General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 10-23-2016, 12:15 AM   #1  

Default Is It Time For a Dietician/Nutritionist?

A bit about my story: I began my weight-loss journey at 260 lbs. I'm currently at 178. Lately despite my best efforts I've hit a wall I can't seem to get past. I've tried eating more calories and I've tried eating less calories, I workout 5-6 times a week (high cardio hour long spin classes and a couple jogs mixed in as well). Recently I've even started weight training.
The weight has barely come off; however, I have recorded measurable progress in inches lost.
gzoztra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 10:53 AM   #2  

Are you drinking plenty of water?? I would suggest you to drink at least 2 glasses of lukewarm water in the morning without even brushing your teeth. When the saliva goes inside it speeds up your metabolism. Start drinking at least 2 liters of lukewarm water everyday and try not to drink water while having food. We should always drink warm water because our body is warm inside. when we drink cold or chilled water our body gets disturbed and takes time to come back to its original position. You should try to have your breakfast within one hour of waking up in the morning. Have lunch lesser than your breakfast and try to take dinner (lesser than your lunch) before 7 p.m. This might sound weird but if you continue to follow this process for at least about 2 weeks you'll be able to break the wall and lose weight fast.
skmyna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 06:09 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/190/180

Height: 5'10'

95% is what you eat...

5% is actually exercising...

Unless you're feeding your body real life enzymes you need to stop working out because you're starving yourself and overworking your body...

I would suggest you start eating raw fruits and vegetables along with fresh juices...

This will feed the cells in your body making it strong... This will help you get past the wall you have hit...
weight loss reboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 05:21 AM   #4  
banned

Starting out, diet is going to be very important, more so than exercise, excersise will help speed up the metabolism but at first diet is going to have to be number one priority.
WildRockJumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 04:55 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzoztra View Post
A bit about my story: I began my weight-loss journey at 260 lbs. I'm currently at 178. Lately despite my best efforts I've hit a wall I can't seem to get past. I've tried eating more calories and I've tried eating less calories, I workout 5-6 times a week (high cardio hour long spin classes and a couple jogs mixed in as well). Recently I've even started weight training.
The weight has barely come off; however, I have recorded measurable progress in inches lost.
Congrats on your weight loss. Based on everything you say above and the research I've read, it's very possible you're adding muscle and losing some fat which means your weight could stay the same even while your waistline shrinks.

What's your goal weight? Might it be time to shift from a goal weight to goal clothing sizes instead?
BoldPandaBear is offline   Reply With Quote