General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 09-15-2004, 04:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 284/260/160

Smile HELP! Atkins Newbie!

I am new to 3fatchicks.com. I have decided that I CAN NOT go one more day overweight. I have decided to make a lifestyle change. I have 2 small kids that I need to set a good example for. I am going to Cancun in November and don't want to look like a beached whale! I want to start the Atkins plan tomorrow. I would like to know what is a good menu to start out with. I am a carboholic! I know I have a 2 week induction phase that will help my cravings. I would just like to know from people who are actually doing the Atkins plan what has worked for them.
grn ize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 05:02 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

grn-my advice to you is this: if you plan on starting Atkins tomorrow-make sure that you have the book, and that you have read it all thoroughly from start to finish. It will provide all information, menus, allowed foods, basic outline of the plan in its different phases, and everything you need to start.

Second-realize that permanent weight loss is slow and steady. November is only a month and a half away-so don't set your sights too high as far as a large weight loss by vacation time. A healthy weight loss can vary from 1/4 to 2 pounds per week.

If you need help and support specifically for the Atkins plan-try the low carb forum here at 3FC-there are lots of Atkins and other low carb followers over there.

Good luck to you,
Aphil
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 09:50 PM   #3  

I been on atkins since July 5th and have loss 21 lbs. i loss 16.50 inches. its worked for me. i love it. go on line and www.atkins.com and its all there the info and all. i used it. i also have the books and kit. its working for me. a life time plan for me. i love it.. i have not gained since july. last week i had a forth gain but that i just ignore alot. already since friday down almost 4 lbs. just less then 5 from goal. just try it and for some it does not work. so good luck to y ou.. LaDean
LaDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2004, 10:47 PM   #4  
WW Moderator

Atkins.com does have a lot of great information, but it is no substitute for the book. Please buy the book or check it out from the library. That goes for all plans, in my opinion. There is a lot of information that could make or break your weight loss in the books, plus information you might not see spread out over thousands of web pages.
I bought a used copy at a local bookstore for $3. Good luck!
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 04:54 PM   #5  

I started induction last Wed, tomorrow will be a week. First, I bought and read the book after watching my s-i-l maintain her thinness for 5 years. I never realized it was a four phase plan. I also never understood how it works with your body.
For me, so far I have had no cravings, no withdrawals and no complaints. I absolutely love it and I know its only been a week - BUT so far so good. By tomorrow I should be at a 5 pound loss.
Reading the book really got me excited and ready to go with the plan. Knowledge is power. My husband has jumped on now too and he is reading the book in bits and pieces, it's best cover to cover......Good luck and don't expect miracles, you have to give it some time........
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 03:33 PM   #6  

Star, good for you that is great. i been on it since july and its the plan for me. i love it to.. doing good to. almost at goal... have a good day. LaDean
LaDean is offline   Reply With Quote