General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2004, 03:58 PM   #76  
DNW

Jello....No-o-o-o, you don't ever have to overeat again...you are stronger than any food and nothing tastes as good as feeling great about yourself and feeling healthy...I will say a prayer for you. Besides one slip does not make a landslide...try OA meetings they help, and they are practically free.

Yes I too dug with the electric shovel and the metal shovel and my hands and my feet. After 5 hours my niece and I were done...stick a fork in us!! Now I am at work. Oh God please, please, can't we have Spring a few months early this year.

Love to all!
Old 01-28-2004, 05:34 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 265/245/150 SW/CW/GW

Height: 5" 6"

HI TO ALL!

Just wanted to jump in and give you all a quick "hello". I'm back up to my all time high (weight wise) even though I started back on WW at the beginning of the year. I'm still smoke free and that's whats really important to me now considering that I've just been diagnosed with high blood pressure. Doing some research now on something call the "DASH" diet.

Anyways I hope you're all doing well, Carol Ann I noticed you're posting again.........big hugs

I LOVE all the new smilies!

Hope to get caught up with you all soon.

LJ
Old 01-28-2004, 08:13 PM   #78  

Whew! I rushed in after reading Jello's call for help.....only to find she was already in recovery! WTG girl.....Mom used to call it pulling yourself up by your own bootstraps...just proves that we all have it in ourselves to change and improve our lives. The Skinny Daily Post today was all about this very thing. This deranged munching condition usually hits me when I haven't been eating properly to begin with.....the body/brain keeps telling me I need food, yet fails to differentiate between carrot sticks or chocolate chip cookies. I try to drown my confusion with water, like Quilter....and that sometimes helps.

I have nearly cut all the caffeine out of my diet. I am down to 1-2 cups of tea per day...and the rest water, sometimes juice. Really don't know how I did it.....just kept cutting back and never made a big deal out of it.......and, if I really need it, an occasional diet coke seems to curb the cravings.

DNW.....I have the same problem staying motivated to exercise. Exercise not only helps me physically, but relieves stress as well. When the weather is nice, I take the dog out for a run nearly every day.....but since I am now up to my forward flange in snow, exercising indoors is my only option.

GMA2ONE should be my inspiration......working out with weights yet! I am impressed! Now that is one determined lady!

Well, laundry calleth.......later you guys
Old 01-29-2004, 08:21 AM   #79  

Jello, we knew you could do it! Put them bad snacks behind you, that is!

Huntress, welcome back. Congrats on having quit smoking. I quit several years ago so I know where you are coming from. The weight is better than the smoking is what my doctor said, but then he said to get the weight off. There are 2 levels of the DASH diet. I have high blood pressure sporadically and we don't know why so I have put the DASH into South Beach - sounds like a new exercise program doesn't it! It's amazing how much sodium is in prepared and canned foods, lunch meat, etc. You are better off cooking from scratch with plain fresh or frozen vegetables.
Old 01-29-2004, 12:01 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 265/245/150 SW/CW/GW

Height: 5" 6"

Thanks for the info Susan. I got a call from my Doctor yesterday after I wrote that post, he was calling to let me know he'd gotten my test results back and my thyroid is not functioning. No telling how long this has been going on since to the best of my knowledge it's never been checked. It helped my feelings a lot to know that I was doing right it was just circumstances beyond my control causing the gain.

Back to his office this afternoon for more tests, then it's off to the dentist so I'll see you all again tommorow.

LJ
Old 01-29-2004, 02:38 PM   #81  

Huntress - Huge news. Those pounds are going to be flying off you when they give you the thyroid stuff! I can almost FEEL your relief. Nice to "see" you here.

