3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General Diet Plans and Questions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions-10/)
-   -   Is Anyone Doing Slim Fast? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions/29484-anyone-doing-slim-fast.html)

feffyy 07-18-2003 01:58 PM

Is Anyone Doing Slim Fast?

Hello all!

I have been trying to do the low carb Atkins diet for a little over a week now, and it is just not working for me.

I am going to go back on Slim Fast because I find it really easy. I drink a shake for breakfast and lunch (with fruit added) snack bar for a late snack in the afternoon. Then for dinner chicken for fish with a big plate of veggies! Very easy to follow.

Are any of you doing Slim Fast? Is it working for you? I feel all alone here. I don’t see any threads on this diet and would like to find a few buddies to share info with.

Thanks, feffyy

Heaviest: (267 pounds)
Current: (260 pounds)
First Goal (199 pounds)
Final Goal (137 pounds)

I

aphil 07-18-2003 09:38 PM

There is a meal replacement thread/Slim Fast thread here on the forum a page or two back-you can fine it by going down to the bottom of the thread listings and going back 30 or 60 days or so to find it-as of now it is on page two...
Aphil

Bev 07-18-2003 10:57 PM

feffyy,

I am also using slimfast so if you would like someone to talk to you can pm me. I also like slimfast because it is really easy and I like the taste of the shakes and bars. have you tried the slimfast ice cream, it is really really good.

well good luck with slimfast if I don't hear from you

bev

Fearitself 07-27-2003 09:04 PM

Some years ago I consumed Metrical (a heavily advertised product during the 1960s, I don't know if it still exists), a Slim-Fast like product. I liked the taste of it, and I did it for a while, I don't recall why I drifted away from it. At any rate, I can prepare cheap, fast meals like a bread with cheese slice sandwich, or a quantity of nuts, so I figure why bother with some special diet product? At any rate, I feel that it is good to have fibre moving thru your system, which I don't think you get with Slim Fast.

Idealperson 08-11-2003 11:35 AM

I am actually going to WW, but I use the shakes for a quick breakfast, I like the chocolate malt in a blender with some ice cubes and skim milk. It tastes exactly like a real malt! I also am addicted to their snack bars, especially the peanut butter crunch (tastes like a butterfinger) and the peanut nougat (that's my current fave).

What are your fave meal replacement bars? I haven't tried any of them yet...

Bev 08-11-2003 03:56 PM

I like the new granola bars out- my fav are peanut butter and chocolate chip.

bicker 08-11-2003 05:02 PM

I like Myoplex Lite bars, 190 caloires, 15 gm protein, 1 gm fiber; but my wife's favorite are Luna Bars, 180 calories, 10 gm protein, 2 gm fiber.