General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2004, 04:23 PM   #16  
WW Moderator

I found a great tracking program. I've seen the site before, but never actually looked at it very good until now. http://www.bfltracker.com You can post all of your measurements and goals and update with each BFL challenge.

You can type in your measurements and update weekly, if you want. It has columns for weights, measurements and weekly notes.

You can see some completed logs here:
http://www.bfltracker.com/latestprofiles.cfm

I would suggest clicking on the right hand column since they are recently updated and probably have more info on them than the new ones on the left.
Old 06-16-2004, 04:45 PM   #17  
WW Moderator

Wow, how is this for motivation?

http://www.bfltracker.com/showphotos.cfm?id=2199
Old 06-16-2004, 09:15 PM   #18  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Hey Jennifer - On the protein, here are a couple of ideas. Sometimes I have deli turkey breast w/ fruit. I like to squirt spicy mustard on it and roll it up like a wrap and eat it with fresh cherries this time of year. I know you didn't like the EAS shakes but have you tried making smoothies w/ fruit, CC, and/or protein powder. Another way I like to eat fruit. 1/2 a serving of protein powder mixed in w/ 1/2 serving of oatmeal 1/2 serving of CC and 1/2 serving of fruit like strawberries or blueberries makes a great breakfast. Or, how about a fruit pancake? I have been making pancakes w/ 4 whites, 1/4 c CC, 1 T cocoa powder, 1/3 c dry oatmeal, splenda to taste and a handful of blueberries, serve w/ sugar free syrup.
Old 06-17-2004, 10:01 AM   #19  
Chick

Good morning, Jen I enjoyed browsing around the bfl tracker. Before and after pictures always inspire me. I took photos of myself around the first of the year so I will try to make time in the next couple of days to take some more pics.

Yesterday I was back on track. My workout was so good, it left me feeling pumped the rest of the day. I'll be doing cardio today. I get weird about weighing when I know I haven't lost or think I might see a gain. Therefore I am going to wait another week or so before weighing again. I don't want to upset myself and fall into regret. I see a nice, unstressful couple of months ahead of me (knock on wood) before I have to go back to work. No trips planned until mid-August so I really want to make the most of this time while I actually have time to give myself lots of attention.

Jen, I am looking forward to having you back in action. Not only for your sake but so I have a buddy in the daily pursuit of bfl perfection!
Old 06-17-2004, 02:30 PM   #20  
WW Moderator

Wow, you don't have to go back to work for 2 months? Cool. I have to go back in 2 weeks.

I'm definitely not going to be lifting for a while. Carrying my pocketbook pulls on my stomach and getting in and out of the car (SUV, so it's a jump) makes my incision weep. I'd say at least another month before I get to lift. Hopefully I'll be back on a real eating plan next Tuesday when I do a follow up visit.

I read for a good snack, mix equal portions of sweet potato (I assume mashed) and cottage cheese, and then add vanilla, Splenda and pumpkin pie spice to taste. It didn't say to heat it up, but I think it would be better warm. Or warmish!
Old 06-18-2004, 10:11 AM   #21  
Chick

Morning Jennifer, I have had the sweet potato/cc meal a lot of times. I like it a lot. When I make sweet potatoes I bake several at once. Then it is easy to warm one in the microwave before mixing w/ CC. This morning my breakfast was tasty. I had cantaloupe and cc. The cantaloupe was so good. Yesterday I was picture perfect UNTIL right before I went to bed and I had a bad snack. I haven't done that in ages but must go to bed earlier or drink water or something to avoid that happening again. I'll certainly be conscious of what is going on with me tonight in terms of food.

Yes, nice long vacations is a perk of teaching.

I hope your Dr. okays you to get back to your eating plan soon. So sorry that the surgery is taking you out of the exercise picture, but it will pass.

Chest workout today.
Old 06-18-2004, 10:48 AM   #22  
Lovin' Zumba!

I just found you all again - see what happens when I'm not really paying attention! Have a bunch of posts to get caught back up on, and then I'll be back!
Cindy
Old 06-18-2004, 11:00 AM   #23  

Ok, Im gonna be doing this by the seat of my pants until I can afford to buy the book, so I have one question. Where does dairy fit in? Such as Yogurt? Thanks in advance!!!
Old 06-18-2004, 11:03 AM   #24  
Lovin' Zumba!

