General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 10-26-2017, 01:24 PM   #166  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palestrina View Post
It's called Overcoming Binge Eating
Thank you! I haven't heard of that one.
Pinkhippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 10:00 PM   #167  

Glad to report no weight gain while visiting our dd.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 02:26 PM   #168  

Tried a low carb thing...............not working.
Old 11-17-2017, 02:12 AM   #169  

I know it's been a while since I posted, but I wanted to thank you for responding to my question. I belong to a couple of different IE groups (one is more of a body positivity group than IE) on facebook, trying to overcome the diet mentality. I watched the documentary "Embrace" on Netflix, and that has helped me a lot. Has anyone here watched it?
NFTM17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 08:47 PM   #170  

Haven't seen it but sounds interesting.
Old 12-26-2017, 04:29 PM   #171  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFTM17 View Post
I know it's been a while since I posted, but I wanted to thank you for responding to my question. I belong to a couple of different IE groups (one is more of a body positivity group than IE) on facebook, trying to overcome the diet mentality. I watched the documentary "Embrace" on Netflix, and that has helped me a lot. Has anyone here watched it?
Thanks for mentioning this documentary. I checked it out and it was good!

So for me, I have been going through some stress stuff. Husband unemployed, looking for a job, so I think I have been doing a little more anxiety eating but at the same time I have been getting more in touch with my creativity than I have in years and I have been enjoying life so maybe it all balances out.

I finally stopped checking the scale as I feel it was detrimental to me over time. It made it too easy to make little rules for myself regarding food through out the day. All my clothes still fit and look good and I am active and happy so that is all I worry about. I do struggle with body acceptance still and without the scale to tell me how I should feel I find I struggle more with body happiness. That has been my main focus recently, just changing the negative body image voices in my head.
Old 12-26-2017, 05:36 PM   #172  

Glad to say I have stayed with IE for a long time, although I have a lot of kids trying to talk me into something else.
Old 12-26-2017, 09:27 PM   #173  

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolr3639 View Post
Glad to say I have stayed with IE for a long time, although I have a lot of kids trying to talk me into something else.

I don't think anything but IE really works for me long term as I eventually rebel against any rules I make myself regarding eating, even if it makes me feel better physically and has a positive effect. I just can't live with those constraints.

I did notice today at dinner that I have gotten a lot better about not just eating it because its there and not eating dinner just because its dinner time. This past week I have often eaten dinner after the kids have gone to bed because I am not hungry at regular dinner time. I don't make that a forced pattern though. If I am hungry at regular dinner time I eat it. I think knowing that I can eat any time I want to and that I have NO RULES about eating really helps me wait until I am hungry to eat, and only eat until I am full/satisfied. I got pretty good about waiting to eat until my body was hungry, but something I have been struggling with is still eating more than my body needs once I started eating. It's definitely still a learning process but I have seen improvement so yay!

IE all the way for 2018! Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 12-30-2017, 01:17 PM   #174  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

Default Hello all.

Haven't been here in awhile. Still trying to wrap my heart, heart, stomach and everything around IE. It's a little more challenging because of Type II diabetes, gotta watch the carbs and fats and everything else. Hope you all have a blessed New Year's.
TamTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 03:30 PM   #175  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolr3639 View Post
Tried a low carb thing...............not working.
Carol, I like low carbing, but I decided there are some carby foods that I am not going to give up so I'm going back eating IE, but work at learning to eat only what I need to be satisfied. Haven't been back to IE very long, but it seems to be working so far.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 03:32 PM   #176  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFTM17 View Post
Haven't heard of this but I looked up online and am following them on FB. Thanks for sharing it. I will see if I can get the documentary online.
Old 12-31-2017, 03:43 PM   #177  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkhippie View Post
I don't think anything but IE really works for me long term as I eventually rebel against any rules I make myself regarding eating, even if it makes me feel better physically and has a positive effect. I just can't live with those constraints.

I did notice today at dinner that I have gotten a lot better about not just eating it because its there and not eating dinner just because its dinner time. This past week I have often eaten dinner after the kids have gone to bed because I am not hungry at regular dinner time. I don't make that a forced pattern though. If I am hungry at regular dinner time I eat it. I think knowing that I can eat any time I want to and that I have NO RULES about eating really helps me wait until I am hungry to eat, and only eat until I am full/satisfied. I got pretty good about waiting to eat until my body was hungry, but something I have been struggling with is still eating more than my body needs once I started eating. It's definitely still a learning process but I have seen improvement so yay!

IE all the way for 2018! Hope everyone is doing well!
I sware, I could have written your post. That is exactly how I feel. I can find something that is a good plan, but when I start trying to follow the rules, I seem to rebel against them. This has caused me to decide to stop following rules. No more counting calories, carbs or anything else. The closest to the way I am eating now is IE. I honestly believe this is the only way for me too.

I like your IE all the way I 2018. I've tried all the rules for controlling blood sugar, but I realized recently that when my blood sugar was good, not perfect but good was when we would travel and I ate what I wanted to eat. I saw a dietician a year ago when we moved to TX. The way I like to eat isn't much different from the way they suggested I eat. In fact, they told me not to worry about the blood sugar reading or the weight, but to keep doing what I was doing and it would finally come together and work.

But I kept trying to diet and exercise. I do feel good when I exercise. I read somewhere you should decide to eat what makes you feel good so maybe that is how you make IE work for you. Learn to eat and do the things that makes you feel good; especially good about yourself. I am so tired of dieting.

So this is how I'm ending 2017 and entering into 2018. IE 100%.
Old 12-31-2017, 03:44 PM   #178  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamTam View Post
Haven't been here in awhile. Still trying to wrap my heart, heart, stomach and everything around IE. It's a little more challenging because of Type II diabetes, gotta watch the carbs and fats and everything else. Hope you all have a blessed New Year's.
Me too TamTam
Old 01-01-2018, 09:09 PM   #179  

S/C/G: 153/150/138

Height: 5' 2.5"

Happy New Year!

I'm joining this thread today because I'm sick and tired of trying to diet all the time. I originally joined 3FC in 2011, but haven't really been here a lot. I had to change my stats, however; because I've gained 10 pounds since joining (yikes!). I've read some books on intuitive eating and now I'm ready to start.

Here I go.....!

(I hope I'm posting the right way)
Miss Fitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 02:18 PM   #180  

I've ate just what I wanted yesterday and I really enjoyed it. I thought boy, I will have a gain tomorrow, but I didn't. I was surprised to see a 2.2 lb loss and my Fasting Blood Sugar was only up 2 pts which means it stayed in the same area. I thought starchy carbs were bad for me so imagine my surprise to find that they worked for me and not against me. What a joy to find that I can eat the food that I truly like which I have to admit are considered healthy fiber foods. The thing is that when you low carb, you are made to believe you cannot eat those foods.

I have to admit that this morning, I had the tendency to want to track on MFP to see how many calories I'm eating, but I didn't do it. I am trying to break the diet mentality. I am working to go strictly IE. I don't want to eat anything just because a diet plan says I should. One successful day behind me and working on another one today. I'm just taking this One Day at a Time.