General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 07-29-2017, 04:51 PM   #1  

Default I gained back 40 pounds

Hey everyone i'm new! I have struggled with my weight growing up. I have lost a ton of weight and gained it back so many times. I have pcos and its weird because i can lose weight super fast but then gain it back super fast. I know how to eat healthy and work out. I will probably lose 40 pounds in a few months just by changing my diet and adding in exercise. As soon as I get off track, I gain 30 pounds in a month! It's super hard for me. I will do great and then when I think i can eat sweets and carbs again, I go crazy and the weight starts going up again. I was 240 at my heaviest. Got down to 165. Months later i'm at 211! I'm in shock. I have been eating so bad I didn't even realize it! Sweets are my weakness. I will crave sweets and it won't go away unless I eat something sweet. I get to the point where I will binge on sweets and throw up because of how sick i feel. I am so tired of losing weight and feeling good then slipping up! It happens so quick. It's like Ill tell myself i can eat bad for one meal then it gets to the point where im doing it everyday. I really need some support right now because it's scary that i gained 45 pounds back so quickly with out even realizing it!

Last edited by Betteringmyself; 07-29-2017 at 04:57 PM.
Betteringmyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 06:56 PM   #2  

Understand completely....I've been doing this my whole life.
My heaviest was in the 240's I was 200 in Jan....eight months later....229.
I'm like oh **** no
Fatvegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 08:39 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Voice of the "granny" eventually you will get to a point where you can lose 15 lbs easy then starve yourself for 3 months and lose no more. It would be good up with sensible and lifetime eating plan now.

I just started Bright Line Eating which has really killed the cravings for me though there are many ways to skin a cat. It kills anything with flour and no sugar but honestly I am not missing it and fruit tastes really sweet to me now! Seriously. My husband and I could put away a half gallon of ice cream plus syrup and after only 2 weeks, a non fat greet yogurt + wild blueberries is amazing. I really don't think I am going to miss this.

I honestly wish I had gotten this in control in my 20s and 30s. Now I am in my 60s and postmenopausal and weight loss is much harder. PCOS adds difficulty as well and a good reason to get things under control (my daughter has that)
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 09:42 PM   #4  
Blessed Person Here

S/C/G: Going/Still going/Gone

Height: 5' 1''

Story of my life as well. In the end the common mistake would be that we use measures that are too drastic and unsustainable. This time around, I've made the decision to use means that i know i can sustain day in day out. It significantly slows down the loss , but at least you will be singing a new song at the end.
In your case, I'd suggest allowing yourself some amount of sweets. You know that craving is always going to be there always, so Just find a way to make it fit in your lifestyle without it being an excess (exercise you like or modifying your other meals).

Last edited by thirti4thirty; 08-03-2017 at 09:44 PM.
thirti4thirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 12:05 AM   #5  

People with PCOS have great weight loss fluctuations, however losing weight is good for PCOS. For anyone with or without PCOS, sugar and sugar-added drinks does increase body weight. You just need to be have more determination and consistency to achieve your dream body and maintain it. You may join a weight loss program so that you get a community for support and like minded people.
jab123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 04:08 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 165/118.4/123

Height: 5.4

�� Hugs! It happens I gained about 30. Be kind to yourself and know that it won't come off overnight.
habakuktwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 04:59 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 215/190/130

Height: 5'7''

I gained 40 pounds back too. It is just so frustrating and depressing for me. I lost between 50-100 pounds twice. But when I lose it it is because I am so utterly strict with myself. I don't think I want to live like that. But I also don't want to be fat anymore either. Ugh. I am so tired of these thoughts consuming my life. On the upside, if we did it we can do it again. Only this time sustainably. Good luck to you!
KantuKat is offline   Reply With Quote