard it is to keep to a program in this type of a situation. You just have to do the best you can. Taking care of yourself is your first priority. I went through this same thing when my Dad became so ill. I've been meaning to ask you if you've done any paddling lately. You haven't talked about it and I was hoping you still did, because you enjoy it so much. It's a good thing you have the time off right now. Enjoy your camping trip.:grouphug:

Hi judi, LaDean, hope things are going well for the both of you.

Have a good day everyone.

ledom 03-22-2005 12:12 PM

Thanks for your kind words Alice. I appreciate you letting me unburden here. Things are not so bad as they could be. My mother is fairly healthy still, she just needs a little help. DD seems to have finally made a connection with someone who I think can help her. We have tried to tough our way through some of her problems and finally realized that we need help so though it had gotten really dark I am seeing a way out finally. I guess we aren't presented with these kind of problems when we are young, life experience is neccessary to do some of this hard work.

On a much brighter note. I continue to be happy about my juicer. I am still stuck on the carrot/apple juice. Two carrots and one granny smith apple make about 3/4 cup of juice. I have been using this juice to make a smoothie along with 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, 1/4 cup cottage cheese, 1 T flax seeds, crushed ice, a dash of cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla. It is quite lovely and I think fairly balanced nutritionally.

LaDean 03-22-2005 08:08 PM

Ledom. so glad things are looking up. hey they will. good luck. your juicer sounds so neat. i have heard good things about them and all. just hang in there you will get t hat plan again and the one for you. we all need a rest enjoy your 2 days sounds like funnnnnn. go and have that..

aleka and judi... good luck with you 2 also. things are looking up my way. just being good right now and watching portions and not eating all the time. jsut when hungry. exercising. got 2 walks in yesterday. one and ex bike will have to do today. loving my walking again of mornings. it seems to keep me going all day to be good. have a great evening all of you. LaDean

LaDean 03-23-2005 11:50 AM

Hi all,. i just took a 5 mile walk. feel so good. was so nice out. never even needed a jacket really but had one. had music on my ears for while. as i walk with a gal. then when we depart and i am coming back home i put music on. my eating is good this week to. feel different not adding those bad darn carbs. jsut watching and eating smaller portions is helping. good luck to all of you today... have a good one. LaDean

esteban 03-25-2005 07:56 AM

Good Friday

First of all Ledom I am sorry to hear you are undergoing such a stressful time. Try to be gentle with yourself about the diet. You have done SO VERY well for so long.

Hi LaDean and Alice, it is good to hear from you both.

Alice, no you can't be a vegetarian Dr. Atkins says, you have to be willing to eat dairy, fish and chicken. You can be away from red meat though. Core won't work for me because it has too many carb options and that starts the "cravings" :devil: again. I finally am free from craving stuff so I don't want to have to contend with that again...because in that arena I am not successful. I know I can NEVER eat the "whites" again and don't even want to. I am missing fruit and have added an apple and 1/2 orange daily but it has slowed up weight loss... but so be it. As long as I am losing even some I will just try to increase exercise to allow me the fruit because I think it is important in my diet and I will be dieting for a long time.

I have never been a cereal eater for breakfast but am so sick of eggs etc. I started having lo-carb bread, lo-carb p. butter and Atkins cereal for breakfast and just love it.

The Atkins bars have been a life saver too. Wanting to eat a sweet treat is inevitable and they have allowed DH and I to do so without any guilty pangs.

Easter Sunday the kids and my grandson are coming over. The menu is not going to be fancy, sliced ham, sliced pork roast (all bought cooked) potato salad (just for them) and reg. salad. Strawberries for dessert and that is it. Being on this diet simplifies cooking.

The best part of this all is how GOOD I feel. I have never had more energy and can't remember feeling so great. (I stopped taking PAXIL months ago and I had been taking it for a few years.) I really think I had a carb sensitivity and maybe even a wheat allergy...and it would not be a wonder either because I have eaten so much of both all my life and bread used to be my favourite food, along with mashed potaoes...neither of which I have now.

The thing for me is to just live ONE day at a time...I know it is often said but it is a real challenge to do.

You walked 5 miles LaDean! Wow! That is a good walk!! :dancer: I like music too and walking. My D gave me her ipod and it is great.

How are all the pets doing? Nala is really coming along and has gained weight. She was quite skinny when we got her because she had been sick for so long. It is so interesting to see how diff. the cats personalities are.

Weather here has been beautiful.

