Smoothies and blenders

• So I get paid Friday and I think it's time to start making these great smoothies and protein shakes I keep reading about. However the blender I have. Sucks. Lol won't even grind up bread. So... I want to hear what blenders do you use for your smoothies and shakes. Or how do you make them. I will be buying it Friday so I can start replacing my lunch with a shake / smoothie
  • I have a Kitchen Aid blender....it was a little pricey but well worth the money. I have had at least 4 other blenders in the last 20 years and they haven't done as good a job as the Kitchen Aid and they didn't last very long. As you know from the blender you already have - you get what you pay for! It chews up ice and fruit and vegs like nobody's business!
  • After going through 3 blenders (I burnt them out) within a year, I bought a Vitamix. It has lasted 8 years so far and it keeps going.
  • Quote: After going through 3 blenders (I burnt them out) within a year, I bought a Vitamix. It has lasted 8 years so far and it keeps going.
    Same here! I finally caved in and bought my Vitamix 3 years ago and absolutely love it. It's money well spent!
  • I just bought a Nutribullet. It blends everything up really well so there aren't any chunks. It was $99 from Wal-Mart
  • I got a Ninja food processor, blender thing for Christmas and it's been great on blending things up
  • I have a Vitamix I got for Christmas this year. I love it! It's been great for doing smoothies (especially green) and protein drinks.
  • definitely a Vitamix! I throw banana peels (look it up...tons of extra fiber ad nutrition!) and everything into my smoothies and they come out as smooth as you would buy in any establishment.
  • I have a ninja and its great!