General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 09-08-2016, 06:25 PM   #226  
Started 4th of July

S/C/G: 180/168/140

Height: 5'6"

Hi Mary and Welcome,

Well I have found that carbs trigger overeating. It does for a lot of folks, so just a suggestion to limit carbs for the sake of making it all the way to your window. I've found a little cheese helps to make it to your window for me. I haven't been needing it now and I started with a 6 hour window then moved to a 2 hour window and am working on a 7 day fast that will bring me back to OMAD. I am feeling great too. It's amazing!
FinallyFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 06:31 PM   #227  
Started 4th of July

Ann, I finally saw 169 on the scale,,,,,,,,I was tempted to eat last night, I felt it was habit more than hunger. Quite frankly I don't know which is harder, but I woke up feeing good and seeing that number was such a blessing.....
Old 09-08-2016, 06:35 PM   #228  
Started 4th of July

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary54 View Post
Hi there,
Just found this website. Still finding my way around.
I have done the one meal a day and can do it, what do you do when you get to wanting to eat something? I eat when I'm not even hungry, sometimes because I feel I should eat something. Sometimes I'm ok until I eat somethnig and then find I can't stop as I've started. I'm a veggie almost vegan and only like plain boiled veggies salad, its when I start on the biscuits/ home made scones and then choccy, I'm a sercet eater on all of them.
I need to lose about 1.5 stones as I lost it all and now put most of it back on and I can't shift it at all, not like the old days when I could do 7lbs in a week just cutting out the rubbish, I suppose its being 53 and body slowing down.

This sounds confusing but hope you know what I'm trying to say.... Oh, hello to you all as well.... anyone give me the link to the devotions thread as I'm a church going girl and I now can't find the thread. Thank you.

Also when dieting I get to day 9 and have to have a big binge and then start all over again

Mary, I haven't checked out the devotions thread on this site, or know of one, but I bought a book called Fastin to Freedom by Ron Lagerquist

It has spiritual as well as the physical benefits of Fasting......
Old 09-26-2016, 10:58 PM   #229  

S/C/G: S 210/ C 170/ G 130

Height: 5' 6"

Default Amateur IFer Grateful to Find This Forum!

Hi, I'm so glad to find and meet you all! I began using OMAD method on April 20th for 90 days as an experiment after reading some of Ray Cronise's research. I lost 38 pounds although the hunger took some getting used to - UGH. I'm vegan so I only eat veggies, beans, and a little nuts/seeds. No grains or fruit yet. My dad is a diabetic and was really losing that health battle so we all jumped in together on this lifestyle change. I took a break to see if I could maintain with two meals a day (in a 4 - 6 hr window) and kept it off. Now I'm back for a last push until the end of the year hoping to get the rest of the weight off. I'm losing but finding it harder - husband is overweight and has health issues starting yet he's not interested in joining me on this journey and my kids are very fit athletes who can eat stuff I shouldn't even put my eyes on. 👀 it feels very lonely especially when others tend to lecture with the best intentions about how bad it is to "starve yourself." I just don't talk about it to anyone. I hope my experiences can help support others and I'm thrilled to find this group!
Leggingsaspants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 04:51 PM   #230  

Lord, give me strength (or at least some support!). After reading about intermittent/alternate day fasting in The Obesity Code and being discouraged with everything else I've tried (thanks, PCOS) I've decided to have a go. I ate breakfast this morning so I could take my meds and have gone the rest of the day so far with nothing else but all kinds of water, a cup of broth at lunch and a couple mugs of hot tea (no milk, no sugar).

It's going to be so hard to go home and not munch while everyone else is eating!
rusti_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 04:56 PM   #231  

S/C/G: 180/164/115

Height: 5'0

Hello All!

My story is too long complicated and boring to post!! Im definitely a "Fung-head" hahah. Ive done the 16/8 IF but didnt really lose. Im in ketosis and have a meter to keep check on that. I eat LCHF. My body is stubborn and loves it's set point.

