General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 06-08-2017, 02:34 PM   #421  

S/C/G: 242/150/140

Height: 5'7"

I weigh daily, and I don't know if it is just me but it seems my weight jumps around much more on IF/OMAD than on other diets. I can fluctuate over a kg/day, and do regularly. I track my weight on old fashioned graph paper and it is easy to see the general trend is down, but it certainly jumps about a lot!

I am trying to decide whether to take the lowest weight for the week as my weight, have an official weight day or calculate an average.

On the other hand I may be overthinking this......

Auto

Last edited by autodidact; 06-08-2017 at 02:34 PM.
autodidact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 09:35 AM   #422  

S/C/G: 327/262.2/250

Hi Auto,
I am finding just the opposite is true for me.
I have Monday as my official weigh in date. It helps me behave a little better on the weekends which are hardest for me.
I do weigh daily because I am sure I have gained 10 pounds overnight.
I have learned to not fret so much if I go up some weeks.
I really like this way of eating and I am trying to learn to have faith in the science behind it.
Ubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 08:14 AM   #423  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

Hi, folks!

Welcome to all the newbies!

I'm back from an awesome trip to Japan. Since I was with other folks, I did not try to stick with OMAD, but ate when others were eating. We did not speak any Japanese, and we often ate in restaurants that did not have any English on the menus, so I'm not even sure what I was eating all the time, lol.

After several weeks of having no treadmill to use, we finally got a new one delivered yesterday after failed attempts to get the old one fixed at reasonable cost (as a result, we decided NOT to buy the replacement at Sears, which made replacing it more difficult). Unfortunately, the new treadmill was delivered with cosmetic damage (cracked plastic housing) but at least IT WORKS and the company has promised to fix or replace the treadmill.

My sleep and eating schedules are almost, but not completely, back to normal. My daughter is still home for college, and that also affects my eating. But I just weighed myself at 141.7 (after drinking some coffee), so my weight has not wandered very far above my target. For now, I am just going to keep an eye on it as things get back to normal.

Last edited by yoyoma; 06-16-2017 at 08:16 AM.
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 04:59 PM   #424  

S/C/G: 242/150/140

Welcome home
autodidact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 10:58 AM   #425  

Welcome home yoyo.
I am back from a short vacation and yesterday (my first day back) I stayed within a 7 hour window. I was concerned because I felt more hungry then I had. I allowed myself to eat as I wanted and today I feel back on track and so much better.
It is such a positive feeling to know I can enjoy myself on vacation and not come home and be totally derailed.
Old 06-24-2017, 07:56 AM   #426  

Hi, Ubee! Hope you had a nice little vacation. =)

I also noticed that when I was eating more often, I got hungry more often. I took my time adjusting back to OMAD because I don't want to feel like I am punishing myself. One of the things that helped is the fact that I really do enjoy not having to think about food choices most of the day, and in that light I welcomed the return to my usual lifestyle. I'm back on track with my OMAD schedule now.

OTOH, my exercise has not yet gotten back on track, but for a very different reason. I've been managing to sleep in later (yay!!!), but that leaves less time for the treadmill before I begin work. I have my max energy in the morning, and I'm used to doing the bulk of my walking then. Unfortunately, I can't really go to bed earlier due to hubby's schedule. I guess I am going to have to get used to walking more later in the day.

In the meantime, I weighed in this morning at 139.7, so no worries! =) Planning on attending a RenFair this weekend, and it's lovely to know I can count on fitting into any of my costumes from years past.

Last edited by yoyoma; 06-24-2017 at 07:57 AM.
Old 06-25-2017, 02:17 AM   #427  
Started 4th of July

S/C/G: 180/168/140

Height: 5'6"

Hi folks,

Started back again with IF. This time I'm doing the Alternate day fasting. Started on the 22nd and feeling pumped. I see a lot of new faces....HI there!
FinallyFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 08:53 AM   #428  

Hi, FF, welcome back!

Glad to hear you're getting off to a good start. =)

I'm attending the RenFair today. I plan on eating my meal at the fair so it's likely to be far from normal for me as I doubt there will be a lot of veggies for sale, lol. But, no worries, as I'll just get back to normal tomorrow.

As regards my usual food, last night I had a lamb, spinach, and onion curry. The night before was broiled salmon and roasted red peppers. Before that, a chicken and broccoli stir fry. All with broth-based soup before, a little brown rice on the side, and a serving of nuts and dark chocolate after. I really enjoy meals like that.

Last edited by yoyoma; 06-25-2017 at 08:54 AM.
Old 06-25-2017, 09:04 AM   #429  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Yoyoma, there's nothing like having a new piece of equipment to get you revved up for exercising! I would love to get a new treadmill, but mine is fine...just old. I like the new fancy models I see in the stores.

I have heard that it's best to exercise after your biggest meal, as it helps burn those calories. Evening is my biggest meal, but by evening, I'm drained, so I rarely do more than just a short walk then. Since I'm retired, I do my exercising in the afternoon, while I'm watching my soaps.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 02:07 PM   #430  
Started 4th of July

Thanks for the welcome yoyo, and hi wannabe,,,,,I'm reminded by your post I need to take the laundry off my walking machine and try it out. I'm feeling more like exercising with this woe.

Yesterday, I fasted 30 hours (unbelievable for me) today is an eating day.

Tonight I'll have broiled chicken, salad and a beet with bacon. I did break my fast this morning with nuts, cheese and hummus.
Old 06-25-2017, 05:31 PM   #431  

Welcome back Finally Free!
Yoyo, I appreciate you hanging around even though you are at goal. It is so encouraging to see someone be successful long term.
I am hoping this week to fully get back in my routine. I feel so much better when I eat this way. Having said that it is a great feeling knowing I can stray for special occasions and it does not take a ton of energy or motivation to get back on plan.
How is everyone else doing?
Old 06-26-2017, 08:58 AM   #432  

S/C/G: 203/197/145

Height: 5'5"

I would like to join you all here. I did this woe about 3 years ago and it was very successful for me. I started out eating two meals a day then cut down to one. I'm not entirely on a fasting but as for the last few days it has been one meal a day. I had been trying to meet my protein quota each day by drinking protein shakes in morning and afternoon and just have one meal, I know I'm breaking my fast but I don't want to be skinny fat so I'm really trying to up my protein intake this time around.
ShaMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 07:28 PM   #433  
Started 4th of July

Thanks for the welcome Ubee! Welcome Aboard Shamac!

Well I'm heading into uncharted waters with a 36 hour fast! I will allow a little bonebroth if need be. Monday, Wednesday and Friday or Saturday will be my fast days.

Is anyone else trying the Alternate Day Approach?
Old 06-27-2017, 08:07 AM   #434  

Welcome Shamac!

FinallyFree, I have been reading about ADA and I do dabble in it. I am not on a schedule but if I have a really high intake day the next day I tend to eat a lot less. Knowing about ADA helps to keep me in line.
How is your 36 hour fast going?
Old 06-27-2017, 08:53 AM   #435  

S/C/G: 203/197/145

Height: 5'5"

Thank you both for the welcome. I am supposed to have company over for the weekend so I was thinking I might try to pull off an ADF. Since I ate regularly on yesterday I'll do a 500 cal day today and Thursday, or at least I'll try. I've already had a 190 cal protein shake after my workout so that leaves me with only 310 for the rest of the day. I should have planned better, but it just came to me after reading your post. We'll see how it goes.
ShaMac is offline   Reply With Quote