General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2004, 09:03 AM   #1  

Question Perfect portions diet plate

Hi,
I'm fairly new at posting. Is anyone following the perfect portions diet plate? I had gotten one a while ago but just didn't use it. However, I got it out and I'm trying it . It is sectioned off so that almost every meal I will have fruit and vegetables(non-starch) plus 3-4 oz of protein and about 2 servings of carbs (like 1/2 cup of corn plus 1/2 rice, etc.) I also am supposed to have a cup of skim/lowfat milk at breakfast and 1/2 cup of milk product during lunch/dinner (could be milk, pudding, ff icecream or frozen yogurt). It also has plate sections for combination food like pizza, chinese, italian, etc. For those meals I fill up both the protein and starch sections plus vegetable and a fruit. If I'd like a dinner roll or something else starchy I would only fill up one side of the starches and all the protein with the spaghetti and the roll would fit in the other starch section.
The times when I don't have time to have a good meal, I am going to keep Slimfast on hand for the occasional run-out-the-door meal. Right now, it seems like a good plan because I can cook and eat normal foods. I just cook them as healthy and without excessive fats.
I'd love to hear if anyone has used it or is using it. Has it helped?
Old 01-21-2004, 06:56 PM   #2  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

Hi Jumper,

I have the one from AVON...it's just like the "PERFECT PORTION" plate, but a lot cheaper. I don't use it very often, but I probably should! I also have "THE DIET PLATE" from England...it's stoneware though...also use their bowl for cereal and such.
BOB
Old 01-22-2004, 08:12 AM   #3  

Thanks, Bob for your reply. I am not finding it easy eating fruits and vegetables. This is why I am going to give the plate a try. I have never heard of avon's plate, but I have seen the one from England.
I thought perhaps I would find others out there using it who are using it successfully.
Thanks again for your reply.
Jumper
Closed Thread