General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 01-29-2017, 12:42 AM   #1  

Default Change lifestyle- looking for a book on how to do this

Hi everyone!
I'm trying to change my eating habits. I definitely turn to food to deal with my problems, and it's time for that to end. I'm hoping someone can recommend a book that can help me. I'm looking for a book that will help me change my ways, teach me about nurtrition, and how to cook healthy, since I have no idea how to do this.
Thanks!
ekitkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 12:12 PM   #2  

To change your lifestyle: Power of Habit (Charles Duhigg)
Basics of Nutrition & Health: The Body Book (Cameron Diaz)
How to Cook: I'm Just Here For The Food (Alton Brown)
Great Workouts: Strong Curves (Bret Contreras)

Have fun, Welcome to 3FC!
Defining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 11:24 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 291/240.6/147

Height: 5'7"

I am no Dr. Phil fan (is he even still writing books or anything) but years ago he had a diet book that was really good - especially the parts about replacing habits and making lifestyle changes. I think it was something like Ultimate Diet Solution?

There was A LOT of information, but things like stop wearing stretchy clothes, if you can't by pass that one fast food place on the way home, put your wallet on the backseat and drive a different way! Really practical, day to day, find your weak spot stuff.

I lost a lot of weight just by changing those kinds of things. I could always find an eating plan that worked fine, but my life was making me super fat. Then we moved and I had a baby and...I should probably read that book again.

Like I said, I was never a fan of Dr. Phil but this book resonated with me and my more practical side.

You don't need the book, the basics are online:

http://www.drphil.com/advice/the-7-k...-loss-freedom/

Last edited by TheSecondHalf; 02-04-2017 at 11:25 AM.
TheSecondHalf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
book, diet plan, eating habits, lifestyle change