God bless you Ledom, Ladean and Alice on this Easter weekend :grouphug:

LaDean 03-25-2005 02:19 PM

Esteban, oh so happy all is going so good for you. it is me again. i had started adding some carbs as at goal now. but the fruit there again i started gaining. makes me so mad as i love fruit. so off it again. i am 2.75 lbs over goal. got to get down there soon to. i will so i am thinking postive. was down hafe of it this am at tops. so got 2 good weeks to go. i was down in dumps of it but then said hey i will do it. have came this far. this is my plan for sure. i love it. just got to watch my carbs. thanks for the ideas of breakfast. i am getting tired of eggs to. i am back to introduction now for sure. and till i get down below my goal . your doing so good. keep it up. glad you found this works for you to. I sure miss my tuffy. found some new little bostons not to far away. but have decided everyone will take them. so i will wait till one comes up that has no home and needs one. this is what i have decided to do now. i am fixing easter to. having ham. Now are you going to eat the Ham or roast beef?>> just curious. mine is going to be fix around me to. my family are all watching it and makes it nice and easy to. they love the way i feel and look so go right along with it and all. ha

Aleka and Ledom... hey girls hope all is going good for the 2 of you. i love this board and working with all of you.. woof lacee and hi to all the other little ones...

i wish all of you a NICE EASTER DAY....

aleka 03-25-2005 02:30 PM

Good afternoon ladies,

I just wanted to pop in to wish you all a very HAPPY EASTER!!! Hope you all have a wonderful day.

ledom 03-28-2005 06:30 AM

Thanks for the easter greetings. I hope you all had a nice weekend. We just didn't celebrate this year - instead we rested. I slept until 1 p.m. yesterday, unheard of but it was cold and rainy (good sleeping weather) and I guess I needed it.

Spring break is over and it's back to work today. I have 6 more weeks and it'll be over. Sabbatical here I come.

Goal for the week. Get up and exercise every morning and with that I am off to it.

LaDean 03-28-2005 03:40 PM

Ledom, so glad you got your rest. our bodies need that to. sometimes we forget and they will tell us. ha glad your back to a new day of exercise and to. i missed my walk this am. but as reading your post and on your way i am heading for the exercise bike as i speak. got to get with mine to. then out to patio on my cardio glider. and got line dance tonite our first lesson, can hardly wait. love line dancing or any kind of dancing. ha got to get out and practice in garage some this afternoon. ha ha get back with it. good luck for your plan and all today

well its back to my atkins introduction. thought i might as well get with it again. as i loss with it and i know it can be done on it. so going for it again.. Judi good luck today for you. i have found no fruits still they cause just gains. so got the eggs going to devil some more and go for the meat. ha ha good luck to you. my easter was good. got on chips and candy little bit. but hey today a new one. that is over and out of mi nd. ha

Aleka. hope lacee and you had a good easter. we did. Hey guess what i have checked all the papers for a boston. well saturday i was so busy cleaning and getting ready for my easter dinner. forgot paper period>>>> well hubby was reading it yesterday morning said come here. i did. and you will not believe it a boston to give away free an adult one. i dropped everything looked up number online and its in town just 35 miles from me one kids live in. and a cell phone. called and it was full. i imagine all about the boston. ha so finally i lefted my number then i lefted 3 messages then i called later last nite and left a message. a young gal. then i called this am. so i pray i will get a call and she still has it. told her to even call and let me know if its gone. ha oh i been praying so hard. everytime the phone rings i jump and run.... oh well its in Gods hands. if meant to be it will. when we got tuffy was in our little paper and on a sunday nite. so i just feel its right. ha ha oh well had a great easter...

TO ALL OF YOU ITS A NEW DAY AND ALMOST A NEW MONTH... SO LETS GET BUSY AND DO OUR THING. I LOVE WORKING WITH YOU AND ALL. HELPS ME SO VERY MUCH. THANKS...

aleka, hey i know lacee kisses. they all do. ha ha i miss tuffys so very much. so willl you give lacee one for me. ha ha ha

aleka 03-28-2005 05:14 PM

Good afternoon,

LaDean, I will pray also that you get the Boston you saw in the paper. :goodluck: Let us know what happens. I certainly will give Lacee a kiss for you. Glad you had a good Easter. Our's was nice too.

ledom, it sounds like you really needed some rest. It sounds like it was a good day for it. Did you go on your camping trip yet? If so, did you have a good time?

Enjoy the rest of the day.

LaDean 03-28-2005 11:32 PM

Aleka, i have called twice just did and no answer. its a cell phone. so i guess its been given away and she is not answering them. see there rare here and like my hubby said people get them free and sell them. sad but i wish i had seen saturdays paper. oh well something will come up if its meant to be. will let you know. oh thanks. i miss tuffys kisses so very much. his last day he did reach up and kiss me. it was meant to be. got him kissing and lefted him with kisses. also found pups close but rather not start all over. ha ha i had line dance tonite and so fun... learned a dance i had not done before. now got another one to exercise to. a fun group of gals to. well have a nice evening.

LaDean 03-30-2005 03:25 PM

Good morning to all, this is a great day. i feel better. 1/2 lb from goal. this made my day. see i got over it. playing with my leeway. i can go 3 above and 7 under in tops. so this was all new to me. i figured hey in leway and good. but not good. got to get below so i do not blow it again. so i am so happy. feel good to. so may get a walk in. if not will ride ex bike. will see how it goes. never walked this am as tummy was little quezzy still. so no chances. but feel great now. so i hope everyones day is going as good. i am doing good with plan. back to atkins judi. the introduction. hey it did it this far for me not giving it up i decided. ha cept this week just have not been eating. so good in ways. have a good day all. Lacee wooffffff a kisssssss for you. ha LaDean and also loves for all the kitties out there. ha