3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General Diet Plans and Questions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions-10/)
-   -   Doing our own thing - October 2003 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions/32705-doing-our-own-thing-october-2003-a.html)

brighterdays 10-05-2003 10:19 AM

Hey all,

Just popped in for a minute to report in..

Good to see posts from all...I think I'm caught up on my reading now.

The puppy and I spend alot of time together and she has more chew toys and chew bones than I have shoes! We are doing better on the house breaking but now she wants to run out in the yard and not come in if it's a sunny day. It's really difficult to catch her since she's so fast and thinks I want to play. Oh well, that must count for exercise, don't ya think?

Doing well on South Beach diet. I had lost 20# on WW and then plateaued so it's nice to be down another 6# now. Easier than I thought it would be.

Congrats to all on their exercise efforts! I'm still gearing up for mine.

Take care,

Bright

Jello 10-06-2003 08:11 AM

It's Monday. :no: But boss isn't in today. :yes:

So far, so good.....

Had a terrible weekend. :cry: Won't tell you what I ate but got up this morning about 5 lbs. heavier than I was on Friday. What happened to my vow of being good on the weekends? :mad: Come on Jello! This weight's not going to lose itself!!! :nono:

Good news is that I spent a good part of the weekend (when I wasn't stuffing my face :rolleyes: ) cleaning the house. Rich and I spent literally all day Sunday in the basement scrubbing, cleaning, rearranging, etc. etc. My back is killing me today but I feel like I've accomplished a lot. Got plenty of exercise I guess.

BTW, yes Brighter! Puppy chasing is an excellent form of exercise!! :D

Gotta get busy here.

Well, maybe one more cup of decaf first..... ;)

gma22 10-06-2003 09:36 AM

CUBS WIN CUBS WIN! NOW ON TO BEAT THE MARLINS AND INTO THE WORLD SERIES WE GO!!!!!

You should have seen me hopping all over the bed last night during the last half inning when the Braves were up to bat! I looked ridiculous but I didn't care!

Jello: Nothing like good ole housecleaning to make you feel satisfaction! I am getting down to that today. Downstairs at least. I have the electrical guy coming on Thursday to do all that electrical work that has to be done so I want it all done before then.

I have been terrible with everything since coming back from Chicago, but today is reborn day and I feel better and am going to really get tough now. Have to be able to get in that skinny dress for the wedding, right? :lol:

Everyone have a stupendous day.

Bright, smooch the puppy for us all!

Faye:)

Jello 10-06-2003 10:03 AM

Faye, can't believe I forgot to mention that!!! :D

When Sammy failed to hit the homer that would have won it for them in the previous game, I was crushed. Ah, but they've come back!

And I got that weird mystery stain to come out of my Cubs jersey.

Good news all around. :cb: :cb:

gma22 10-06-2003 11:20 AM

Jello: Your stain was just waiting for the proper time to disappear. I don't think the Marlins are gonna give us as much trouble as the Braves. They aren't as good a team and we beat them something like 4 out of 6 times when we played them. I heard that the Manager of the Braves personally fined that little pipsqueak that whacked Karro's arm on Saturday night and made him sit the Sunday game out. He is a top notch manager. I guess one of the other players early in his career didn't hustle for a ball batted to him and the manager took him out on the spot right in the middle of the game and told the media no one was going to embarrass the team like that! That's why they have made it the last 12 years or something like that so we should feel proud we beat them! Zambrano is pitching Tues, which makes me nervous, but I would rather it be at the beginning of the series than at a clinch time. I guess it will be Zambrano, Prior, Clement then Wood again. Hopefully we can take them in 3 at Wrigley!

Sorry ladies, just get caught up with the ball team. It is the only sport I really enjoy. Grew up watching Cubs ball at my grandfather's house who was wealthy and had one of those big antennas that would pull in WGN back in the days, ** SHOCK** before cable! :lol: We lived about 90 miles from Chicago.

I am on a roll this morning. Got in all my "healthy" meds, started exercising and water and OP so I am back on track, thank goodness!

Looks like we may get rain today so I am just doing the glider and cleaning house so better get back to it!

Faye

SEMO 10-06-2003 12:21 PM

Good Morning, been scrambling around trying to get a list going of the job responsibilities of the Whs Mgr that’s leaving in two weeks. It will probably be this winter before they actually hire a replacement so I’ll be picking up most of the slack on all the reports and inside duties like safety meetings, fuel reports, inventory reports, etc. But on the up side, I will have some input on the person that they hire for the position.

Leaving bright and early tomorrow heading for Memphis, looking forward to some training on one of our new programs. Well actually this is my first training class EVER with this company and I’ve been here for almost four years…………

Yea Cubs… (just for Faye and Jello) not much of a sports fan here. Well, I have tons to do, talk with you on Thursday.

Bye for now.

QuilterInVA 10-06-2003 03:42 PM

Hello, ladies. A beautiful day in Virginia - with plenty of clean up still to be done from the Hurricane. I've been having a lot of problems with GERD, my thyroid and asthma. Had a terrible weekend feeling really horrible this morning at 2 am. I didn't know if it was GERD or a heart attack. Decided I'd go straight to the doctor's office, without an appointment, this morning. Figured he'd give me a Nexus perscription and send me on my way - no such luck. For some reason my blood pressure and sugar had shot way up so now I'm in for a complete physical with all the tests. Doc said it was time to see exactly what is going on - maybe a bleeding ulcer in addition to the rest and he wants it all done in the next 2 weeks. Starting tomorrow with a bunch of fasting blood tests. Endoscopy and 5-hour glucose on Saturday morning.

gma22 10-06-2003 06:31 PM

Susan, we will keep you in our prayers that everything will come out alright!

