General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 03-07-2005, 01:36 AM   #1  
Learning To Fly...

S/C/G: 307/Ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Default Safe & Effective Ways To "Flush" Your System??

Well I gained weight AGAIN, the scale is at 214 now the highest it has EVER been. I lack the willpower to start again b/c back in January when I was exercising and eating well I saw NO results.

So for the next 2 months or so I want to track what I eat, when I eat it, exercise I do, Measurements, weight etc. etc. Then I'm going to go see my doctor.

I will show my doctor what I've recorded and see if she can help me figure out what I'm doing wrong or what I should try, or possibly (most likely) send me for thyroid tests. My mom has had problems with her thyroid and gets it tested alot so she knows quite a bit, she also reads TONS of magazines and is currently studying fitness and nutrition and she thinks I might have an underactive thyroid.

I did some research on it on the internet and found a site that listed the symptoms and *surprise surprise* I had all of them.

Anyway for the next couple days - at the most a week. I'd like to do a system flush. To rid my body of all the bad stuff in it and start anew....

I was wondering if anyone knows any good, safe and effective system flushing methods/diets.

Thanks.
Trixie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 07:51 AM   #2  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

http://altmedicine.about.com/cs/diet..._Diet_Plan.htm
ledom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 08:28 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Really if you want to clean your system-just eat foods in their whole state-rather than processed. Lean Meat, oatmeal, salads and veggies, fresh fruits-and drink lots of water and tea.
Just avoind processed foods, sodas, and things with all sorts of preservatives.

I wouldn't just "assume" that you have thyroid problems because you are having trouble to lose weight and have some symptoms on a list. There could be a number of factors that caused you not to see results, or you could have had results but maybe not what you wanted them to be. I don't have enough information on what you were eating and your exercise plan to know-things could have very well needed some changing in a few areas.

~How long were you following an exercise/eating plan?
~What sort of exercise were you doing, and how much?
~What was your eating plan-low calorie, low carb, etc.-and what did it consist of?
~What were your results during the time that you followed the eating/exercise plan? (ex: 2 pounds in a month, etc.)

It takes months, and sometimes years to get to your goal weight/size/desired fitness level. I started out at 211-and over 2 years later I am at 164 and really, really working to have the scale go down any further. This is not a quick process. To be successful it has to be a lifestyle change.

I also have symptoms that could fall into the same symptoms of thyroid trouble. But-I have had thyroid testing (not by my suggestion-my doctor suggested it) and I am perfectly fine.

It's not thyroid-I simply have a few of the symptoms through heredity, and my weight problem is due to being an emotional overeater (Boredom and stress being BIG eating cues for me!) and being high risk for diabetes. (another story altogether!)
Just don't be too quick to look for a medical exuse for being overweight-because for most people, that's not what it is.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 07:32 PM   #4  
Learning To Fly...

S/C/G: 307/Ticker/150

Height: 5'4

I didn't say that I know the reason why I saw no results was b/c I have a thyroid problem, It is a possibilty and I said I'm gonna track everything so I can show my doctor so she can tell me what I'm doing wrong and test it just to be sure, better safe than sorry.
Trixie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 08:47 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

No, I didn't say that you knew you had a thyroid problem either. it is better to be safe than sorry, I agree-but unless you find out that you do from your doctor-the best way that we can help you here is to find out what you were doing as far as diet and exercise that wasn't getting you results. If that information is known-maybe we can help you make a few changes to start your weight loss rolling. That was the point of my post-to try to fined out more so I can suggest things that will help you start losing.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote