General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2014, 10:55 AM   #346  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

I suppose it's just me talking to myself lately, but hopefully someone will come along and post?

I had a tiny loss last week, but not below my lowest weight from 2 weeks ago. This week I will be doing 5:2 again after a month of 4:3. It was just too much for me to keep up regularly, but I will keep it in my toolbox for the next time I hit a plateau!

I normally fast on Mondays, but skipping today and fasting tomorrow instead. My bf gets his wisdom teeth out tomorrow, so I am making a nice dinner for us tonight (chicken parm, his fave) while he can eat. This should be a pretty easy week when it comes to dieting considering he will just be eating whatever his mouth lets him, so I'll probably just have all my meals separate. He is stocked up on applesauce, tomato soup and we've got plenty of potatoes to be mashed! His surgery is supposed to be a pretty easy extraction, but he took the whole week of from work anyway. Gotta burn up the sick time

I'm feeling a lot more optimistic about this week for some reason. Let's hope the scale agrees!
Old 11-12-2014, 01:22 PM   #347  
Call me NNS!

Hope everyone is doing well even though no one is around! I miss you guys!

Fast went well yesterday. It was easy to fast since my bf couldn't eat, and I was busy. His surgery went well. I was even able to get a couple tires replaced in the middle of the afternoon, so it was a productive day off work. Weight is looking promising for a loss this week, hopefully beyond my low weight of 183. I was 184 this morning - eating normally today then fasting Thursday, so I'm thinking Friday's weigh in should be below 183. But I just never know these days!!!

It's nice to be back to 5:2. Less stressful than 4:3, but hopefully the scale will move instead of staying still.
Old 11-12-2014, 04:51 PM   #348  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

Hey, NoName... my WOE is still going well and I mostly post in the Maintainer's forum these days. The good thing about IF is that I feel I need less support to stick with it. It's less draining to simply think about food less often. And since I eat less often, I don't have tight restrictions on what or how much I eat (when I do eat) so there's more joy in eating when I do eat and less to complain about. So far maintenance is going well (for the first time in my *long* history of dieting). I am trying to find a way to eat less a couple days a week (on top of the once-a-day thing) so that I can drop just a few more pounds. I guess it's kinda like 5:2.

Last edited by yoyoma; 11-13-2014 at 07:12 AM.
Old 11-13-2014, 08:49 AM   #349  
Call me NNS!

yoyma - I'm glad to hear it's working so well for you for maintenance I can't wait to get there, I'm sure it will be less stressful on the mind.

Might end up doing a 4:3 this week after what I did to myself yesterday...ugh, just couldn't stop eating! I was so hungry, and because I had pizza for lunch (staff meeting at work), I just never really got full. Tends to happen when I don't eat enough protein. So we'll see what the scale says after today's fast, but I'm thinking a Friday fast will probably be in order if I ever want to make any progress.
Old 11-15-2014, 07:38 AM   #350  

S/C/G: 158.3/148.5/135

Height: 4'11"

Hey ladies! So sorry I haven't been around. Last week was busy with family. My nephew's graduation was wonderful. When I last weight in on Sunday I was still sorting at 143.8. This past week I had to fly to an engagement in El Centro CA and I'm writing from the airplane as we speak as we just boarded in Charlotte. This past week I was able to keep up with 16:8... just had more coffee than usual and one day I didn't make the greatest choices I'm the food department. Tonight we go to Disney World (we have annual passes) then i have another engagement in Miami next week. ... I'm a sucker for Cuban foods ; ) oh I was able to at least run twice this past week as well. .. and in Miami in should be able to do the same...

Anyway. .. have to shut my phone now. I'll try to check in tomorrow to let you know how I did have a great one!
Old 11-15-2014, 07:40 AM   #351  

S/C/G: 158.3/148.5/135

Height: 4'11"

Lol sorry for my grammar .... phone auto correct
Old 11-17-2014, 09:31 AM   #352  
Call me NNS!

nayla - goodness you travel so much! I'm impressed that you've been able to stick with 16:8 regardless of that. I hope you had a good weigh-in! How was Disney?

I did a partial 4:3 last week but still only saw a .2 pound drop (we had planned to go out to dinner Friday, so I just skipped breakfast and lunch, and didn't overdo it at dinner). However, I usually bloat like 5 pounds on the weekend but my weight only went up just over 2 pounds! So it's looking like this coming week will be more successful I'm fasting today and Wednesday, and will throw in a full or partial fast on Friday if I need to.
Old 11-17-2014, 10:40 AM   #353  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Hi All, I hope you don't mind me posting here. I have been reading and researching IF for days now and decided to bite the bullet and start today. I've already lost over 55+ lbs on portion control etc and right now I'm up about 6 lbs and we are about to hit the holidays so I know I better get it off now or pay for it later but also I'm interested in IF for the health benefits. I feel like I'm in a fog most days, no energy etc. I workout 5 days a week and I'm active but at work I feel unmotivated and like I said, foggy headed so when I read IF can help with energy and mental clarity along with a slew of other health benefits I was sold. I also read it helps your workouts to do it while fasting so even better. I've been working out for months now and have seen some changes but not like I'd like so hopefully this will help shed the extra fat on top of all the muscle I've been toning.
So my name is Spryng (real name) and I'm a mother of 4 and work super long hours, 12-14 hours a day at times. I'm trying to get out of the "skinny fat" after my weightloss. I did it all without working out etc so I did get thin but I had no lean muscle or tone or strength so I've been working on that and its going well except as I said above, gotta shed more fat to see the results so I read the fast 5 plan and I think that is where I'm going to start. I see other are doing the 5:2 etc? what plan are you on and why did you choose it? I also read about the Warrior Diet and I love the concept but not sure I can wait that late in the day to enjoy one meal each day but I am hoping along with the IF to clean up my diet some too. But baby steps, I'll start with the 19:5 first, my eating window will be 1-6 pm each day and then after my body adapts to that I'll start changing what I eat and maybe even throw in some paleo days etc to boost my results, we'll see, one step at a time. I am excited to have others to share this with. I have no one around me who's ever fasted at all and they think I'm crazy of course so I'll be posting here daily for motivation and accountibility and also to share the experience
Old 11-17-2014, 08:53 PM   #354  
16/8

S/C/G: 153/151.8/133

Height: 5'6"

Hi Ladies, I'm sorry I've been lame at posting lately. I'm glad to see you're still here, though! This past week was stressful, so fasting didn't go wonderfully, although not terribly, but the past few days I've just avoided the scale altogether. I think it's PMS week (that seems to be coming around too often!) so overall I just feel bloated. And not motivated. I didn't end up doing the 36-hr fast last Thursday as I had planned, mostly because my work schedule got screwed up and completely fasting on Friday just doesn't work for me. So this week I will plan a 24-hr fast tomorrow and possibly a 36-hr fast Thursday. At least when I plan them this way, if I cheat a little it still ends up being a good fast day I wish I could get back into Fast 5, but I can't do it everyday, and I don't think 2-3 days is enough. So anyway, we'll see how this week goes. I'm not sure with TTOM coming, if I'll even make it 24 hrs!

Noname--I'm glad to hear your fasts are still going well, although I know it must be frustrating to not see the scale move much. Hopefully this week will show a good loss for you! I'm rooting for you!! I'll bet in a way that was nice to be able to have your own menu of food while your boyfriend was recuperating. Sometimes I think if it weren't for my kids and hubby, I could probably do better at fasting. Oh well, it's a trade-off, I guess!

Nayla--Wow, I sure wish we lived close to Disneyworld. You have annual passes, so how often do you go? Do you live close enough to not have to stay in a hotel? Orlando is over a 10-hr drive from here I think, but even just the hotel, tickets, etc is just too much financially for us right now. But I'll bet this season is great--no hot weather!

Welcome Spryng! That's a pretty, unique name Congrats on your loss so far, and good luck with the rest of your goal! I personally began practicing IF a couple of years ago, but I was experimenting with different methods, and then ended up going off plan because we were trying to have another baby. Recently I started back up with Fast 5, which worked really great for me over the summer, when my stress level was low. But ever since school started (for the kids) and our schedules got crazy again, Fast 5 has been more difficult. I've been experimenting again with different methods, but I haven't quite found the sweet spot yet. My Fast 5 eating window was 5:30-10:30pm, which is a bit late, but our family eats dinner late and I tend to want to enjoy a glass of wine with my husband after the kids go to bed. Maybe an earlier overall window would work better for me, so maybe I will try that next. And maybe I'll do 5 days per week and take the weekends off. I think I got burned out a little doing it pretty much 7 days a week. I hope that info helps, and certainly, if you try one IF method and it doesn't work for you, try another one! Overall it's a very versatile way of eating, and people tend to have to just figure out what works for them. And that can even change over time for each person, as I've found!
Old 11-18-2014, 07:53 AM   #355  

Lightenup2014- thanks! and thanks for the warm welcome I will definitely see where fast 5 takes me but I'm open minded to all the IF I've read about, I'm going to look into those 24 hour fasts today, I was reading about that Eat Stop Eat method, is that what you do? Let me know when you are doing your 24 or 36 hour fast and I just may join you, a lot easier to stay accountable if you have a buddy doing it with ya

well I'm sad to report I did not lose any weight this morning. I know this isn't all about weightloss but still.. sigh.. not even water weight being shed? I'm exactly the same as I was yesterday morning which is disheartening after all the hunger I went through yesterday and the million trips to the bathroom etc, I just KNEW I'd lose some water weight. I did not over eat in my 5 hour window at all and I was nice and hungry by bedtime which also tells me I defintely didn't overeat during my window. What gives? So I'm a little bummed but today is a new day and I didn't wake up hungry which is new so we'll see what today brings. I'll get my workout in in a few minutes and my window starts at 1pm so hopefully today is more productive.
Old 11-18-2014, 08:01 AM   #356  
16/8

Spryng--That's disappointing for sure, but don't get too discouraged. My very first day of Fast 5, back in May, went so well, I just KNEW I'd lost weight. Then what do you know, the scale showed a one pound GAIN the next morning. But the following morning I had lost that pound plus some, and it was downhill (as far as scale numbers!) from there. So just wait and see what the next few days look like on the scale. Or, as some might recommend, you might want to only weigh once a week to avoid the daily ups and downs. But you've been losing for a while , and maybe you're one of those who HAS to weigh everyday (like me!)
Old 11-18-2014, 08:02 AM   #357  

Ok so I'm still reading that Eat Stop Eat method and he recommends a 24 hr fast from 6pm to 6pm, that sounds much more doable.. maybe I will try that this week. Anyone want to do it with me?
Old 11-18-2014, 08:04 AM   #358  

Lightenup - yeah I'm a daily weigher to keep me accountable, I don't let the scale get me down when its doing this but it is shocking sometimes lol and I am so glad you told me this happened to you! so maybe tomorrow I'll see a slight loss or more.. my body might just be thinking, what is this girl doing? lol so I'll let it figure itself out but I do want to try a 24 hour fast for sure.
Old 11-18-2014, 09:05 AM   #359  
16/8

Hi Spryng--I am doing a 24-hr fast today, beginning from last night around 8:00pm until the same time tonight. Now that I think about it, my schedule is better for a 36-hr today and a 24-hr on Thursday (Wed. night-->Thursday night), so maybe you can do it then with me? Or join me today!
Old 11-18-2014, 09:08 AM   #360  

I can definitely join you on thursday, I'll do a 24 from 5pm weds to 5pm thurs I'm excited
Closed Thread