General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 01-19-2018, 04:53 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 185/183.6/150

Height: 5ft 5in

For me it's definitely health related. Went through a year of treatment for breast cancer in 2015 which involved surgery, chemo and radiation. Lost about 20 pounds during my treatment but have now gained 30 pounds and need to get this off. Am now back to healthy eating with following the old point system on WW. Taking daily walks with my dog for exercise and hoping to see some results. Looking forward to a caribbean cruise in July with my 18 year old granddaughter! Life is good and feel so fortunate to consider myself a cancer survivor as there are so many victims.
jaybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 06:51 PM   #17  
Meow

S/C/G: HW: 285+ / tracker

Height: 5'4"ish

Rather than my physical health, my main reason for losing weight is my mental health. I feel happier, less stressed, and more energetic when I am smaller and I don't know why that is. It might just be the fact that for me being smaller is a result of eating healthier and being more active so I associate happiness with weighing less when the real cause for my happiness is me leading a healthier lifestyle. I never really thought about it that deep until I read this question hmm lol.
bugsiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 06:17 PM   #18  

Default Beautiful

Posts! I have 4 weight loss goals: 1) get off high blood pressure medicine (i am 41 years old, weighed 324 lb.) Lost 30 and am off meds!
2) get under 300 lbs. (Now 294.)
3) reach 250 lbs
4) 220 lbs approximate healthy weight ...i'm 6'3" female
AmazonNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 04:02 PM   #19  

i want to see myself how my boyfriend sees me and not hate my own body.
Bigpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 06:08 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 128.8kg/119.4kg/99kg

Height: 176cm/5ft7"

My relationship is what's pushing me .. we both really want a baby and I have PCOS which has caused me to not be able to get pregnant naturally... while I'm doubtful (still hopeful) that weight loss will enable that naturally (I was very fit and healthy when I was first told I had this so weight wasn't the issue) I have to be a certain weight to qualify for IVF so my goal is to shred to that weight, and he's promised as an extra incentive that once I get there we'll get married..

My mindset is very stuck in thatI want to try all possible avenues to him becoming a father, since this is my problem I'd feel so guilty if we were never to have children because of me - so I'm really pushing myself to lose this last 20kg.
HopefulMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 05:03 PM   #21  

Default Motivates in Life

So what motivates you and what makes you wake up each morning? What drives you and why do you go through life each day?
If you are just like every other ordinary people, you have no idea what motivates you. You do not know why you want to wake up each morning, and you do not know what you want to do with your life.
sanym111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 10:29 AM   #22  

I am not used to be 143 pounds.... My life as a skinny fit woman was so much better: every single dress or jeans or whatever looked good on me, I was able to wear light colored pants, my face looked a bit better and I had a sharp jawline, I got more compliments and people constantly asked me what diet I am on, while I was never on a diet-I just never took that shitty birth control that eventually made me gain weight.

I was sooo beautiful and my skin wasnt that fatty. I want this life back.
pinterest_my_body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 12:46 PM   #23  
Intuitive Eating & HAES

S/C/G: 290/244/175

Height: 5'4"

A lifetime of compulsive eating has badly damaged my health. Although I have a strong family history of adult-onset diabetes, I developed it earlier than expected (at 30) because of poor eating habits. And now, in my early 50s, I have advanced kidney disease. In spite of those challenges, life is still full with family, pets, work, and volunteer activities; and I want to make the most of it.

I want to wander through state parks without getting winded, attend crowded performances without worrying about seating, and go nuts in my favorite thrift stores rather than just settling on occasional suit jackets and scarves. And, perhaps most importantly, I want peace with my body and peace with food.
PartTimeHippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 12:00 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 212/162/140

Height: 5'4"

My parents are obese with health issues. When I graduated college, I stepped on a scale for the first time in awhile. I was 212. I had gained about 40 pounds in a year. It hit me like a train that I was on the same track to have all the health difficulties my parents have (most of which can be attributed to years of obesity, processed foods, and a sedentary lifestyle), and they were only in their 40's. It really scared me and continues to scare me. I have a teenage sister who has no healthy influence at home, and would like to be that for her.
jwisener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 06:17 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 200/180/150

Height: 186

Examples of the right kind of motivation
I don’t want to spend half of my earnings on all kinds of medication. Let the pharmaceutical drugs do their job for me.
I don’t want to become a burden to my children but instead, I’d like to be able to support them both financially and physically.
I don’t want to end up dying on a hospital bed. When I get to the ripe old age I want to be able to ski downhill and still attract the attention of the members of the opposite sex.
I don’t want to spend my retirement being stuck on a bench outside the house. I dream of travelling across the globe. I suspect that senile dementia has been created by nature with a special purpose so that in the twilight of their life people wouldn’t burden themselves with painful regrets over their meaningless past.
I want to live my life to the fullest regardless of the number of years destiny has yet in store for me.
Dimobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 09:26 AM   #26  

To be healthy
Andy142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 02:55 PM   #27  

My motivation is to stay healthy for the future and to not miss out on opportunities in life due to weight issues.
skhatri15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 09:26 AM   #28  

My motivation for weight loss was and still is quality of life. I was an athlete in high school so I knew what it was like to be at the top of my game. After the birth of my daughter I couldn't LOSE weight no matter how little I ate or whatever diet I was on, until I started eating low-carb which was a big game changer. I recommend anyone to find scientific studies about low-carb diets, when you understand how it works (and you see evidence) you'll be automatically motivated and have more confidence in the diet.
EWF003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 08:45 PM   #29  
Fighter

S/C/G: 170/161/130

Height: 5'8"

1. As an actor, I want to have the "leading lady" body type.
2. I don't want to have to talk myself down from hating what I look like every time I look in the mirror.
3. My husband and I will be having kids in the next 2-3 years and I want a strong, fit, efficient, healthy, nourished body.
carnadine is offline   Reply With Quote