Does anyone know? ...

• A friend of mine wants to join 'Healthy Weigh' ...has anyone tried it? Is it restrictive? What's the plan like? Can a person 'live' with it? Just wondering ...

Thanks!
  • Healthy Weight Network, Healthy Weight Coaching...there are a lot of things called "Healthy Weight" on the internet. Could you provide a link so I can see what it is-I was going to check it out for you-but I was unsure which website you were referring to.
    Aphil
  • the Healthy Weigh
    Aphil,

Thanks for your reply. I asked her some more about the program, and it's called "The Healthy Weigh." I checked to see if I could find anything on it, and there really is very little. My friend said that it's VERY restrictive, but she wants to loose FAST before a wedding in June that she's attending. I told her 'fast' isn't the best way to go, but she's determined to get rid of the extra pounds as quickly as humanly possible! If you or anyone else knows 'details' maybe that could help her.

Thanks again!
  • I did a search for "the healthy weigh" and found a couple of things, each different. Most of the links went to weight loss management classes which are titled 'the healthy weigh'. The descriptions usually sounded good, were led by registered nutritionists, and stressed that fast weight loss was not the right way to go. This probably isn't what your friend was looking at.

I also found a site under the same name that sells weight loss products, and this is probably what she is looking at, since she wants to lose fast.

Quote:
    We are so excited that we wanted to share this with everyone. We are the largest health, nutrition and weight loss company in the world today. And the reason for our success is because of our products. Our products are totally natural which means there are no drugs, chemicals or side effects (except for better health, incredible energy, and permanent weight loss) and they're safe for everyone to use. Even children and people on medications can use them.
    First, the site is extremely basic, consists of 3 pages: an intro page, a page called 'six myths of weight loss', and a questionnaire that wants your address, phone number, and best time to call you with their sales pitch. They do not provide ANY information on their diet plan, or the products they sell. There are no references to studies proving success. My advice would be to run, run, run away from this plan.

If she's looking at something else, maybe she can give you more information so we can take a closer look.

I would suggest to your friend that she join Weight Watchers, try South Beach, or even go low carb. Low carb diets usually result in quick weight loss at the beginning, although they do taper off later and the total weight loss is the same over the course of a year as other diets. Also suggest she begin a regular exercise routine, this will help her drop pounds fast.
  • "We are the largest health, nutrition and weight loss company in the world today..."

How much you wanna bet that it's a front for an Herbalife distributor???

Besides, wouldn't Weight Watchers be the largest "health, nutrition and weight loss company"? Oi.
  • Mrs Jim:

I was just reading this thread to see what was being asked, and had to comment on your success. First I saw your signature, and thought WOW - look at those stats, then looked at your Avatar and noticed the bathing suit - then click on that and saw your picture. Your beautiful! Congrats at losing the weight and from the looks at your stats - your keeping it off. It's hard to image someone so beautiful ever being over weight. Your an inspiration to all who are still fighting the battle. Hugs, Sy
  • Yes...she is beautiful.