General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 10-10-2020, 10:14 AM   #1  

Default Eating mindfully

Mindful eating is a practice where people pay attention to how and where they eat food. This practice can enable people to enjoy the food they eat and maintain a healthy weight.
As most people lead busy lives, they often tend to eat quickly on the run, in the car, working at their desks, and watching TV. As a result, many people are barely aware of the food they are eating.
Techniques for mindful eating include:
Sitting down to eat, preferably at a table: Pay attention to the food and enjoy the experience.
Avoiding distractions while eating: Do not turn on the TV, or a laptop or phone.
Eating slowly: Take time to chew and savor the food. This technique helps with weight loss, as it gives a person’s brain enough time to recognize the signals that they are full, which can help to prevent over-eating.
Making considered food choices: Choose foods that are full of nourishing nutrients and those that will satisfy for hours rather than minutes.
sam rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 12:23 PM   #2  

Interesting topic!
Healthy_Body_Mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 05:50 PM   #3  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

How is it going for you with Mindful eating?
TamTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 07:19 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Hi Tam Tam. Good to see you again. I follow mindful eating. Mostly I do intermittent fasting, not eating after dinner until a late breakfast the next day. No food is off limits. I eat what I want but most is healthy food. If I wait until I'm hungry the food tastes better. My weight loss is very very slow but I'm glad I'm not gaining. When I was gaining I ate too much and felt stuffed all the time. Being hungry tells me I'm doing something right.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 01:41 PM   #5  
I am more than weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabehealthy View Post
Hi Tam Tam. Good to see you again. I follow mindful eating. Mostly I do intermittent fasting, not eating after dinner until a late breakfast the next day. No food is off limits. I eat what I want but most is healthy food. If I wait until I'm hungry the food tastes better. My weight loss is very very slow but I'm glad I'm not gaining. When I was gaining I ate too much and felt stuffed all the time. Being hungry tells me I'm doing something right.
The inermittent fasting is hard for me. By the time we get home from work it's after 6pm and I think the idea is not to eat after 6pm, by the time we get supper ready and sit down to eat, it's usually closer to 7pm and we get up at 4:15am to go walk, do morning prayers and then we have to drive an hour to get to work, we have retails stores, so once the shop opens eating a late breakfast is out of the question. So I am just trying to do IE the best I can. I just brought an new book called, "Intuitive Eating for Every Day", it has 365 daily practices & inspirations, so maybe if I read this EVERY day, it will help. Anyway have a blessed day.
Old 05-27-2021, 06:59 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Hi TamTam so good to see you here. I think of you often wondering how you are doing. I like Carol Sue try to do more of a IE/Intermittent Fasting as well although not doing super great at this time. Hope you have a blessed evening.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 11:35 AM   #7  
I am more than weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattygirl63 View Post
Hi TamTam so good to see you here. I think of you often wondering how you are doing. I like Carol Sue try to do more of a IE/Intermittent Fasting as well although not doing super great at this time. Hope you have a blessed evening.
So far I am doing better with waiting until I am hungry to eat, need to improve on stopping when approaching fullness. I am down 27 pounds so that is a plus. Have a blessed day.
Old 05-30-2021, 06:47 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Good for you, Tam Tam! Intermittent fasting isn't for everyone and I understand how your work schedule can interfere. Losing 27 lbs is great.. Weight lost slowly seems to stay off better. IE is very important to me as I have a tendency to eat for social reasons when I'm not hungry and sometimes I eat until I'm stuffed, which leads to weight gain. I'm learning to recognise hunger and fullness.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 03:14 PM   #9  

TamTam Congratulations! Not only on the 27 lb loss but for being able to wait until you are hungry to eat. I got into eating according to diet plans which I like having a guideline on healthy foods, but then I have the problem of not recognizing when I am satisfied. I seem to have lost that ability. So you are actually doing very well especially with working like you do.

How did your business weather that pandemic? I hope it wasn't hit to bad. Have a blessed weekend.
Old 06-20-2021, 10:41 AM   #10  
I am more than weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattygirl63 View Post
TamTam Congratulations! Not only on the 27 lb loss but for being able to wait until you are hungry to eat. I got into eating according to diet plans which I like having a guideline on healthy foods, but then I have the problem of not recognizing when I am satisfied. I seem to have lost that ability. So you are actually doing very well especially with working like you do.

How did your business weather that pandemic? I hope it wasn't hit to bad. Have a blessed weekend.
Good Morning! We were hit hard by the pandemic as it affected our spring sales like First Communion and Confirmation. We were shut down for about 2 months and I caught a very mild case of covid and that shut us down for over a week. We re-opened last Mother's Day and since then our sales have been good. Thank you for asking. God is good and will look out for us. Have a blessed day too!!
Old 06-20-2021, 01:51 PM   #11  

Tam-Tam I thought of you and of course prayed for you during the pandemic since it hit a lot of business. My nephew who has his own business was shut down completely because he works sound systems etc for plays and conferences etc and of course with the distancing that was impossible to do. I think he is slowly getting his business going again, but still limited. I'm glad yours is taking off again. Do you do mailings as well?

I do like eating low carb and will continue doing that most of the time, but I want to go back to doing it Intuitively/Mindfully like I did about 18 years ago before I ever heard of anything like IE. Getting back to the WOE today. Funny how at my age that I am learning to do a lot of things when I was younger when they had no names for them. I always say I learned how to gain weight when we were told "Oh you need to eat more and at least eat 3 meals a day". Something I never did until I was in my 20s. I didn't starve myself. I just didn't eat unless I was hungry. I could sit in a restaurant or with friends and just visit with a cold drink and eat nothing just because "I was not hungry". Never thought about how much I weighed as it wasn't a problem until I started following what they called "normal" eating. I hope I can retrain myself to eat only when I am hungry, eat what I want, enjoy and savor it and stop just because I'm satisfied but not full as I have never liked feeling stuffed.
Old 06-23-2021, 12:05 AM   #12  

I am reading a new book along the lines of Intuitive/Mindful eating and even eat however you want to eat whether like eating carbs or not etc but not have to count any calories, carbs or anything else. You just eat the way you like or want to eat. The name of the book is Naturally Thin by Bethenny Frankel. She says stop dieting and just eat what you like. She has 10 Rules which is much like the 12 Rules in the IE book but are the rules that worked for her. Just another good book to read concerning this woe.