General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2001, 11:10 AM   #46  
Uber-Moderator!!

Default Hey you guuuuyyyzzz!

(Remember the old show "The Electric Company" on PBS???)

Whew! Just got back from the gym. I printed out the "Ab Boot Camp" article from www.musclemedia.com (thanks AGAIN susanje!!!) and gave it a go after my cardio workout. I know I'm supposed to wait until the last four weeks but what the heck, my abs can use it!

Liz - Saw your website finally (should've just clicked on your homepage link on top of your post...duhhhh...). All I can say is - you can't POSSIBLY be a grandma - you look way too youthful! And you're doing great at BFL as well!

I've just "gotta crow" here (quoting Peter Pan). Life seems to be going really well for Jim and myself...we both love our jobs (we work at the same company), I'm feeling fit, we finally have some cool neighbors we can hang out with (we usually BBQ with them on the weekends) and best of all I can SEE and FEEL BFL working...even though I've only lost four or five pounds as of last Sunday, the strength training sessions have made a HUGE difference in my appearance in just a matter of six weeks. I'm totally amazed!

I'm planning on updating my website fairly soon - and will likely include my 'before' and 'after' BFL pix as well. I got Jim a digital camera for his birthday last week with the ulterior motive of being able to get those photos...I just need to borrow the scanner from our neighbor so I can scan the 'before' pix.

Susan - I bought a box of Myoplex Lite Bars (the toffee crunch flavor) for my weekday meal #4. As far as meal #5, every week I buy a bag of those Safeway frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts ($10.99 for 4 pounds) and toss one on the Foreman grill (I'll probably break down and get one of the big ones pretty soon). Near East Foods makes a terrific brown rice pilaf mix and something called "Creative Grains" which is brown rice, barley and bulgar wheat mixed with a bit of seasoning. I also like to get broccoli, sliced mushrooms, bell pepper, crushed garlic, etc and stir-fry them in a non-stick pan sprayed with Pam, and make a sauce with water/soy sauce/cornstarch and just a drop or two of sesame oil for flavor. Tres Yum!

Okay, I'm hungry now, time to wake up hubby so's I can make me a Myoplex Lite...
Old 06-03-2001, 10:27 AM   #47  
Uber-Moderator!!

Default Yeee hawww!!! FREE DAY!!

This has been SUCH an awesome week! Just got on the scale (as I always do on Free Day morning) and I weighed 151.5. I haven't been that low in awhile!

Okay, I know scale weight isn't the be-all and end-all of BFL but I still get a big charge from seeing results like that!

Today Jim and I are planning on going back to Jack Tone Ranch for their "Open Barn" bash. First, we're going to breakfast at STACK'S iin Burlingame - they have the BEST breakfasts - I want a waffle today!

Visible results - I'm firming up and losing bodyfat everywhere but most prominently in my upper body - that lower body fat has been there for quite awhile so I expect it'll be the last to go (especially in the hips and thighs). I also expect that it will take at least one more 12-week Challenge to get to the point where my legs have real definition - but for some reason everything seems to be going into hyperdrive now - I'm feeling and looking better and better every day, it seems!

Have a great day, y'all!
Old 06-03-2001, 10:53 AM   #48  

Hey all,

I'm going to start a #5 at the end of today. (Free Day!) I think I am going to keep my noshing to a minimum but eat unauthorized foods. Cereal for breakfast, tuna sandwich with real mayo for lunch and then we are going to a buffet restaurant for dinner where I will eat what I want and have dessert.

I also started taking gugglesterones this week. I don't do "fat burner" products but these have no side effects (Or at least they are not supposed to but I feel a bit warm since I've started taking them, but no speedy effect). I've heard good things so I'll take them.

I had what I thought was killer LBWO yesterday but no sore muscles today. Hmmmmmmmmmm. I was certainly hobbling around the gym yesterday. Maybe it's all the glutamine I take. dunno.

later!
Susan
Old 06-04-2001, 10:11 AM   #49  
Check out my homepage=>

Default Hey, BFL Bbes! :wave:

As you're probably discovering, many of us have tweaked the nutritional aspects of BFL just a touch, especially in determining what a "portion size" is. I started counting calories & weighing portions out of curiosity & quickly discovered how easy it is to overeat!

I've also begun eliminating the "starchy carbs" he recommends at every meal, opting instead for larger servings of low-glycemic carbs like fresh fruits and veggies. I certainly feel better!
Closed Thread