3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General Diet Plans and Questions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions-10/)
-   -   Doing our own thing - October 2003 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions/32705-doing-our-own-thing-october-2003-a.html)

Jello 10-29-2003 04:11 PM

Cafe, normal??? What's that? :?:

Huntress, good to see you! Ya know, I've been thinking about WW too lately. It was the only thing that seemed to work for me. But it was expensive and I'm holding onto my money like Quilter's boss. :lol:

DNW, lots of huge hugs to you! :love: {{{Carol}}}

Uh oh, boss attack!!!

AAAAAUUUUUGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Jello 10-30-2003 09:53 AM

OK, here's the deal. Rich is going low-carb so Jello is going low-carb. There. That's it. 60 grams of carbs a day and that's it.

.... I'm scared!!! :fr: What the :censored: do I know about low-carb!?!?!? I started reading package labels. Do you know how many carbs there are in stuff!??! Even the low-fat, low-cal stuff I normally buy! Oh girls, this is going to take some work.

... and Jello don't like work ... :^:

Ah, but one must muddle through, right? One thing that I will NOT be is one of those people like Rich's brother who can talk of nothing else but carbs and sugars and my liver, etc. Yes, it's important but no it is not going to run my life. Well, not all of the time anyway.

Just FMI (for MY information) I took a blood test with Rich's meter. Mine's good. But let's face it. My weight is not good. My blood pressure isn't quite where it should be. Haven't done my cholesterol in a while but am thinking that might be higher than it should be. Watching what I eat and getting exercise can't be bad for me!

I'm very proud of Rich. He's handling this well - better than most people according to the doctor. Caught it early and has taken the attitude that well, if this is what he has to do, then this is what he will do. Has to go to the hospital for more tests tomorrow morning and we'll take it from there. But the dr. he already saw seems to think that with proper diet and exercise, he shouldn't have any problems. And so WE are getting back on track.

I'm rambling again. :rolleyes: Sorry. It's what I do. But you guys already know that.

Went to Curves yesterday and had my monthly weigh and measure session. Not good news girls. :( I'm up 4 lbs. since the last one. I'm up inches just about everywhere. So I've got another challenge. Loss of inches and dumping at least those 4 lbs. before my next weigh-in. ... which by my calculations shows it will be right after Thanksgiving. :o Ah well, guess I'll just have to behave myself at the family Thanksgiving gathering, eh?

I have to go now. I was going to say hello personally to each of you but my ranting and obsessing has once again controlled an entire post. :sorry:

But I'm feeling better...
Thanks!

Cafe976 10-30-2003 09:59 AM

Oh Jello, isn't that what we're here for? Working through the issues and getting ourselves together? No apologies, please.

Nice to see ya, Huntress!

Still trying to get unburied, but seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. ~Cafe

SEMO 10-30-2003 10:13 AM

Hi Girls, guess we lost our fella somewhere along the way.

I'm mailing out invoices but just wanted to give Jello this site to check:

Prevention.com

It has so much info on SouthBeach plan, I sort of use a combo of information from Atkins, SouthBeach and Sugar Busters. It will give you everything you need to get started. It's really not that hard and you don't have to do the beginning two weeks, that are really strick getting started, if you don't want to.

I'm a type O blood type and low carb is supposted to be good for O's and seems to be the only thing that works for me.

Gotta run.

QuilterInVA 10-30-2003 10:42 AM

Faye, I make minature, wall hanging and bed quilts. I have only sold 2 quilts - one was a wall hanging that went for $450 and the other was a full-size applique quilt I didn't really want to sell but the gallery that was displaying it required everything have a sale price. I put $8,000 on it and some fool bought it. I know I could make another, but it wouldn't be the same. I find it to be a very restful pastime. I have been asked by 2 galleries for quilts for them to display and do pattern testing for one of the quilt authors so have had my creations in her books. I also teach quilting.

There was a little news story on last night about cholesterol last night - there are big one and small ones. The big ones don't stick and make trouble. You can make the small ones big by eating protein. They said that real fast, guess they didn't want anyone to say Atkins might have been on to something afterall. Well its South Beach for me. Went to the doctor yesterday and everything is back to normal, except for the hypothyroidism and insulin resistence so I'm relieved about that. Those I can deal with.

Beautiful day today and a great weekend is predicted with temperatures in the 70s at Nags Head.

gma22 10-30-2003 11:14 AM

Jello: My bil's doctor, when he first went in weeks ago about his heart suggested Sugarbusters (he is diabetic) and of course, my bil blew it all off with the result being a heart attack just a few weeks later. I think a lot of them are about the same. MY dd wanted me to join her on the ZONE, but it had WAY too much info to learn etc so I am sticking right where I am. You listen, we all go through bad times where we just aren't eating right. It isn't as if each one of us here hasn't done stupid stuff, me being first in line. Just pick yourself up and start chugging away again. You will make progress!

SEMO: He must have gone to greener and younger pastures. Us old ladies talking about menstrual cycles, menopause and the like. I am surprized he lasted as long as he did!

