General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 04-06-2014, 02:32 PM   #226  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

This thread seems to have become very quiet. Don't know if anyone is still interested in this or not. Just thought I would share that this has finally come together for me.

I couldn't go the constipation of Atkins Induction so I have started raising my carb and fiber. I actually forgot for a few days that on Atkins I can subtract the fiber from the carb. I actually have the New Atkins for the New You book and they stress the fact that this is a high protein/high fiber way of eating more nutritionally. So I've used it to get thing more balanced. I've decided to try to get my carbs to the 40 g range while slowly working at raising my fiber up to 25 or 30 g.

Hope everyone is doing well.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 04:56 PM   #227  
banned

S/C/G: 80.2kg/66kg/60kg x2.2 for lb

Height: 165cm/5' 4.5"

Hi Trish I'm still around. Just been busy the last day or so and no one else to respond to.

I've got to think of something to say now. Keep posting. Others will come in from time to time.

I had lentil soup finally yesterday. I made it the same way i make the pea soup. Its quick and easy.

200gram of red lentils
2 onions
2 cloves garlic
2 cups of water per 100 grams lentils
1 sachet of tomato paste
salt

This time i had a chance to soak the lentils first but then the pressure cook seal has gone missing so i still cooked them for a while but red lentils are much quicker to cook than other lentils anyway.

Anyway all EXCEPT the salt goes in the one pot and then just cook with the lid on for a while. Add water if you can't seal it in. At the end, blend up with a bar mix, add salt. It will need a fair bit. Close to a teaspoon. But watch it. There's nothing worse than over salted food.
Pattience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 05:36 PM   #228  

Pattience Thanks for the recipe for lentils. Good to see you here. I know we all get busy. I imagine Steelslady is busy with her DD up coming graduation. I'll check back from time to time as well. Meeting y'all on this thread has totally changed my life. My fasting blood sugar is normal. It was 97 this morning and I checked it a few minutes before my yogurt snack and it was 91. So I just had to share that with y'all.

Last night I wanted something to eat and I whipped a couple of eggs and put them on to cook. I got busy and they turned out like an omelet that looked like a pancake so I put a touch of mozzarella cheese on it and folded it over and topped it with blueberry Plolaner preserves and it was really good. The Polaner is so easy to get a quick 3 g fiber in my diet.

I also got the Greek yogurt yesterday. I never liked it, but I am enjoying it with the Polaner as well. Topped it with .4 oz of walnuts today.

Now that my tummy is better, I am enjoying this way of eating as well as controlled blood sugar.
Old 04-06-2014, 07:19 PM   #229  
Going down, my way!

S/C/G: 287/240.8/180/ 3/19/16

Height: 5' 9"

Ladies, I apologize- I thought everyone left this thread for the weekend, hence why I didn't post. I am not feeling very good- I think I have bronchitis- going to the Walk In tomorrow to find out. I am still eating on plan, just a bit tired the last few days, now I know why. When I get quiet, that means I am coming down with something. For me to not want to go swimming the last four days- that should have told my family I was coming down with something, as that is my one favorite thing to do in the world.

Trish- so proud of your progress- love that your sugar levels have come down so much- wow! Sorry to hear about your constipation issues- I had the same issue with Atkins, by the fourth day, I couldn't even look at protein. I envy folks that can do it, but my body says no way, now how. The psyllium husks did nothing for me, either- tried those the last two times I attempted it- nothing changed. I know it works for others, though- good for them.

Pattience- lentil soup sounds good right about now! Just too tired to make it. I'm having hubby finish making the spaghetti and meatballs right now- I mixed up the ingredients for the meatballs, all he had to do was add the hamburger and roll them. He'll be cooking the pasta soon, I suppose I better make my butter/garlic mixture for garlic bread.

I'll try to post again later. So sorry, I didn't mean to abandon anyone. I'm glad you're both still here!

aleka, where are you? I hope everything's ok!
Steelslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 08:05 PM   #230  
banned

Good you bS is down so low.

What is the deal with greek yoghurt. I have eaten greek yoghurt since i went to greece many years ago but how is it better than other natural yoghurts. I can't figure it out.

Steel you are sick. Go to bed. Stay there. Hugs dear. I hope you are feeling better soon.

When i get a cold which usually includes laryngitis or pharyngitis or some other sort of horrible chesty thing, i have discovered rest and paracetamol helps me a lot. Otherwise, eat normally. If you are sick you won't want to overeat i would think. Keep your fluids up.
Old 04-06-2014, 08:08 PM   #231  
banned

I have found out that greek yoghurt is just yoghurt. Its the same as natural yoghurt. Perhaps people are contrasting it with sweetened yoghurt which i almost never eat.

So yeah, greek yoghurt /natural yoghurt is blood good stuff. Eat that. I love with stewed fruit. I'm having a stewed fruit phase. Right now its stewed apples, no added sugar. Just half a cup of reach and 1tsp of mixed seeds. So ******* yummy.

But like everything eat too much of it and you'll blow your calorie budget.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:49 PM   #232  
IBAlex

Default Test

Hello everybody,

my name is Alex and I'm new to 3FC. I'm here to help you with any technical problems you might encounter on the site, working as a liaison between you and the tech team. I'm testing now the issue with disappearing posts that some of you reported last week. I'm writing this post to see if the same will happen with my post.

If you encountered the problem with disappearing posts please let me know about it on the "Announcements and Forum Help" , thread "Post disappearing".

Thank you!
Alex
Old 04-07-2014, 08:26 PM   #233  
banned

Thank you Alex!
Old 04-07-2014, 11:24 PM   #234  

Steelslady Sorry you aren't feeling well. Hope you feel better soon.

Pattience I don't know what it was about Greek yogurt that I didn't like, but I love it with the Polaner.

I didn't eat low carb today. Actually I wanted something different for dinner tonight because I wasn't in the mood for a meal or to cook. I ate a serving of pecans, walnuts and a few cookies. However, I still was within my calorie count though so I feel like I good. It was a one time thing. Don't remember what the fiber was, but I did go over on my carbs. I'll check my bs before I go to bed. I guess this is one reason a constant long term Atkins Induction isn't for me.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:15 AM   #235  
banned

What is planer. I've never ever heard of it.
Isn't induction just meant to be a short term thing. I've noticed that all the low carb diets seem to be more severe in the beginning.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:12 PM   #236  

Pattience Planer?? Not sure what you mean.

Induction is short term usually 2 weeks. I used it to get my stomach straightened out get me ready so I can work toward getting fiber back into my way of eating.

Now that my stomach is ready, I am adding some fiber back into my daily plan. I'm working at eating 15 to 20 g a day right now. It has been more like 10 or less for the past week while on Induction. This has caused me to experience a lot of constipation. Time to get my system working again.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:15 PM   #237  
banned

pOLaner! My typing is hopeless. What the bleep is pOlaner? Oh i just discovered my typing is fine. Its my computer that's correcting my typing to planer.

I didn't eat very well yesterday. I didn't break my diet but i just didn't eat a proper dinner. And now i'm up before 3am, though i'm not sure the two are connected.

That Atkins thing sounds like ****.

I've got to make an admission. This nice quiet little thread is a blessing. A little oasis of calm in the raging storm of debate i'm involved in going on the rest of the site. Its wearing me out all that disagreement. I swear i think i am a receptacle of common sense and fairly sound knowledge but a lot of people here refuse to give me any credit. But what can i say. I'm just a bit of a know it all. Though i am not sure its that. I think they just don't like my views.

So with all that, its so nice to come here where we all just get on with our own basic thing because we only have a simple common principle that we all agree on.

I hope they don't all come here to start another to and fro about what i've just said and so on.

And anyway where is that LILIAN who started this little story. She's abandoned us.

And i've got this little red spot on my shoulder that was initially only a mosquito bite i think but for days and days its been this terrible erratic itch. I think i've got a worm in there. Or something odd at least. Its not even red or irritated looking but i can't go and see the doctor about it. They will think i'm a hypochondriac.

So whinge over now. I"I'm boiling two eggs. One is to eat now and the other, some other time i guess.

I swear i didn't swear up above but i can't remember what i actually did say. Bit shocked to see the swearing symbols. How stupid.

Last edited by Pattience; 04-08-2014 at 01:25 PM.
Old 04-08-2014, 03:34 PM   #238  
IBAlex

Default Test message- please disregard

Hello everybody,

my name is Alex and I'm new to 3FC. I'm here to help you with any technical problems you might encounter on the site, working as a liaison between you and the tech team. I'm testing now the issue with disappearing posts that some of you reported last week. I'm writing this post to see if the same will happen with my post.

If you encountered the problem with disappearing posts please let me know about it on the "Announcements and Forum Help" , thread "Post disappearing".

Thank you!
Alex
Old 04-08-2014, 04:32 PM   #239  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattience View Post
pOLaner! My typing is hopeless. What the bleep is pOlaner? Oh i just discovered my typing is fine. Its my computer that's correcting my typing to planer.

I didn't eat very well yesterday. I didn't break my diet but i just didn't eat a proper dinner. And now i'm up before 3am, though i'm not sure the two are connected.

That Atkins thing sounds like ****.

I've got to make an admission. This nice quiet little thread is a blessing. A little oasis of calm in the raging storm of debate i'm involved in going on the rest of the site. Its wearing me out all that disagreement. I swear i think i am a receptacle of common sense and fairly sound knowledge but a lot of people here refuse to give me any credit. But what can i say. I'm just a bit of a know it all. Though i am not sure its that. I think they just don't like my views.

So with all that, its so nice to come here where we all just get on with our own basic thing because we only have a simple common principle that we all agree on.

I hope they don't all come here to start another to and fro about what i've just said and so on.

And anyway where is that LILIAN who started this little story. She's abandoned us.

And i've got this little red spot on my shoulder that was initially only a mosquito bite i think but for days and days its been this terrible erratic itch. I think i've got a worm in there. Or something odd at least. Its not even red or irritated looking but i can't go and see the doctor about it. They will think i'm a hypochondriac.

So whinge over now. I"I'm boiling two eggs. One is to eat now and the other, some other time i guess.

I swear i didn't swear up above but i can't remember what i actually did say. Bit shocked to see the swearing symbols. How stupid.
I really never thought about much about Polaner until (I think it was) Steel mentioned using it for fiber. I used it yesterday on a pork chop and it was delicious.

Hey, you didn't say anything wrong that I could see. Feel free to share. I feel like this thread has helped me a lot. Hope the place on your shoulder heals up quickly.

As for Atkins, I think it is a good plan. I just can't stay on induction long term. I've tried it before and I never make it through the 2 weeks. Usually stay on it a week to 10 days. Made a week this time.

What I really like about this thread is that we are doing fiber, but we are doing it our own way and no one criticize the other. We just share what we are doing and we learn from each other.

Hope you were able to get some sleep.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:58 PM   #240  

Calories 1361 and fiber 24. Good day.

Carbs are higher but it can't be helped trying to get fiber up where it is.

Steelslady Hope you are feeling better today.

Pattience Hope you got some rest today.