I'll try to stop back later - it's busy season and work is steady so I can't take too long a breather. In the meantime just wanted to say "hey!" to everyone.

~~~~~~~~~
Old 01-29-2004, 02:40 PM   #82  

Huntress, there's great thyroid info at www.thyroid.about.com - I'm on 300mcg of levoxyl and finally doing better. Takes awhile to get the dosage right and they have to increase it slowly because too much is also bad. Unfortunately, the weight doesn't fall off once it gets going. Also exercise is a must and what you eat can also make a difference.
Old 01-30-2004, 08:38 AM   #83  
Long Lost Chickie

TGIF! Friday Funday! So glad this one is almost over. However, today is the deadline for all the managers to have their employees reviewed. Haven't had mine yet. I'm going to demand more than the usual 2 minutes at 5:00.

DNW, I've often thought about OA meetings. Hm....

Huntress, must be a relief to know the cause of the weight loss problems.

MsRD, thanks anyway. It's the thought that counts. And I'm sure I'm going to slip up again every now and then. Um, what's the Skinny Daily Post??

Quarterly luncheon today. Pizza and cookies. Who's lousy idea was that!?!? But I've had a light breakfast and will have ONE slice with veggies, eat sllloooowwly and walk away. Then we all get to sit and listen to the company prez. tell us how bad we're doing. Looks like another wage freeze coming. Yeah, yeah. I keep telling myself that at least I have a job, etc. And once I straighten out that boss of mine.....

Gotta run. Stuff to do. They're working on our heating unit today (yes, it is a whopping 18 degrees outside) so it could get interesting. Good reason to spend the day jogging around the building or something.

Lookin' at the bright side....
Old 01-30-2004, 10:06 AM   #84  

Friday?! I'm so confused. Three snow days and one two hour delay. Today is the first regular day of school the kids have had all week. I was scared they might close due to the cold...but lucky for me they didn't. We are suppose to get another load of snow Monday. Joy.

Does anyone have any big Super Bowl plans? On the morning show this morning they made Reuben Pizza. I'm going to go fetch the ingredients this afternoon to make a small one. Something different for the game. I won't be much into watching the game, but hope to catch some of the commercials. After the game...Allstar Survivor.

Jello, not that it matters once ya get below 0 degrees anyway...but it's -1...with the windchill -25. If I didn't have family here, I'd blow this popsicle stand.

About the thyroid stuff- a friend of mine who had always been very thin gained some weight and was feeling tired all the time. Turned out to be her thyroid. She started taking meds, got skinny again and isn't tired all the time.

I'm off to make a grocery list.
Old 01-30-2004, 10:19 AM   #85  

Wahoo! It's Friday.

Well I don't have too much to say this morning, except that I'm sure glad the weekend is here. Just realizing fully today that FEBRUARY begins on Sunday. That's my difficult month, for some reason. So I'm thinking about what my strategy may be.

Should I go ahead and and run up my credit card to get out of town?

Should I stay at home all month but spice it up by taking every Friday off?

Will I breeze through it with no problems because my new tanning booth strategy?

Hmmm.

Jello - I'm sending the vibes to you! That is to say the "Jello successfully directs her own performance review process to her satisfaction and, if possible, profit" vibes. Go girl!

edited to add - OmiGOSH Tiger - All Star Survivor! That needs a Wahoo! all by itself. I'm embarrassed to say how excited I am. My favorite show. Mmmm.. Ethan....

Last edited by Cafe976; 01-30-2004 at 10:22 AM.
Old 01-30-2004, 10:46 AM   #86  

Talking

Hello. I am new to the board. I just joined curves the 27th of Janurary.Me and my 13 yr. old daughter. I was wondering if anyone else has used this and had success? I also could not find out how to post a new post. So I had to stick this somewhere. I am looking for help from anyone.

sw 210
G 140
Old 01-30-2004, 11:12 AM   #87  
Long Lost Chickie

Well, SweetMagnolia, if ya gotta stick it somewhere, here's a good place! Seriously, welcome. There are a lot of separate "groups" on this forum ... but we're the best! Please join our little group of "losers" and tell us about yourself. BTW, I've been going to Curves since last March/April and I LOVE it! Lost some inches and pounds here and there but mostly it just makes me feel goooooood.

Cafe, run up the credit card!!! That's my motto! .... uh, hold it... did she say tanning booth strategy???? Oooooh.....

BTW Cafe, were you able to say all that "...directs her own performance review..." in one breath!?!? Wow. I'm happy to report that ...

YES I DID!!!!!! Not that it'll make a whole lot of difference but the days of me just sittin' here 'n' takin' it are so over!

Tiger, Reuben Pizza!? Ooooh, ahhh! Let us know how it comes out! I'm spending the Super Bowl at the VFW cheering for those New England guys with some friends. Yes, beer and food will be plentiful. I've already bought bottles of water and am taking them with me. One bottle of water for each light beer that I drink. That's the rule. The food is going to be a bigger challenge.

The luncheon pizza is due to arrive any minute so I have to go. But I'll be having some tanning booth daydreams to carry me through the cold.

Ahhhhhhh......
Old 01-30-2004, 11:46 AM   #88  

Have a great weekend, ladies - and watch that food devil during the Super Bowl! Boss is finally getting caught up so I have tons to do today.
Old 01-30-2004, 10:53 PM   #89  

Tomorrow is weigh-in day around here.....cross your fingers!
I have done a little better in the exercise department this week, so maybe that will neutralize the eating 'sins' committed!

Jello - The Skinny daily Post is a weight loss support news letter....written by a woman who has BTDT. ( try www.skinnydaily.com) There is also a group in the 3FC forums that discusses the news letter, etc.....look for the Skinny Daily Post forum

Tig - SuperBowl Sunday! The kids will be down, but will probably leave around kickoff time cause they have little ones to get home and to bed on time. By that time, I will be in my easy chair with my feet up.....maybe a little popcorn on the side.

Welcome, SweetMagnolia.....I am a newbie here myself, but can tell you this group is the greatest! We look forward to your posts..

Gotta go for now.....have a great weekend all!
Closed Thread