I am getting ready to get out and walk. Looks like another nice day. I have been using my Beach Boys cd because it has 25 songs and I don't have to repeat, but I think it is about time to change again. Maybe some Neil Diamond!

Have a great day ladies!

Faye

Tigerlily 10-31-2003 10:45 AM

Happy Boo Day:dance:
It seems like from Halloween to New Year's is usually just one big blur of food. Goal...break the cycle!

Jello, I think it would be nice to have a diet partner. You may have your best success with Rich on the wagon with you. :yes:

I've been to the grocery store already today, now I'm heading outside to pull some flowers that have turned to mush. Then, before the kids get home I need to get some house cleaning done. Just not enough hours in the day.
This evening, I think we are going to a "haunted trail". The youngest seemed a little upset about not going door to door...but I think it was the fear of not getting candy. I took care of him...picked up the evil candy today.

:wave:

Jello 10-31-2003 01:00 PM

I had 2 small slices of veggie pizza at the pizza luncheon today. :jeno: :jeno: That's it. No cookies. No cinnamon sticks. One diet Pepsi and then lots of H2O!! :bravo:

Oooh, but the leftovers are callin'....

Rich and I walked about 2 miles last night. Boy are my legs sore and stiff today. But it's a good hurt. :^:

Faye, yeah, Neil Diamond. Love him. And I get on the treadmill with ... don't laugh girls ... Barry Manilow a lot. Hey, the guy can rock when he wants to.

I know I should go to Curves tonight but it's so beautiful outside that I really want to walk. I told Rich that if he wanted to hand out candy to trick-or-treaters, he had to buy it and hand it out and deal with it and I don't want to even see it. I know that he can hand it out without snacking but I also know that I CAN'T. So maybe we'll just leave the light off and go out and walk among the little ghoulies instead. :dancer:

Tiger, I'm with you girl! I want to break the holiday food frenzy myself! My WW leader used to point out that the "eating season" started with Halloween and didn't end until January 2. So now it's time to set another goal.

The holiday season challenge, anyone? Set goals like "I'll only eat a small portion of mom's Thanksgiving stuffing" or "I'm going to bring the veggie platter to the Christmas party" or "I'm going to start Thanksgiving day off with a brisk morning walk among the fallen leaves".

Hm... :chin: These are all sounding pretty darn good to me ... if I do say so myself! :cool:

Yeah, that's what I'm gonna do! Off to sharpen my #2 pencil... :write:

Cafe976 10-31-2003 01:20 PM

ooooh, the EaTiNg SeAsOn. You guys are scaring me today, LOL. Yes, I want to break this cycle, too. This is what I was telling myself I would do this year anyway, but put differently it sounds even more imperitive... I'm in.

Oops! October slipped by me in a blur. Too bad. No regrets. - It's just time to get with my winter program.

Speaking of which, I need new winter gear and I'm already dreading spending the money. Maybe I'll give in and use plastic (evil stuff.)

Gotta run, I think my office peeps are all leaving early which means everything has to be done asap. Rollin' my eyes but doing it w/ a smile, if that makes sense.

gma22 10-31-2003 01:51 PM

Jello: I can top the laugh of Barry M (whom I happen to like!), I am an ardent Tom Jones fan. Love his stuff! I like Barry's, "Copacabana."

Boy you aren't kidding this is food time of the year! I am being a good girl and having Subway for dinner tonight and NO CANDY! I dread Thanksgiving the most because I do most if not all of the cooking and the kids always look forward to me making cookies and fudge and stuff and SURPRISE, I am not going to this year and they will just have to SUCK IT UP! I know if I make fudge I am going to eat it. Same with Kieflies, toffee and all that other stuff. It is bad enough the pies I am making for Thanksgiving because we are having a big group this year. Have to keep my fingers out of the fillings and trust they will set up ok I guess! :lol: I do debone the whole turkey and put it back in the pan in it's juices so I remove all the skin so that isn't so bad. We will just have to wait and see how well we do I guess!

Everybody have a great day and hope you guys with kids have a great trick or treat!

Faye

gma22 11-03-2003 08:48 AM

I could use some prayers everybody. Jack had a heart attack at 2:30 am this morning. He is doing ok, but they put in 2 shunts and did angioplasty. He will be in ICU for at least 48 hours to make sure everything is ok. He had a 100% blockage. My dd thinks I am ok, but I am a MESS! I break down when ever I am alone.

Thanks!

Faye

SEMO 11-03-2003 09:21 AM

Faye (((((Hugs))))) I most certaintly will be praying for Jack and you. Please keep us posted.

Cafe976 11-03-2003 09:40 AM

Faye - my prayers are with you.

:grouphug:

Jello 11-03-2003 12:27 PM

{{{Faye}}}

You and Jack are in my prayers. Take care of yourself.

QuilterInVA 11-03-2003 02:01 PM

Faye, my prayers are with you. Keep us posted.