General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 05-31-2004, 07:28 PM   #46  

Default New

Hi everyone. I'm new and your group sums up what I'm doing, my own thing. I've tried WW and even tried the induction phase of Atkins and hated it! I gained 15lbs in 10yrs then last year I gained 14lbs in that one year. I was really sick when I saw the dr's scale. I'm 5'3 and weighed 144. It's not the most I've ever weighed...in high school I weighed 170. I have yo-yo'ed all over the map. I felt my best at 115 and maintained that the longest so that is always my goal weight.....BUT I can't (couldn't) stick to a diet. After seeing the 144lbs it got me thinking about how miserable I was in H.S. I lost 6lbs then gained it back, twice. Enough I thought. I hate the daily grind of counting calories so I thought I'm going to cut out pop -Coke (my favorite) and quit eating at the convenience store for lunch (a job related evil). I didn't set a weight goal this time, only a date goal. That I would stick to these rules until the 3rd week in Sept (20 weeks). Guess what....it has been 5 weeks and I now weigh 132. Packing my lunch has been a pain but it is a habit now and I relied on tea as a substitute for pop originally but last week switched to water and am fine with that. I feel alone without my comfort foods. I'm a divorced mother with a 13 yr. old son in every sport, every season and for the next 6 weeks he will be at his dad's and it's me time. Would it be okay to join your group?
Liz
tinlizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 09:16 PM   #47  

Hello Everyone!

Tinlizzy.....good to meet you and welcome! Yes, we all pretty much do our own programs here....whatever happens to work of each of us! I think you have hit on a wonderful concept....small changes, one by one, that ultimately show great results! Thanks for the tip!

I spent the day in the gardens......putting in some more annuals, then dividing and transplanting certain plans from one garden to another. We got more rain today and more is predicted tomorrow......I am going to grow webbed feet!
Back to work tomorrow.....maybe I should check the laundry situation!
MsRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 08:46 AM   #48  

Welcome, Liz, glad to have you join us.

Faye, sorry to hear about your accident. It's frustrating to be laid up, but cut back on calories a little and stick with it! Keep us posted.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote