General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 11-15-2017, 04:41 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 215

Height: 5'6"

Post What plan should l be on...

HELLO...I JUST REGISTERED TO THIS FORUM AND I AM IN NEED OF SOME SERIOUS HELP! I NEED TO LOSE ABOUT 75LBS AND I NEED TO KNOW WHAT PLAN SHOULD I BE ON. i PREFER T STAY UNDER 1K CALORIES PER DAY. CAN SOMEONE HELP ME WITH THE CORRECT PLAN FOR ME?
MSBROWNFLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 04:49 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

I think you need to do some research but I am on a plan that winds up between 1000-1200 calories and I am going to tell you that, at that level, it takes a lot of careful planning on logging to make sure you get adequate nutrition. I have lost 45 lbs since the end of July though. I would think UNDER 1,000 should only be done with medical supervision. I would maybe check out the Medifast section of the forum.
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 09:33 PM   #3  

I strongly recommend looking into a ketogenic eating plan. I have been doing that for two weeks tomorrow. At my weigh in last week I was down 4.5 lbs and I will weigh again tomorrow. Not only am I losing weight, but I feel amazing. I even made it through Thanksgiving without submitting to my cravings. Didn't put one morsel in my mouth that would throw me off track.

I have been listening to the book Keto Clarity on Audible. It is a great resource.
aliescha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 06:45 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 206/200/130

Height: 5'2"

Hi there! This probably isn't going to be what you want to hear, but significant weight loss is going to take time. It's generally not recommended to eat much less than 1200-1300 calories a day without some kind of medical supervision. If you would like to eat that few calories, I would recommend seeing a dietician or your primary care physician to make sure you are getting enough nutrients and that you're not starving your body. I also need to lose about 75lbs and am just starting out. I personally am doing weight watchers. I know several people, including friends and family members, who have had a lot of success on their program. In general, just moderately restricting calories and increasing protein consumption should help you start to lose weight.
abbilutz91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 08:05 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSBROWNFLL View Post
HELLO...I JUST REGISTERED TO THIS FORUM AND I AM IN NEED OF SOME SERIOUS HELP! I NEED TO LOSE ABOUT 75LBS AND I NEED TO KNOW WHAT PLAN SHOULD I BE ON. i PREFER T STAY UNDER 1K CALORIES PER DAY. CAN SOMEONE HELP ME WITH THE CORRECT PLAN FOR ME?
Hello,

Great to meet you electronically!

Personally, I am a believer of gradual shfit towards a cleaner and healthier diet.

Why?

Diet plans are great. They guide you on which food should you take in and in which amount.

However, you will require more time to adjust to this new diet plan from the one you are used to. Therefore, an abrupt switch might lead you to revert to your former diet in a few weeks.

I just have a few suggestions: increase your intake of vegetables and fruits, drink more water, and try drinking green tea.

They work for me, without sticking strictly to a certain diet plan.

Hope this helps you.

Cheers,
Ming Chien
kohmc88 is offline   Reply With Quote