General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 03-17-2005, 11:21 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Just wanted to add that while I don't think Slim-Fast is the best plan out there by ANY means, it is there original formula (pre-canned shakes) that have that amount of sugar in them. The powder cannisters where you mix with your own milk have slightly less, and their new Optima line of shakes/bars/snacks have all been reformulated with less sugar. (I was on a taste test panel for this before the line was introduced-they changed the formulation by switching the sugar amount to half, and adding sucralose (Splenda essentially) to make up for it.
So-Slim Fast has listened to the complaints of too much sugar in their products, and are at least trying to improve it.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 06:48 PM   #17  
Miles

S/C/G: 176/168/135

Height: 5'4"

Just wanted to say I sort of tried slimfast last summer. I enjoyed using their bars for snacks(though I am sure there is better) and occasionally used the soy mixes for homemade shakes in the morning as I am not a breakfast person. I think the biggest advantage to a diet should be that you are able to stick with it, and not feel deprived. I found myself hungry too often (the 220 calorie bars were the same size as others that were lower calories, and I found they weren't enough for meals or snacks). I also found I cheated too often on dinner meals. I gave up slimfast for the most part in favor of calorie counting and focusing on healthy meals rather than structuring substitutions, I occasionally use theirs or other snack bars, and still use certain tools on their site. For me the worst part wasn't the lack of nutrients, but that my mind didn't feel like it was eating, and didn't enjoy the meals enough to not eat other foods(though maybe that was partially lack of nutrients). Hope that helps, good luck.
blues4miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 03:02 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 270/270/160 7/1/06

Height: 5' 4"

I am on slimfast. There is a support group for liquid diets. liquiddietdiscussion.com I post every day and you can get a diet buddy. Sandy
sandia sandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 03:08 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 270/270/160 7/1/06

Height: 5' 4"

also check the slimfast cans--I get the ones that have 20 grams protein and 4 grams of carbs--also drink 16 oz of low sodium V-8 to get 50 % od your potassium (for just 100 calories) if you go on the all liquid plan. Sandy
sandia sandi is offline   Reply With Quote