Faye

Jello 10-07-2003 11:00 AM

Quilter, I'm sending you good vibes. :goodvibes: Hope everything works out OK.

Semo, since you're doing the work of several people, that means you get the salaries of several people, right?

..... yeah, I know what you're thinkin'.... :stars:

Well girls, with all the work over the weekend, I've hurt my back. Nothing really serious but enough to make me skip Curves yesterday. Know what? I really missed it! :o Who knew!? It's better today and I'm thinking maybe I'll try to get there tonight. Or maybe I'll just wait until tomorrow and get back on my regular schedule. But that means I have to get on the treadmill tonight even if it's only a slow, short walk. :drill:

Faye, it's a happy house where I live. My Cubbies and Rich's Red Sox (he's from Boston) are both winners. Would be interesting if they ended up playing each other in the World Series. :chin: Oh I see all sorts of bets lining up. :devil:

Well, gotta get back to work. Boss is in a good mood today! :?: Huh? What's up with that!? Later!

gma22 10-07-2003 01:39 PM

Jello: That is what Jack and I would love, the two teams that everyone counted out in the World Series! Course, Boston couldn't beat the CUBS! :lol: Hope your back gets to feeling better. Should do some light stretching instead to keep you limber.

I walked today and got lost in the neighborhood because the streets don't interconnect and I don't know them that well. I did a LOT of hill climbing though so got in a good workout!

I am back on pace and doing great again. I just have to keep focusing on that "little" dress for the wedding, right?

You ladies all have a great day!

Faye

DNW 10-07-2003 04:18 PM

Hi Everyone

I am still here taking one day at a time and just putting one foot in front of the other. I went back to work last week and I am really glad I did...keeping busy during the day keeps my eyeballs dry...and I have had company for the past several weekends so that has helped.

I love you all...talk to you soon.

:grouphug:

Jello 10-08-2003 07:55 AM

Hm.... thought I posted yesterday afternoon and can't find the post now.... :chin: What's up with that?

Of course, knowing me, I never finished it..... :^:

Carol, one day at a time, that's all you can do. Of course, you'll never forget all the great years you and Bob had together but it does get easier with time. And he'll always be with you in your heart. {{{Carol}}} Take care of YOU.

Well, Faye, after Sammy tied it up in the bottom of the ninth, I fell asleep. Imagine my reaction when I got up this morning and heard the news. :mad: Grumble. Well, tonight they get to go back and try again. It's a new day.

Hm, sounds like weight loss, eh?

Know what I did last night? Went shopping and bought some pants and jeans. I finally got tired of trying to squeeze into my "someday" pants, swallowed my pride and bought some in a larger size. And they look good on me! :smug: Hopefully, I won't be wearing them long enough to wear them out. Those smaller sizes are still in the closet ... just waiting for me.....

Didn't go to Curves yesterday but I'm going today. Back's feeling better and I'm going to take it slow and easy. That's the good thing about Curves. You can spend the same amount of time on each machine but just do fewer reps or work with less "umph!" if you know what I mean. And then a nice leisurely walk home. That's the best part. That little space of 15-20 minutes of "me" time. :)

Well I should be working so I'll go now. Hope you all have a good one!

gma22 10-08-2003 10:15 AM

DNW: Good to hear from you. Keeping busy is good and having friends visits helps too. Like Jello said, one foot in front of the other is the best you can do right now!

Jello: I screamed at them the whole game after the first inning. Jack kept saying Zambrano was gonna do great and I kept saying he wasn't. They had a chance to win 3 times and left runners on 3rd so they deserved to lose. Prior tonight so we ought to win. The guy pitching for the Marlins was supposed to be terrific and if that is the best they have, they are in trouble. I just hope when we get around to Clement, that he will pitch well because I think he restrained that groin injury of his the last time he pitched. We'll just have to wait and see. Nothing is a sure thing!

All you ladies have a great day. I have to get going with mine!

Faye

Cafe976 10-08-2003 02:52 PM

Hi everyone! I'm back from the Pacific - flew in Monday afternoon. It's great to see so many of you posting. A big hello to Huntress and Dyan, among others.

I'm back at work too - yesterday was big on catching up on things. Today I am almost there.

Vacation was excellent. I was not on the South Beach Diet, but at the same time I don't seem to have gained any weight. :?: Not sure how that works but I'll take it! :yes:

Still, I need to get back on track. I meant to right away yesterday and started out well, but I'm not quite in my groove yet as far as being organized. I really have to move quick and get up early to have the right food ready at the right time with my schedule, LOL. Hard to get up with a little jet lag.

Anyway, work is calling but I just wanted to check in.

Jello 10-08-2003 03:57 PM

Now this is interesting...

We've been having problems with our phone lines at home. Sunday, the phones just quit and after Mr. Fixit (uh, that'd be Rich) tinkered and played around, he finally called on Monday to have service come out. He stayed home Tuesday morning just long enough to realize that the phones were working again :rolleyes: and call to cancel the service call.

Phones were fine the rest of Tuesday and this morning. But, out of curiosity, I tried to call home this afternoon. Same problem's back apparently.

I got a little stressed. :headache:

I called Rich and told him. He gave me the typical male attitude of oh-well-I-guess-we'll-get-around-to-fixing-it-but-its-only-telemarketers-anyway-etc-etc-etc.

I got a lot stressed. :mad: :mad:

I reached for the nearest junk food.

:sorry:

Very interesting....