3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General Diet Plans and Questions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions-10/)
-   -   Cabbage soup diet? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions/49870-cabbage-soup-diet.html)

blondie77 11-29-2004 04:14 PM

Cabbage soup diet?

Has anyone tried this,
did it work?

Im doing it for 1 week, starting today, just to for a start for my healthy diet. Do you HAVE to eat the soup everyday?

K8-EEE 11-29-2004 05:17 PM

I'm on day three of it right now! Have been soundly reprimanded here, but so far, I really like it. It's not really that hard.

I think of it sort of as a jump-start type of thing. My personal feeling is it's good if you want to just lose a few pounds, but not if you have a significant weight problem. Also you have to eat very lightly after the 7 day period or the weight will jump right back on you!

Despite lectures that "you'll only lose water!" I can happily report that my jeans that were tight last week aren't tight now; so, yay!

I feel fine so far and am doing light workouts (curves and walking) Nothing too strenuous. Drinking LOTS of tea and water -- this is kind of like fasting, so I'm not doing anything too strenuous.

My biggest challenge is that I cook dinner for my family every night. What I've been doing is, making everything in the morning. Even on this diet, I'm just never hungry in the morning.

It has been a pretty productive three days -- I got a ton of shopping & wrapping done for Christmas! And it's CHEAP too...

aphil 11-30-2004 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K8-EEE

Despite lectures that "you'll only lose water!" I can happily report that my jeans that were tight last week aren't tight now; so, yay!

Well-actually we said that you will lose water and muscle mass. ;) Your body is composed of a lot of water all throughout your body-as well as the muscle mass-so it is very possible for your jeans to be looser through water/muscle loss. With too low protein and no exercise while restricting your calorie levels-SOMETHING has to be lost from your body-so those are the two main components going-not fat.

There is really no reason to continue with this thread-as it is redundant to the other one recently posted up here-so I am going to close this one.

blondie-if you want to read the other thread and all the information there-it is the one called "I Want To Lose 10 Pounds in Three Weeks!" or something like that.

I have lost over 46 pounds in the past two years...not only that-but medically speaking my heart condition (athletically) blood tests such as cholesterol and everything have greatly improved...my doctor told me I have an "athletic heart" with a very good recovery rate after exercise...and my body fat percentage (measurement of actual body fat) has dropped significantly over the past 2 years.

If you don't exercise and don't eat right-you can lose 10 pounds and not any of it be fat at all...it can be water weight and your lean muscle mass that you want to keep-the result being you are a little smaller-but all the wiggly jiggly stuff you want to get rid of and don't like seeing in a bathing suit-is STILL there. The fat.

I got that through lots of strength training and cardio exercise...and proper nutrition-eating whole foods such as lean protein, beans, peas, and legumes, fruits and veggies, and whole grain carbohydrates in place of processed junk-not a cabbage soup diet.