General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 12-05-2016, 05:20 AM   #1  
300+ Chick

Smile Fasting Support Thread 2016/2017 Part3

This thread for those into Fasting methods, all types welcome ...share ups and down, tips,scale issues.etc...

I started a new one, since the old thread is reaching 500 posts...

I started my own fasting Saturday....getting adjusted to this method..My goal is to eat one meal daily.....

Saturday....3 meals...
Sunday.. 2 meals...up 2 Lbs...
Monday... up 2 Lbs...

I will fast more hours today and do my best to eat one meal...
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 08:38 AM   #2  
300+ Chick

Had breakfast... I am done eating for today...will fast till morning...I think I will do it this way.
Old 12-05-2016, 09:01 AM   #3  

You go girl.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 10:22 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Liliann Thanks for starting the new thread. You have your plan and you go for it. There are so many different ways to do IF. I have done it with the 10 hrs and spread my eating between 5 hrs within the 10 hrs. I found that my BG readings went down very well if I waited 5 hrs before eating another meal. I would eat breakfast and wait 5 hrs before eating lunch and wait 5 hrs to eat dinner. I did very well that way. I just may go back to that again. The key to all this is finding what works for you. Good luck on your one meal a day. Many people do very well eating that way.

Carolr Hi old friend. Good to see you. I've been thinking about you and was going to write you about the IF way of eating. I like to mix it with a modified form of IE. I say that because I'm sure there are those IErs who would say I don't do IE. I do my IE within and 8 to 10 hour eating window and some would disagree that is IE. So I don't really use that term much any more. LOL

We are all off to a good start so here's hoping for a great day.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 11:34 AM   #5  
300+ Chick

Thanks carol and trish!
Old 12-05-2016, 03:58 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 138/132/130

Height: 5'6"

If I fast I like to eat a good dinner, and start my fast after that. I dont eat after that. The next day I drink water, mabey with fresh lemon, and possibly some green tea. I eat breakfast the next morning. Makes a good 36 hour fast.
raven90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 09:29 PM   #7  

raven90 Hi. I think that is great that you can do a 36 hour fast. I don't think I could do a 36 hour (nor even a 24 hour) fast mainly because of the diabetes.

I eat breakfast between 10 and 12 depending on hunger and day. My sister and I meet our 93 year old Daddy for breakfast Monday, Wednesday and Friday to get him our and keep him active. DH and I have our main meal between 3 and 4 pm unless we eat our with family and then later at night I have a snack usually around 8 pm making me a 10 hour eating and a 14 hr fast. However, today I had an 8 hr eating window. I didn't plan it that way, I just didn't get hungry after. that will give me a 16 to 17 hour fast between now and when I eat tomorrow.

I started my 30 minutes exercise on the recumbent bike today and will be doing that for 6 days with Sunday off. A good day.
Old 12-06-2016, 08:12 AM   #8  
300+ Chick

Hi Raven...

Patty...You are doing great!! Keep it up!!

Monday.....I did great!! The one meal suits me and shall keep this up...I lost 4 Lbs!! and checked my sugar it also dropped down to 111 ,back in Nov it was 140. This fasting helps control sugar...
Old 12-06-2016, 10:56 PM   #9  

Liliann Great job. Congratulations on the 4 lb loss.

I tried to do a only an 8 hour eating window, but ended up with a 10 hr window. I think I better just stick with the 14/10 ratio for now.

The book I'm reading shares three ways of doing IF which he calls Tiers. Tier 1 is Intuitive Eating. Tier 2 is Simplified Macronutrient Counting which is estimating calorie intake and counting macronutrients protein, fat and carbs. Tier 3 is counting Calorie/Macronutrient Counting. I guess I'm doing Tier 3 because I'm counting Calories although I have gotten my Macronutrients as close to what he suggested for figuring them as I can using MFP. I hope to eventually be able to do Intuitive Eating but he recommends doing Tier 2 or 3 1st and then move to IE. I think that is a good idea so I'll stick with Tier 3 for now.

