General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 06-11-2017, 10:24 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 156/ticker/133

Height: 5"1'

Default Confession

I've been trying hard to maintain a low carb diet for the last 3 weeks which was also going really well and I was starting to feel some difference (lost 2 lbs). But this past week I've ended up eating out 5 times ( thai, indian, mexican and ethiopian) (I've worked out 4 times this week though - but I know thats no excuse)
I've tried to avoid rice while eating indian food only vegetables. Mexican had brown rice. But with thai, I ended up getting rice noodles. Ethiopian I thought was okay (injera is supposed to be healthy!)
Feeling super guilty. Anyone going through something similar?
iScreamSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 03:00 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Actually, I'm so jealous that you got to eat thai, indian, mexican and ethiopian. I love trying food from other countries, but DH only eats strictly American, so I am limited to that, plus we don't have any of those restaurants in our area. I would really like to get some healthy recipes from those cuisines and try making it myself. Knowing what you're putting into the food really helps. I think there should be some healthy choices no matter what restaurant you are visiting, as long as you practice portion control.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 03:39 PM   #3  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

I'm all kinds of curious about Ethiopian cuisine, now! Haha

Just move forward from here, you can't undo the past. But remember that it really doesn't matter that you worked out 4x. You can't burn nearly as many calories in a round of exercise and you can consume in a restaurant meal. I don't even count my exercise for calorie burn because it's too easy to misjudge.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 04:28 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Height: 5'7"

I agree with what was said above.
I am not doing the guilt trip about food anymore. If it is a special occasion or a unique food opportunity, I enjoy myself and try to eat within reason. Then put it behind me as a fond memory and make sure I behave the rest of the time. I just make sure that it really is a special occasion or true opportunity.
Life it is not diet and forget it. Life is about finding a healthy balance/relationship with food while losing and in maintenance.
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote