General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2014, 09:10 AM   #361  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Do you just eat one meal after a 24 hour fast then start new the next day?
Old 11-18-2014, 09:41 PM   #362  
16/8

S/C/G: 153/151.8/133

Height: 5'6"

I've read that you should eat what you normally would eat for dinner, but I have found that to be difficult! I think it's really whatever works for you and your overall goals. If you want weight loss, just eating a regular meal is best. If you just want the other health benefits of fasting for 24 hrs, then what you eat afterward shouldn't matter.

Btw, I did not make the 36 hr fast today, but I will end up with a 5-hr eating window and not a bad day overall.
Old 11-19-2014, 07:53 AM   #363  

You did good even if you couldn't make it a 36 hour fast.

I'm happy to report that I woke up feeling energetic and ready to go this morning, I was also 1.8 lbs down on the scale, I'm 119.8 right now, trying to update my ticker. So tonight after my 5 hr window I'll start my 24 hr fast, from 5pm tonight to 5pm tomorrow night, I'm excited to see how I'll feel.
Old 11-19-2014, 09:13 AM   #364  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

Spryng - welcome! Sounds like you're already making good progress. I hope your 24 hour fast goes well!

lightenup - A 5 hour eating window may not be a 36 hour fast but it's sure better than a normal day of eating, right? What's your plan for the rest of the week?

Today is my second 500 calorie fast of the week. I may end up adding a fast Thursday or Friday if the scale isn't kind in the morning. I have been struggling to lose anything for about 3 weeks now (after two weeks in a row of good losses, and before that, another long stall). It would just be really nice to get down another pound or so before Thanksgiving hits!

Thanksgiving won't be too difficult this year, since we'll be having it at a restaurant. I think I'll feel more in control of my eating in that setting. I'm thinking about having a mini Thanksgiving that weekend with a few friends and my boyfriend since we won't be together for the holiday, but won't go overboard with the sides. I will be trying to fit in at least two fasts next week, plus skipping breakfast Thanksgiving day if possible.

Last edited by nonameslob; 11-19-2014 at 09:17 AM.
Old 11-19-2014, 09:51 AM   #365  

nonameslob - thanks for the welcome!

I was thinking thanksgiving would be hard but actually it will fit right into my 5 hour window, so yeah I'll eat more than normal but technically will still be doing the fast 5 that day So maybe it won't hurt as much this year as in previous years. And definitely a 24 hr fast following it I'm sure. We shall see. I'll be happy with another couple lbs down by then as well.

Well I got my workout in this morning, that's still very new to not eat right after and I'm feeling good so time to work for me.
Old 11-20-2014, 11:22 AM   #366  

Good Morning all! So another day of fasting and I'm feeling fantastic. I'm in the middle of my 24 hour fast, started at 5pm yesterday and will last until 5pm tonight. I plan to break it with a nice thick protein shake and then nothing else today. So I'm over 17 hours in.. I'm already hungry but just gonna fight through it with lots of water and hot green tea and will power! I can do this! I would like to do one 24 hr fast a week but I'll see how today goes first lol Trying to distract myself with work but my mind keeps going to food.. must drink more water

How are you all doing?
Old 11-20-2014, 11:27 AM   #367  
Call me NNS!

Spryng - I'm right there with you today! Sounds like you're doing well so far. Thank goodness for hot calorie free tea

I was hoping to only do 5:2 this week, but it seems I only maintain when I do that So I am fasting again today for a third this week. I really hope it helps me shift below 183, where I have been stuck for about a month. Grr! So far, so good. Though I just ran out of my FAVORITE tea, so I will have to scavenge and see what we have at the office. he second day of a back to back is always more difficult...

Gotta try really hard to keep it light this weekend as well so that I'll really be able to enjoy Thanksgiving What is everyone's plans for next week and how do you plan to work your diet into it?

Last edited by nonameslob; 11-20-2014 at 11:27 AM.
Old 11-21-2014, 08:50 AM   #368  
Call me NNS!

Well, 4:3 worked yet again. I think I will just have to make that the new routine unless I can get my eating under wraps on non-fast days. I think I've just struggled to adjust my calories down as I've lost weight. But, I've already met my goal for November and I'm pretty close to my year-end goal. I would absolutely looooove to surpass that, but let's see how I do at the holidays first.

Hope everyone has been having a good week!
Old 11-21-2014, 10:16 AM   #369  
16/8

S/C/G: 153/151.8/133

Height: 5'6"

Hi there,

Nomame--Yay! I'm so glad to hear the scale is going down for you! 4:3 can't be easy! I understand the weight stalls, man I haven't seen a new number in a few months!

Spryng--How did the fast go yesterday??

I didn't manage the 24-hr yesterday, but almost. I went from about midnight to 8pm last night, so 20 hrs. Not too bad, but then I did pig out just a little PMS and all that, you know! Oh well, TTOM is here, so hopefully I will see a loss soon, as well as a loss of appetite!

As far as Thanksgiving, it's my absolute fav holiday, so I'm really looking forward to the food. I will definitely be fasting prior to the main meal (which we'll actually do the day after Thanksgiving to accommodate everyone's schedules). We'll be at my husband's family's beach house, and I'm hoping to keep my diet reigned in over the weekend, but we'll see. I haven't had much chance to figure out my fasting plan. I think that's my big problem right now--no plan, going by the seat of my pants, and it's too easy to just eat earlier than I should!

Last edited by lightenup2014; 11-21-2014 at 10:17 AM.
Old 11-21-2014, 10:37 AM   #370  
Call me NNS!

lightenup - I hope the end of TOM gives you the boost you need

I'm just finally figuring out Thanksgiving plans myself. I will likely do a 500 calorie fast Monday and Wednesday, as per usual. Then since I will be driving up to Long Island Thanksgiving Day, I can fast until dinner which is at 5:30. I'm driving back on Friday, so I could also fast until dinner that day. On Saturday, I'm having a mini Thanksgiving at home with my boyfriend and a friend and her husband, so again I could fast until dinner (though it is difficult for me to cook without tasting!). So potentially sticking to eating windows the second half of the week, but I think I'll just roll with it. As long as I get Monday and Wednesday "under my belt", I'll be content!
Old 11-24-2014, 06:37 AM   #371  

S/C/G: 158.3/148.5/135

Height: 4'11"

Hey Ladies!

Hope everyone is doing well! I'm so sorry I haven't checked in this week. As I had mentioned, last week I had an engagement in Miami. Let me just say I'm "cubanned" out! I ate so much cuban food and cafe con leche! For both of my meals per day! Can't regret it now I guess... each meal was delicious. Love me some caribbean food. Anyway, I came home on Saturday, went for my run and weighed in at 144 which I guess it's not to chabby considering my food choices last week.

With that said... I did keep up with my runs last week and did my minimum of three days, 3 miles each. This week it's back to reality! My last work trip for this year will be week of December 8th, so I have two weeks to both get rid of what I've gained as well as try and drop a few more lbs. I really would like to break out of the 140's before the new year.

I'm fasting today with the 500-600 rule, then tomorrow will do the 16:8 however I would like to try and keep my caloric intake to 1000 calories, normal eating Wed, control myself Thursday *gotta be realistic - my auntie is cooking! HEHE!*, then fast on Friday. Friday shouldn't be too hard because my daughter has cheer competition and the food is crappy where we'll be...

Alright - so I remember lightenup asking about my passes. If you're a FL resident, you have the option of getting the passes at a cheaper rate and can pay monthly, rather than a lump sum. We decided to get them since it's our first year here and it's been an amazing adventure. I love just going spontaneously. We've been to Magic Kingdom, Epcot and Typhoon Lagoon thus far. This week I think we're going to venture out to Animal Kingdom since the kids are off from school and they open until 8pm... so we'll do after work I would like to hit at least two parks this week! I never get tired of Magic Kingdom! Oh! And I live 28 miles from Disney World, so no hotels for us! Although, I would like to take a staycation next year to stay at one of their resorts!

Noname - you're doing great! I feel ya! As long as I get my days planned under my belt this week and my runs, I will roll with the week as well Helps that I'm not cooking! I'm actually buying tofu for my brother and making him a dish since he's vegetarian and I am making a pumpkin cheesecake, but it's so good that it goes quickly before I can even taste it

Spryng! Welcome! Sounds like you're doing great! Looking forward to getting to know you. I travel for work a couple of times a month, so sometimes I can't post frequently.... once I'm home though I can keep up and love our little group because it keeps my accountable and motivated!

Have a great day ladies!

Last edited by nayla; 11-24-2014 at 09:30 AM.
Old 11-26-2014, 08:48 AM   #372  

Wow! No one has checked in this week, eh? Of course that would happen when I have time to do so! Hope everyone is having a wonderful week! So far so good here.... sitting at 143.3

Have a great Thanksgiving!
Old 11-26-2014, 09:41 AM   #373  
Call me NNS!

nayla - Ahh, I forgot to post! I am here today but that is probably it for the rest of the week I am impressed with how well you do keeping to your running even while traveling. Wow, you have almost a month off? That's wonderful! Enjoy it and take advantage of it.

Curious about your pumpkin cheesecake. Do you mind sharing a recipe? I had it for the first time recently at a restaurant and loved it and have been on the search for a recipe! I've found a few, but it's always better to have a recommendation

I fasted Monday and I'm fasting today. Like I said, I'll try to fast until dinnertime tomorrow which should be easy since we are traveling, and hopefully my brother won't question it. Friday I will also try to fast while traveling, as long as no one bugs me about it! And then Saturday is mini-Thanksgiving. Whew. I got to the gym on Monday and will try to go again tonight, but they close early so I'm crossing my fingers I get out of work early and that this snow doesn't hinder my plans.
Old 11-26-2014, 07:48 PM   #374  
No excuses

S/C/G: 136/ticker/116

Hi everyone,
I'm thinking about doing IF. Not sure what it will look like for me. Probably some variation of 5:2 Does anyone spread their fast days over the week or do you do them back to back? Which is easier? I don't want to do the weekend, because being home all day with access to food would make it harder. But then during the week I face the same difficulty being home Tues and Thurs.
I will probably combine with 16:8 or do zero calorie fast days. Not sure. My scale is just so stuck and has been for a year. So I really need to bring it. The only problem I see is being weak at the gym. I love to hit the gym hard. I guess that will have to be during my eating window and rest on fast days.
I am thankful however, that I am getting past my bingeing and snacking and stress eating and am back in touch with my stomach, my brain and my taste buds!

Just so much to take in! So your tips are appreciated! I have been flipping through the thread but I haven't read 25 pages worth!
Old 11-30-2014, 08:10 PM   #375  

Hey hey! Noname - sounds like you had a great week! Hoping you had a great thanksgiving! Ha! I don't have a whole month off... Just a month off traveling I still have to work from home when I'm not traveling.

AmerhystJean - welcome! I find that a combination of 16:8 and 5:2 works really well for me. My workouts are still great even on fast days. Good luck on your IF journey! I'm honestly loving it!

Dared to get on the scale and was up to 144... Fasting tomorrow and looking forward to it! I wasn't so good today... I can tell TOM will be here next week... Usually the week before it's that way. Looking forward to my run tomorrow!

Have a great week!
Closed Thread