Good night.
Old 12-07-2016, 02:47 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 330/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

I am back. I have been gone for way too long. Long enough to gain all my weight back (plus some). IF worked for me when I didn't even know what I was doing. So back to the basics for me. I am going to be doing a 16/8 window, calorie count and moderate carb intake and working out on a regular basics. TaeBo here I come!! I have decided to be completely honest with myself and adjusted my signature to reflect the stark honest truth. I am starting tomorrow. It might not be perfect but 1:30pm-9:30pm M-F.
RoyalAthena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 05:14 AM   #11  
300+ Chick

Trish...Thanks! One thing that I like fasting, because its flexible. can tweek it according to our lifestyle. Keep it going!!

Ann... back! Good luck on your re-start!

Yesterday I slip up on eating 3 meals..No no...which am up on my weight..

I am back on track today...and for life! I used to fast years ago with slim fast shakes..and now doing my way,...whenever am lazy or in a bad mood, All I do is read my fasting book for motivation!! It helps...

Have a great day all..
Old 12-07-2016, 12:04 PM   #12  
300+ Chick

It feels so good on not being a slave with food!! I feel so much better, more me time on doing my exercise and loving how my tummy feels...totally awesome!! This is my lifestyle change method...and am not looking back!!
Old 12-07-2016, 09:30 PM   #13  

Ann back. Good luck on getting back OP. I am doing the 14/10 as well. I would love to be able to do less eating window, but it just isn't me. I was counting calories, but decided to just eat healthy using Intuitive Eating guidelines. I don't do well with rules of allowing a certain number of calories. I start at 10ish and don't eat anything after 8 pm.

Liliann Even though you ate 3 meals, I wouldn't consider it being off plan. As you said IF is flexible and a lot of people eat 3 meals or more some days and then eat less hours eating only 500 to 600 calories a couple of days a week. Maybe you just needed more yesterday and then again maybe you are easing into your one meal a day.

I have also learned that there are some foods that trigger me to eat. I'm trying to get away from them. I'm reading about what to eat in the IF book I'm reading right now by Stephen Reed and he says to eat less processed foods because they tend to cause us to be hungry for more. I read something else that has really caused me to rethink pork. I have to say that I really love pork chops, etc. But he says the reason you shouldn't eat a lot of it is that the fat in pork is Omega 6 which is the bad fat. I still like it, but I don't think I will eat much of it any more. DH doesn't care for it so I don't buy it much any way, but now I will be buying it even less. However, I did find a natural bacon that has none of the nitrites or nitrates in it. Pricey, but just DH and me eating it so I bought it. We only eat it once a week.

I've had a really good day today and really think eating IF along with IE is the way for me to go. My 30 minute exercising is coming along good too. I actually look forward to the exercise.
Old 12-08-2016, 08:41 AM   #14  
300+ Chick

Since my start this past weekend, am down 6 Lbs so far!! Going strong here and loving this!!

Have a great day all... ;wave:
Old 12-09-2016, 02:52 PM   #15  

Hi Everyone!!

Lilinn Congratulations on the 6 lb loss. You definitely have found what works for you. I am so happy for you.

I had a great day yesterday. I only had a 5 hour eating window because DH and I had to go for blood work since we go to the doctor next week for our 3 month check up. I am basically going to stay with the 14/10 IF, but decided that I just might do a 19/5 day every once in a while, but always using 8 pm as my cut off time to stop eating. I'm settled into my exercising of 30 minutes/3 miles on my recumbent bike. I've been exercising for 2 weeks now and I don't think I'm going to work at doing more at this time. I may eventually work up to 45 minutes, but not at this time.

I'm almost finished with the book Lean Fast Diet by Stephen Reed. He says in the book that he is going to have another book later about women and IF. I think when I finish this book that I will see if he has come out with it to see what he recommends for his women clients to do when doing IF.

[B ]Ann and Raven[/B] How are y'all doing?

Have a great weekend.