General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 08-15-2005, 12:26 PM   #1  

Default Seattle Sutton Food Plan

Has anyone tried this plan? I just heard about it, the center prepares your meals for a week, either 1200 calories or 2000 calories. You can either pick up or have delivered twice a week....the cost is $105 for 1200 and $125 for 2000 calorie plans.....????
Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 01:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Star,

They have Seattle Sutton locations here in Indiana-near the Indianapolis area.

Pretty much, I would equate it with the Meals On Wheels program for the elderly-except instead of being meals for the elderly, they are meals for the more health conscious.

You are getting usually a starch, a fat, and a fruit for breakfast, some sort of meat and veggie type of salad dish for lunch, and then usually a full entree meal with protein, starch, and veggies for dinner. It is recommended that if you are eating all your meals with this plan, that you include skim dairy products into your plan.

You can check out their menus ahead of time on their website to get an idea of what they serve.

It is very convenient, and the foods they serve are pretty balanced and healthy-but it is going to be expensive if you normally do not eat out much. I would pretty much equate it with Nutristym or Jenny Craig as far as no worries about meal planning or counting calories-but since it is freshly prepared "real" food instead of canned/freeze dried/frozen foods, I would imagine that they taste a lot better.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 02:14 PM   #3  

Thanks Aphil (Is there anything you don't know?)

My DH and I are thinking about trying it for a week to see how the food is. They also offer a weekend only plan....I know it would be $225 per week if we do it, but the only extra stuff we would buy would be skim mile....it shoul be called the Lazy Person's Diet.....

We are still thinking about it - will follow up on our decision.....
Old 08-15-2005, 02:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Let me know how the food is...
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 02:29 PM   #5  

I'm thinking if we decide to do this it might be after Labor Day......
but I will for sure let you know Aphil.....
Old 08-15-2005, 02:55 PM   #6  
Uber-Moderator!!

Actually - there seem to be quite a few of these popping up recently!

Anyone else see the 48 Hours segment last year on Wayne Knight (Newman) and the way he is losing weight? (here's the link, if you need a refresher)

I remember seeing an article in the local paper about a gal (if memory serves, she's an RD/nutritionist) who started a local service like the one described above - she prepares the entire day's worth of meals and delivers them to her clients (along with some nutritional education regarding healthy foods and portions) - I was trying to find the article online, but no dice so I'll have to go by memory and recall that the clients might only provide skim milk and *maybe* fresh fruit - everything else is measured, and freshly prepared. Of course I'm sure it costs a bunch, but if I were going to go the premeasured food route, I'd rather lean towards getting something fresh and delicious as opposed to frozen, canned or freeze-dried, which can get old REALLY quickly.

Come to think of it - I just remembered a book I read about 13 years ago (recommended by my Jazzercise instructor) titled "Food Cop" by Yolanda Bergman - she ran (or maybe she STILL runs) the same type of service in LA - first she'd go to the client's house and clean out their pantry and fridge of all 'red light' foods, then replace the junk with healthy stuff, along with the daily delivery of meal. I haven't read the book in YEARS though.
MrsJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 02:58 PM   #7  

Mrs. Jim - Thanks for the info...will read next. Seattle Suttons is all fresh prepared foods.......you pick it up twice a week, not frozen.