General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 07-03-2018, 10:52 AM   #1  

Default Skinny fat

Hey, I'm currently skinny fat, currently lean-bulking.
I'm 16, weigh only 62kg with 180cm.
Normally, my diet is -
-when I workout or if I'm active during the day, I eat up to 2000kcal
-when I'm inactive during the day, I eat around 1650kcal
And I always have it as: 50% Carbs, 23% fat and 27% protein, and I try to eat max 45g of sugars and also try to eat at least 20g of fiber
I go to the gym 3x/week and do HIIT 2x/week
Questions:
Will this work long-term until I'll be enough to cut ?
Which nutrients other than macros and kcal do i need to track ?
Am I allowed to have a little cheat meal when it still fits perfectly into my macros and calories?
And overall, is this a good diet/program?
Thanks
Yung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 04:30 PM   #2  

Eat AT LEAST 2.2g of protein per kg of bodyweight - that's be around 140g/day for yourself. I'd also aim to have a minimum of 5 vegetable servings a day. Apart from that, sustainability has as much to do with how well you'll adhere to this plan as the plan itself!

If you're worried about specific nutrients, get your physician to do a blood panel to see what, if anything, you may be deficient in.

Being a 'good' diet/plan is a totally subjective question - no one here can really answer that for you. It has so much to do with your personal goal, hormones, training goals, physiological limitations, pre-existing conditions, etc. But, IMO, generally if you eat enough protein and vegetables, and don't eat too many calories, you're probably good to go.
Defining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 01:59 AM   #3  
mjf

Quote:
and I try to eat max 45g of sugars and also try to eat at least 20g of fiber
When you say 45g sugar, do you mean total sugar, or added sugar? The sugar in fruit won't hurt you. If you mean added sugar, anything over 25g is a significant health risk, but I'd say less than 10g is good, and 0g is ideal.

Quote:
Which nutrients other than macros and kcal do i need to track ?
There are a lot of important micronutrients, but it's hard to keep track of all of them. If you eat a balanced diet each day, and eat a lot of vegetables (preferably a variety of different types), you'll probably get enough nutrients. As Defining suggested, you may want to get a blood test to see if you have a deficiency.

Eating healthy isn't just about macros. There are healthy carbs and unhealthy carbs. There are healthy fats and unhealthy fats. For example:
Healthy carbs: Vegetables, fruits, beans, whole grains
Unhealthy carbs: Sweets, white bread
Healthy fats: Avocado, nuts, seeds, fish, olive oil
Unhealthy fats: Deep fried foods, and some types of oils.

Quote:
I go to the gym 3x/week and do HIIT 2x/week
What types of exercises do you do at the gym? Do you do weightlifting?
mjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 08:04 AM   #4  

Can you explain your goals a little more-I'm not sure what you mean by lean-bulking or being 'enough to cut'? Are you wanting to look differently? At your age, height & weight, it sounds like you are not eating enough. If you restrict food, you run the risk of developing an eating disorder or of setting yourself up for lifelong yoyo dieting. I would bet that many if not most of the folks on this forum, self included, began our weight problems by dieting in our teen years.

Last edited by Sundove; 07-21-2018 at 08:05 AM.
Sundove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 04:34 AM   #5  
mjf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundove View Post
Can you explain your goals a little more-I'm not sure what you mean by lean-bulking or being 'enough to cut'?
Lean-bulking means gaining muscle without gaining fat. To lean-bulk, basically you need to eat a lot, but only healthy foods, while also weightlifting a few times a week. I guess by cut he means lose fat. If he wants to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time, I guess he could eat at maintenance, which is probably about 2300 calories per day.

The alternative to lean-bulking is dirty-bulking, where you eat a lot, but you're not very careful about what you eat, so you gain both muscle and fat. Some people dirty-bulk because they just want to gain weight as fast as possible, and then they try to lose the fat later.
mjf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 08:47 AM   #6  

Thanks mjf. I thought 3FC had an age minimum. I could be mistaken--thought it had to do with risk of eating disorders with teens and dieting.
Sundove is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
skinny