As of Sunday I will be attempting to alternate day fast. Eat dinner 6pm on Sunday and then fast till dinner at 6pm Monday. During the fast, I will have coffee, water, and broth. Dinner on a fast day is 400 cals. Then, on a feed day, I will try to keep my food to 1700 cals which is my TDEE. (Total Daily Energy Expenditure). By the end of the week I will have a calorie deficit for the week. Our bodies use calories different when in ketosis and also when fasting.

Glad to meet you all!

Kelley
Beachbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 09:31 AM   #232  

S/C/G: 180/164/115

Height: 5'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leggingsaspants View Post
Hi, I'm so glad to find and meet you all! I began using OMAD method on April 20th for 90 days as an experiment after reading some of Ray Cronise's research. I lost 38 pounds although the hunger took some getting used to - UGH. I'm vegan so I only eat veggies, beans, and a little nuts/seeds. No grains or fruit yet. My dad is a diabetic and was really losing that health battle so we all jumped in together on this lifestyle change. I took a break to see if I could maintain with two meals a day (in a 4 - 6 hr window) and kept it off. Now I'm back for a last push until the end of the year hoping to get the rest of the weight off. I'm losing but finding it harder - husband is overweight and has health issues starting yet he's not interested in joining me on this journey and my kids are very fit athletes who can eat stuff I shouldn't even put my eyes on. 👀 it feels very lonely especially when others tend to lecture with the best intentions about how bad it is to "starve yourself." I just don't talk about it to anyone. I hope my experiences can help support others and I'm thrilled to find this group!
Me too. New to the group and thrilled to be here! Im starting alternate day 24 hour fasts today. Starting with a feed day lol. Monday I am running my mother around to doctors and frankly, not eating with my mother would be challenging (another day for that story), so I will eat today, fast tomorrow, eat Monday yadda yadda.

Dr. Fung says that we do not go into starvation mode, unlike the folks on the Biggest Loser, because we give our insulin enough time to go down. If we ate small meals all day or little bits of food, insulin stays up. Any food raises insulin, thats just how we work. With a fast, insulin goes down and the body uses stored fat for fuel. Its all about the insulin!

He has a great video on youtube that I have only seen 3,000 times! You can find it: Dr. Jason Fung: Two Compartment Theory
Beachbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 08:55 PM   #233  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusti_knight View Post
Lord, give me strength (or at least some support!). After reading about intermittent/alternate day fasting in The Obesity Code and being discouraged with everything else I've tried (thanks, PCOS) I've decided to have a go. I ate breakfast this morning so I could take my meds and have gone the rest of the day so far with nothing else but all kinds of water, a cup of broth at lunch and a couple mugs of hot tea (no milk, no sugar).

It's going to be so hard to go home and not munch while everyone else is eating!
Hi Rusti, I haven't heard of the Obesity Code but I'll check it out. I hope all is going well for you - I pushed my only meal each day to between 3:00 and 5:00pm so that I can tolerate being around everyone eating whatever they want in the evenings. It's still a challenge for me every day so I can relate!
Old 10-01-2016, 09:41 PM   #234  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbody View Post
Me too. New to the group and thrilled to be here! Im starting alternate day 24 hour fasts today. Starting with a feed day lol. Monday I am running my mother around to doctors and frankly, not eating with my mother would be challenging (another day for that story), so I will eat today, fast tomorrow, eat Monday yadda yadda.

Dr. Fung says that we do not go into starvation mode, unlike the folks on the Biggest Loser, because we give our insulin enough time to go down. If we ate small meals all day or little bits of food, insulin stays up. Any food raises insulin, thats just how we work. With a fast, insulin goes down and the body uses stored fat for fuel. Its all about the insulin!

