3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General Diet Plans and Questions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions-10/)
-   -   EstrinD (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions/38626-estrind.html)

jburress 03-29-2004 03:29 AM

EstrinD

Does anyone know anthing about this product? I just saw it on TV

Suzanne 3FC 03-29-2004 09:11 PM

Was this recommended for weight loss? I found a site that describes the contents of it, and it seems to be something to help with the symptoms of menopause. It contains a variety of herbs, some of which have been shown to show some relief to menopause symptoms such as hot flashes, some of the herbs have been shown to have no effect, and some have been proven to be outright scams.

The product is produced by a company that was reported last year in Oprah's magazine as manipulating data to provide false statistics and mislead customers. I'd avoid it. If you are looking for something to help, I'd suggest something like Estroven. It contains black cohosh, soy isoflavens, and other herbs for menopause. It can be purchased in any drugstore or even Walmart, and costs just a fraction of the price of EstrinD.

bettyboop1972 05-03-2004 09:19 AM

Estrin-D

I would also like to know about Estrin-D. I'm looking for a weight loss product for women on hrt. I gained 30Lbs in less than a month just before I started hrt and have't been able to take it off. I wrote the Estrin-D site and they told me that they can't send it to Canada because it contains DHEA. Does anyone know of anything else? (and sorry but I don't follow the according to Oprha gospel)

MrsJim 05-03-2004 09:44 AM

I just went to that website, and I gotta tell ya that just the fact that the manufacturers/marketers of Estrin-D also market the diet scam pill Leptoprin would be enough for me to keep my Visa card in my wallet. :lol:

It amazes me how all the diet pill folks are trumpeting that their product "CONTAINS ABSOLUTELY NO EPHEDRA!!!" as if they were omitting it out of the goodness of their hearts and not because the FDA has banned the substance. Oi.

I'm not menopausal yet, but you might consider going to an endocrinologist - a close acquaintance of mine at work has been seeing one and has lost a great deal of the weight she gained during and after menopause. I believe he put her on some prescriptions (not sure which ones) and she's on a low-carb diet.

gma22 05-03-2004 11:02 AM

I know nothing about this, but if you are looking for peri or menopausal natural drug to relieve symptoms, I would highly suggest you go to the health food store and purchase progesterone cream. Emerita is one brand that is very good and all you do is put a small amount on for 21 days and then off 7. Since I am one of those women that feels HRT is dangerous and refuses to even consider taking it, I had to find something helpful. I bought one oral medication that tasted like eating tobacco leaves and I burped the taste constantly, then my sister recommended the cream. It is not a cure all for the symptoms, but it has helped me immensely.

Faye