General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 05-17-2016, 10:24 AM   #496  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

lovemylife - you don't even need to go to Aldi's if you don't want to. They have them at every grocery store in a lot of brands. You'll see that they usually say right on the front "NO SALT ADDED."

sundove - Totally relieved at the BP. I've been around 300mg sodium for a few days. I don't know if that's bad or not. Mostly from my two eggs (80mg each) and a few things here and there, but with the diuretic and drinking a lot more water I think my levels may be kind of funky. I've been getting some cramps, muscle twitching and bruises that will not go away. That's a sure sign to me that my potassium and magnesium levels are funky. I have a follow up with my doctor in late June.

I'm super nauseated today. I didn't sleep well (my husband is sick and was tossing and turning, coughing and sneezing) and then I took a zinc tablet with my breakfast. Ugh, my stomach has been turning since then! I should have known.

Anyway, hope you guys are doing well
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 10:55 AM   #497  
lovemylife001

S/C/G: 180/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7

Good Morning Everyone

I hope that everyone had a great weekend. We had snow on Sunday I was so surprised to see snow lol. So I waited for the snow to stop and then Hazel and I went for our walk.

Munchy Sorry about the cramps, muscle twitching and bruising. I found when I was taking water pills I had some stomach cramping as well And everytime I take zinc I feel nausea, I don't know what it is. Also, I did find the no salt added beans and I bought some diced tomatoes without the salt. I hope that you are feeling better soon

Sundove How are you doing?

Have a great day everyone
lovemylife001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 09:43 PM   #498  

Ladies!
lovemylife Snow in May???? That's crazy! We had a rain squall here yesterday, which is really late in the season. It's great how you and Hazel get that outdoors time.

Munchy How're you doing?

I'm doing okay, struggling with my eating, though. I am working on an exercise program that doesn't mess with a sore hip. I have 3 different practitioners lined up to help me solve what's going on with it so that I might someday be able to do elliptical machine & yoga--those are things that I love. Getting in some birdwatching hikes here when it's sunny. And getting my food prepped for the week. I feel cabin fever--longing for school to be out and summer vacation to begin, except I'm neither a student nor teacher.

Last edited by Sundove; 05-23-2016 at 12:28 AM.
Sundove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 09:20 AM   #499  

Lovemylife snow? I'd be so happy Glad to see you found the beans and the tomatoes. I think most of their fit and active line has no salt added to the canned items. I buy a ton of those petite diced tomatoes. I probably have like 8 cans because I keep forgetting that I have them, ha!

sundove I hope your team can figure out what's going on so you can get back to doing what you love. Prepping is my heart.

Same old here. I'm also just trucking along. Last week I felt like I may have lost weight. Things looked better. Then my husband told me a few times that I looked tiny. I don't weigh myself very often because it upsets me more than helps, but I feel good!
Old 06-03-2016, 08:58 AM   #500  

Hi, everyone!
Old 06-13-2016, 09:03 AM   #501  

S/C/G: 1400 calories a day

Hi Everyone! I'm still here and applying Volumetrics to my calorie counting. I'm still trying to stay within my 1400 calories a day. My goal was to lose 40 pounds in a year. July 17th will be my end date as I started calorie counting last year at that time. I weighed in this morning and I'm 35 pounds lighter. So, I just might make it. If not, I'm still lighter than a year ago; and it will be okay.

I have been making home made salsa lately for snacks and counting out my chips so I stay under 200 calories per "snack episode". So good and filling. Hope you all are having a wonderful summer!
Teddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 12:57 PM   #502  

Hi, Teddie! I also calorie count while doing volumetrics.

Lately I've been feeling a little off, but my calories have remained consistent. I weighed myself and I gained 4lbs since last year! Oddly enough, people keep telling me that I lost weight. Either way, I need to get a move on - 10lbs to go!
Old 06-29-2016, 09:58 AM   #503  

Are you guys around?
Old 07-04-2016, 09:25 AM   #504  

I'm still here. I have been checking out the FB page for WW recipes. There are some really delicious casseroles lower in calories. I have one in the oven now. I changed up some of the ingredients to use what I have on hand:

1 head cabbage
1 can diced tomatoes with chilies (WW recipe called for 2)
2 onions, S & P and garlic powder to season
1 jar peach mango salsa (WW recipe called for tomatoe sauce)
4 cups skinless rotisserie chicken (WW recipe called for 1 lb ground turkey)
15 oz. fat free ricotta cheese

Layer cabbage, chicken and sauce mix and repeat. Spread container of ricotta cheese, cover with foil and bake 40 minutes at 350. Take foil off and bake another 20 minutes.

Some of their recipes are too high in calories for me, but their casseroles are pretty good. I usually use very lean ground beef (96/4) or chicken.

Hope you are all having a wonderful summer.

Last edited by Teddie; 07-04-2016 at 09:27 AM.
Old 07-05-2016, 09:19 AM   #505  

Sounds good! Yesterday I had a few peppers I wanted to use up, so I made two versions of stuffed peppers - one was BBQ chicken (190 cals), and the other buffalo chicken (182 cals). I have one here for work and my husband has the other. I wonder how they'll taste.

I've been slacking with the summer. Still tracking, but just not prepping so much and eating a lot of things that don't agree with me. Today I'm back on the grind and have pre-planned my next few days (and cooked a lot yesterday).
Old 07-05-2016, 09:39 AM   #506  

Hi Munchy, Teddie, lovemylife

Same here, got bored with my go-to foods and tired of tracking. And the usual consequences ensued . I'm trying some new foods. I like to stick to the same thing, once I have some things I like that don't equire too much planning & thought. After 3 yrs of salad, which I love, I realize I was tired of it. And no more turkey chili for a while. I love it but am sensitive to nightshades. I've turned in to a picky eater! Today will be zoodles & and the last of the marinara with ground turkey.

Last edited by Sundove; 07-05-2016 at 09:39 AM.
Sundove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 09:53 AM   #507  
lovemylife001

S/C/G: 180/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7

Good Morning Everyone

Sorry, I've been MIA. I'm back lol. I hope that you three are doing great? How was everyone's 4th of July? I made tons of food but didn't over indulge

Munchy I've been a little off with my eating. I'm trying to shake up this old metabolism lol But I do plan to go back to Volumetrics eventually. It's really a great plan. How is your summer going so far?

Sundove I also am burned out on salads. I use to love them in the summer but not so much this year. I've never tried zoodles. I've seen them in the health food store that I go to. I may have to try them one day.

Teddie

It's time for I'll be back later. I'm on vacation this week so I'm thrilled about that. I really needed this break. Have a great day everyone

Last edited by lovemylife001; 07-05-2016 at 09:54 AM.
lovemylife001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 06:23 PM   #508  

Does anyone gain weight during hot, humid weather? I was up four pounds during a humid heat wave recently. I know it was water weight as my feet, hands and face were puffy. As soon as the weather cooled, the four pounds came off over night.

Hi Sundove, Lovemylife and Munchy. Hope you all realize your weightloss/maintenance dreams! I have 25 pounds to Onderland. That's my first goal, and it feels so within my reach now.

Last edited by Teddie; 07-05-2016 at 06:28 PM.
Old 08-04-2016, 09:56 AM   #509  

Hello, everyone!

Lately I've been really down - the heat equals depression for me, and it's been a rough month or so.

Anyway, after having my cathartic crying session (it's been bottled up for all of this time), I'm ready to get back into the game. I'm trying to fake it until I make it.

Yesterday was an awesome day, and today will be just as great!

Thinking of you all
Old 08-21-2016, 06:26 PM   #510  

Default hi

Hi kind of new to volumetrics. I have tried it a few times but two things kept me from doing it. (1) when I diet, typically after a few weeks, my stomach turns off... so I am not hungry. And (2) typically high volume foods aren't the type of thing you can pick up when you are rushing around at work on on transport.

Every time I try doing volumetrics it does get sabotaged by my inability to get high volume low calorie foods.

So I was wondering if you had any ideas --what are your favorites.
Right now I am looking at
- baked potato
- soup
- veggies, salad,
- beets in Apple cider vinegar
- cucumbers in apple cider vinegar
- shitacki noodles
- Oatmeal
- shakes
- water
- popcorn

Other thoughts?