General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2001, 07:41 PM   #1  

Angry

Hello everyone, I just joined and after reading a few of the posts I feel very motivated. I need to lose 50lbs. I hit 45 and started putting on the weight and now at 56 I look like a rolly polly. I am 5'1 and weight 175lbs. I use to drink slim fast when I was working. I really like it so I thought why not use it to lose weight. I will let you know how I'll be doing. Need to exercise also. Thought maybe start out walking. Any input would be appreciated.
Old 04-16-2001, 08:46 PM   #2  
I WILL get to my goal!

Welcome to the board!

Walking is a great form of exercise. It is a cadriovascular exercise which promotes weight loss. It is also a good activity for a healthy heart.

My fiance try to walk every night when it is warm out during the evening. It is hard to get started, but once you get into it it gets easier to do. For me I just hate being outside, but walking has made me really appreciate the outdoors and nature. *S*

I just started the Zone Diet so I am hoping between the walking and this diet I should get to my goal of 155 before Jan. 2002

Well, anyways, good luck in your journey and don't forget to tell us how you do!
Old 04-18-2001, 03:29 PM   #3  

HI

I saw your post and wanted to respond. I am 46 and have decided that after years of dragging this stuff around itīs finally time for it to come off. I honestly never admitted that I had a weight problem, but slowly as I looked into the mirror and became more and more unhappy I realized new clothes would never make me look better until I lost some weight! Itīs funny how we can stay in denial for so long. But I was also stressed, and working all the time, in an unhappy marriage, I just barely had my head above water! I could not see that I had weight problems too! But now the marriage is over, I am in a new more relaxed relationship, and a new country! So all I have to do now, is take care of myself. I have lost 22 lbs since January and still at it. I want to lose 40 more.

I used to skip breakfast and have a small lunch an big supper. Now I realize that itīs best to eat three times a day and even a snack in between! If your body has more to do, it works itīs metabolism more efficiently. So I did it backwards for so long.

Now I spend my time either reading about diets or exercising when I am at home. I try not to sit for too long at one time and I drink tonīs of water. Nothing felt so good as to have the seat of my pants to sag! Course now I only have three pair of pants that fit well. But I hesitate to invest much money in new clothes. I fee like buying new clothes is like accepting the weight that I am at now, and I do not, I want to go further!

Anyway, good luck on your weight loss. If you would like to keep in touch, I am always on the board somewhere and I will check back here as well!

Bye now!
Closed Thread