General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2003, 10:58 PM   #1  

Default anyone ever tried diet divas???

Hi

Today is my first day to ever see this website. I was off today and I have spent half the day just reading. It is great, everyone on is great for sharing.

I like everyone have tried everything for nutri system, dr weight loss, diet pills, optifast liquid diet, ww 4 times, atkins, etc.etc.

I know am cutting back, using portion control. I believe it is the way, and I have to exercise. I would rather do anything in life except exercise. I am trying to figure out something I will like.

Anyway my question was about diet divas, I have looked at their website, thought it was alittle expensive and wondered if anyone knew anything about it.

Please let me know if you do.,
Old 09-11-2003, 10:15 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Diet divas is a waste of money...all you do is pay your money, and they give you a little diet plan-it is nothng you can't figure out for yourself!
As far as succeeding in weight loss permanently-you have to find what works for you-what you can stick with for the rest of your life. This is why a lot of people lose a ton of weight on plans like Optifast and then gain it back-you will lose weight, but can you do that plan (or afford it?) for the rest of your life? I personally think there are so many eating plans out there because everyone is different-Atkins works great for a lot of people-but I cannot give up my pasta and fruit and the occasional sweet-so it is something I could never stick with. I find that reducing my calorie intake by reducing portions and cooking in healthier methods works best for me, along with exercise.
As far as exercise-you have to find what you like...and if you keep trying, you will. I hated every second of gym class through school...and loathe most organized team sports like softball, volleyball...and things like running. (I will only run if I am being chased!) I always thought I was just unathletic. When I was in high school I began to take modern/jazz dance lessons-and I found what I loved. My mother said she was so surprised when she sat in on a lesson one day...she didn't know it was in me!
Since then, I have found that I also enjoy strength training, yoga, Pilates, and swimming as well...but my favorite is still dance. I have been taking professional belly dance lessons for a while now-and have gotten to do some pretty wonderful things with it, perform, learn from awesome teachers, wear great costumes and use cool props, and have a blast...all while getting my exercise. It doesn't have to be the usual aerobics class...get a beginner's yoga video and see how you like that-they are really relaxing-getting into the poses requires concentration, and you totally clear out all of the daily stress out of your head and feel great afterwards...or you could join a square dancing or clogging group (my father in law runs a local clogging group) or take line dancing lessons, belly dancing, or a water aerobics class at the local YMCA...there are even some classes at some alternative dance schools that have "Mommy and me" dance or exercise classes if you have a child. Heck-I have even seen a strip-tease exercise video!
Exercise can be great fun if you find something enjoyable that you like to do...please feel free to pm me if you would like, or post back here...I am sure that we can find something you enjoy!!!
Aphil
Old 09-11-2003, 06:25 PM   #3  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

I let myself get sucked into joining that group, and was I ever sorry when I got my materials....The eating plan they send out is supposed to be individualized ......PEESHAW!!!! You can get the same one in a GOOD HOUSEKEEPING!!!! DON'T WASTE YOUR $$$

BOB
Old 09-11-2003, 10:36 PM   #4  

Thank you both so much for the reply. I have been very hesitant and that just helped me decide to keep doing my own.
Closed Thread