He has a great video on youtube that I have only seen 3,000 times! You can find it: Dr. Jason Fung: Two Compartment Theory
Hi Kelley,

I understand what you said about having to eat with some people - it's so hard to stay on the right path. The kids hide stuff per my request to make it easier on me and I'll walk in the kitchen and my husband has a box of bakery cookies sitting out on the counter. LOL - I'm struggling but I'm losing a little each day so hopefully it'll help with motivation. I appreciate the explanation and I'll check out the YouTube video too. Ray Cronise has some as well and it's amazing to me that we've learned so much erroneous information about nutrition and how our body uses and processes food over the years. It sounds like both of these guys have some similar research. I wish you the best of luck and would love to hear how you are doing as time goes on!
Old 10-03-2016, 12:44 PM   #235  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leggingsaspants View Post
Hi Rusti, I haven't heard of the Obesity Code but I'll check it out. I hope all is going well for you - I pushed my only meal each day to between 3:00 and 5:00pm so that I can tolerate being around everyone eating whatever they want in the evenings. It's still a challenge for me every day so I can relate!
I ended up eating a little bit of dinner. I think it's going to take practice going the whole day for sure. I'm trying again today and doing the alternate day fasting (tomorrow I'll eat normally, just one meal again Wednesday).
rusti_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 01:57 PM   #236  

S/C/G: 135/125/120

Height: 5'7

Hey guys, do you know whether OMAD is for everyone? I have absolutely no problem with fasting for 23h, but after my meal I just feel so horrible and have to lay down. I'm bloated and it hurts so bad. And it seems like I can't stop eating, although I'm physically full and my stomach is about to explode, I still crave more food. I always find myself craving more grains, regardless of what I ate. So it doesn't matter if I ate grains, fruit, veggies, legumes, nuts or seeds, I always crave more grains or pseudo grains like spelt, amaranth, rice, oats etc.
Why in the world could that be?

Last edited by justconfused; 10-05-2016 at 01:59 PM.
justconfused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 03:43 PM   #237  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusti_knight View Post
I ended up eating a little bit of dinner. I think it's going to take practice going the whole day for sure. I'm trying again today and doing the alternate day fasting (tomorrow I'll eat normally, just one meal again Wednesday).
Yes, it definitely takes getting used to and I found that it was easier for me to just fast without any "regular" eating days. Otherwise, I was too tempted to cheat all around. With OMAD - it took me a good two weeks before I felt good and that first two weeks was thinking about food CONSTANTLY, drinking tons of water and tea for the caffeine, being exhausted and not pushing myself very hard physically. It did get a lot easier after that thank goodness. If you need to eat dinner on those OMAD days, I found the Ray Cronise research indicated that this was fine as long as you were eating all of your food for the day within a 4 - 6 hour window. I think you have to do whatever you can manage within your life and as long as you are overall trending downward to where you feel healthier then that's a good place to be - I commend you for being persistent!

Now my biggest problem is drawing boundaries with my family for this last push to get the weight off particularly with my husband. I mean REALLY...do you need me to make homemade brownies for you to have with your milk before bedtime, REALLY?! I'm seeing a weight that I haven't seen in a decade and should be excited but I'm getting more and more frustrated because I'm stuck at 170 and really need to get that last 40 pounds off. I've decided that I'm going to need to spend my evenings doing something even if it's just walking around Target. :-)
Old 10-29-2016, 07:53 AM   #238  
Under His mercy

Height: 5'9"

I also just eat one meal a day. Plant based. Most people think it's too hard but as long as I have a big meal (no calorie counting) to look forward to, it keeps me going.
sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 08:03 PM   #239  

S/C/G: 194/158/130

Height: 5' 3"

I'm doing OMAD and was wondering if there is still anyone else that is still doing it?
BrendaGaudette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 09:00 PM   #240  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

Hiya! I do OMAD for maintenance. It's the only maintenance plan that I've found sustainable. It's not just an "eat anything you want" OMAD and it has lots of customizations I've learned over the years (decades) that make it work for me (e.g, I drink coffee with NFPM throughout the day, I start my meal with a soup, limit my starchy carbs, etc).

I only post on-and-off because I'm not really looking for support these days and I just browse the 3FC boards sometimes. If you're looking for more active support, I think there's an IF thread. There may also be some OMAD folks in the IF thread. I tried other forms of IF (like 5:2 and ADF, alternate day fasting) but those didn't work well for me. It seems like trial and error is the way some of us have to figure out the best approach. I hope OMAD is working well for you. Best wishes!
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote