Help!!! Should I change my weight loss goal?

• *Help!!! Should I change my weight loss goal?

Well, I just had a slap in the face.

Currently, my weight lose goal is to get to 135lbs with a 22% body fat.

I been the math based on my last body fat% which was 42.5 and 243 lbs (I last measured bring then and that was my weight. Gives me a lean body mass of approx 140 lbs.*

Now I don't want to lose any more muscle, I like my strength and would like to ha e more upper body strength. With that being said, to meet my goals I'd have to lose 35 lbs of muscle. ...isn't that a bad thing?

Now if I didn't lose any muscle my weight would have to be 180 (and who said we wouldn't use algebra after high school).

So what you guys think? I don't want to set my goal too high, but I also don't want to work towards something that is unattainable either. Your thoughts, please.

_______
  • This is so far and so much work into the future that I question on what your focus really is. What does it matter anyway? If you lose another 20lbs you'll feel completely differently about it then, and will continue to feel differently as you lose weight.

I don't have a goal really. I'll be happy if I settle at 160 or go below 150. It's just not the point. My final result will be to be free of food thoughts, binging and food addiction. I know that if I fix that then I'll be happy with whatever I end up looking like. I'd probably be happy at this weight right now if I wasn't preoccupied with binging all the time. So sorry, I cannot look that far into the future with you and if I were in your shoes I'd definitely change my goal from that of a number to that of a state of health.
  • I agree with wanna be skinny.
    Don't get bogged down on the exact goal until you get closer.
    I had set 140 lbs as my far-off seems-like-it-should-be goal based on a mixture of BMI and inability to figure out what I'd look like when I'm thinner.
    The number is not a problem. Besides that, your body will decide it's own ideal weight. For instance, I feel sloppy over 132 lbs but it's extremely difficult for me to get below 129 lbs. I think that your set point will come out once you get down to it.
    Also, sometimes it's unavoidable to lose muscle. You will do it, really. You can't keep all the muscle you have. I had tons of muscle but that was to support all my weight. I didn't need it anymore after I lose a lot of my body fat. Now I'm building muscle where it counts.
    But yeah. Just be patient and don't focus so much on the numbers. Life rarely works out that way. It's the journey, not the destination