Ledom - welcome back from your trip - with all I have going on right now, I lost track of you! I spent last weekend in Newport, RI, and have been struggling with getting back on track myself.... Glad to hear your getting back into your workouts and had an *almost* perfect food day yesterday!

Hey there Jennifer! That tracker site is great, isn't it? I've spent hours and hours there in the past...

I *finally* did an UBWO today - the bicep tendonitis is much, much better, and the PT said it was time to start back with some very light weights. It almost seems silly to be doing just 2 sets with 5# weights, but I need to really ease back into this.

My eating has been a bit spotty - having a man in my life now is presenting a challenge on the eating front - he follows a low fat/high carb program, and thinks chocolate Teddy Grahams is a good breakfast! And, he hates cottage cheese!

But, I think we'll work through it - my weight is hanging steady right now - I had an initial gain due to all the eating out we were doing, but now it's back down.

Yum - that sweet potato recipe sounds great - I'll definitely have to try that!
Cindy
Old 06-18-2004, 11:53 AM   #25  
Lovin' Zumba!

MellyWelly - dairy generally has a lot of carbs in it, so often it's a combination food, or actually a carb.

With yogurt, you really have to watch the sugar/carb content as it's usually 20g or higher per cup. For example, one meal I have often is 1 cup of a low-fat fruited yogurt mixed in with 1 cup of cottage cheese to balance it out.
Cindy
Old 06-18-2004, 12:10 PM   #26  
Chick

Hey Melly welcome aboard and CINDY so good to hear from you.

Melly, these are good websites that will give you the basic jist of the plan

www.eatingforlife.com/
http://www.bodyforlife.com/

yogurt is considered a protein - ask away and we'll do our best to answer any of your questions

Cindy, so glad you are enjoying a new man in your life. I can appreciate the challenges it is bringing you, but I know you'll work it out. I have been rereading some of your e-mails on menu and workout schedule to help get myself back in the groove.

I just realized that Wed. was the end of week 12 for me. I am just not in the mood to get on the scale but I have lost roughly 10 lbs. this challenge. My clothes are fitting really good and I have gotten into the next smaller size so I have to consider the challenge a success even with a couple weeks of vacation thrown in. I think I will give myself another week when hopefully I'll feel good enough to weigh and then start another challenge.
Old 06-18-2004, 12:23 PM   #27  

So A dannon light n fit smoothie, which has 15c 5p, how would that work? Would it be better if i added a peice of meat as a "side dish" so to speak?
Old 06-18-2004, 12:52 PM   #28  
WW Moderator

Ok I have a yogurt question - On low carb, it is considered protein because the carbs eat themselves because of the yogurt cultures, etc. I thought EFL didn't lay it out like that and yogurt was considered a carb. That's how I was eating it. Am I wrong? I know I read it because I had to change my thinking around again- but maybe it wasn't an official source.

Melly, you need to keep your carbs and protein as close together as possible, so I would add a cheese stick or a couple of slices of lean deli meat if it were me. Or an egg white omelet. Also, a great way to track your percentages is www.fitday.com . You can see what percentage you wind up at. You want 40% carb, 40% protein and 20% fat.
Old 06-18-2004, 01:08 PM   #29  
Chick

OOPS you are right Jennifer! I am wrong wrong wrong on that. It is a carb, my confusion might stem from the fact that the only way I have eaten yogurt is mixed in w/ CC and I do that very rarely.
Old 06-20-2004, 11:15 PM   #30  
WW Moderator

Recipe!

I found this on BFL - I think it is reader submitted, but it is BFL Authorized.

CHICKEN GYROS

2 servings
Grill or broil two boneless skinless chicken breasts and chop into bite size pieces. Mix 3/4 cup fat free plain yogurt with 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon pepper and a pinch of salt. Add 1/2 cup chopped tomato and 1/2 cup chopped cucumber to the yogurt mixture. Place chicken and yogurt and vegetable mixture on two whole wheat pieces of pita bread. Wrap and enjoy!
Closed Thread