3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General Diet Plans and Questions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions-10/)
-   -   Gotta Vent (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions/53798-gotta-vent.html)

textjewel 02-24-2005 06:22 PM

Don't they worry that if they drop you that you'll use the air time to their DISADVANTAGE? Or did you sign some sort of 'silence' agreement?

Julie

travkitty 03-02-2005 12:12 PM

The Plot Thickens

I can't really bad mouth LAWL since they still advertising with our stations, with me on the plan or not.

Today was interesting. We decided to bump me back up to the red plan on Monday since I've stepped up my workouts to over 7 hours per week. I'm just addicted to exercise & I'm not stopping. I was down a half a pound today, which is huge because I also found out last week that I have IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) which could be affecting my weight loss. I'll be going on a medical research study later this month for a new drug for IBS, which I told the center.

However, today our sales rep who has the LAWL account emailed me saying that the center says I may be gaining & that corporate is freaking.

The scale hasn't gone up, only been in the same 2 pound range for several weeks, I haven't gained any inches girth-wise. Again, it's like they freak if anyone doesn't fit their pre-packaged mold of a weight loss success.

I'm not freaking about it, they can if they want. Aside from their corporate crap, I'm happy with the program. I can't help it if I'm gaining muscle faster than losing fat & that my IBS is causing me to retain water like a buffalo. I've lost 10 pounds & 20 inches, I'm happy, case closed, at least in my mind.

I will hang on for a couple more weeks & see if the plan change & exercise upswing help. My doctor recommended I increase the exercise to offset the water retention & constipation caused by the IBS. I'f I'm losing inches but still getting grief from corporate, I'm dumping the plan, money be darned. I'll make up the loss of money somehow.

GRRRRRR!

Annie

aphil 03-02-2005 01:08 PM

Annie-I edited the abbreviations out of your post. I know you are upset, and you have EVERY right to be in my opinion, but try to keep it cleaner, okay? ;)

textjewel 03-02-2005 05:51 PM

Annie -

Thanks for giving us the update!

I am sorry to hear about the bad news from the doctor- hope that you will find the right treatment soon. You are so brave to be a guinea pig :)

I am also sorry to hear about your problems with corporate - from what I've seen, LAWL is generally VERY HANDSOFF anyone with a health problem - this may also be because the 2#/week goal. . . they may use the IBS as a reason to drop you.

But, I have to ask - even if they drop you - you won't stop, right? The program is working for you in every way but the pounds? And I'm right that the scale doesn't bother you as much as it does them?

Best luck!
Julie

travkitty 03-02-2005 09:16 PM

Yes, I'd still continue on my own, using the Luna Bars instead of the Lites.

I'm ecstatic about the program, but, yes, corporate is being difficult. The big reason, they said, is that they haven't had a lot of calls to the number I've been promoting. I found this interesting because just a couple weeks ago they said they had a great response.

Well, I'm a female talking about a weight loss program on a male-oriented station...what do they expect? For all they know, there could be quite a few people walking in or calling the local number. There's no one else on the station who can go on the program...everyone else is thin.

I don't know, I'll just go with the flow. I'd hope they'd give me another couple of weeks to see if the changes work.

travkitty 03-03-2005 02:38 PM

Well, I resigned from my endorsement deal today. I'm hoping another endorsement deal will come my way soon. I sent an email to the sales rep here, tell me what you think:

Bill,

I know you've had to deal with a lot regarding LA Weight Loss, & after giving this some thought, even though I'll really miss the money & I'm ecstatic with the results, I don't want to keep playing tug of war with them. I was fearful when I started this that what disenchanted me with LAWL when I worked for them would happen all over again, & it has. They focus so much on the scale that even though clients are seeing progress & results, they get beaten down because they are working out hard. I just won't be a lazy *** & not exercise. And, if that makes me a poor spokeswoman for them, then so be it. Perhaps I'll find a weight loss or exercise client that will encourage my healthy lifestyle, which I am open to, by the way. I just feel like my dedication & work ethic is being questioned by LAWL & it's stressing me out too much to make it worth it to me anymore.

Ray said you had asked Cole about some product similar to Ultra 90 or something. I would be interested in knowing about it if it fits me. If not, please keep your ears out for anything else needing an endorsement personality, your client or otherwise. I just can't cheer on the LAWL bandwagon when even they don't seem to care about whether their clients are having their needs met.

I hope you understand. I'll put this week on my talent form for March, but that's it.

Thanks.

textjewel 03-03-2005 08:16 PM

Annie - I know this was a tough decision, but think it was the right one considering the center and corporate problems on top of the new health challenges!

I hope you continue to let us know what's up with you!

Hugs!
Julie