3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General Diet Plans and Questions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions-10/)
-   -   When it feels like you're doing everything "right", but the weight won't budge. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions/290083-when-feels-like-youre-doing-everything-right-but-weight-wont-budge.html)

Xuzi 11-26-2013 11:15 AM

When it feels like you're doing everything "right", but the weight won't budge.

I'm at a loss. For the past 18 months I've been yo-yo'ing the same 5 pounds, and I don't really know what other healthy changes to make in my life that might help get them off. Here's what I feel like I'm doing right:

*Eat whole, non-processed foods 95% of the time. Lots of fruits and veggies and lean meats.
*Exercise (both cardio and resistance) 5-6 days a week, for 45-60 minutes at a time.
*Count my calories to keep them within a 1400-1600 cal/day range. (I've gone above and below that for periods of time as well, and it hasn't made a difference)
*Drink lots of water.
*Get 7-8 hours of sleep a night.

I did even try going organic over the summer, but the only thing that went down was my bank balance. :p

I just don't know what to do to get these last 10 pounds off that I want to lose (I'm 155, would like to get to 145, which I've weighed before, just before I had my last baby 4 years ago). I know I have a lot of muscle on my body, from the resistance training, but I also have a lot of fat on my stomach (I'm an apple) that just won't budge.

I don't want to do anything drastic though. I tried going low-carb a couple of years ago and lost a lot of weight, but also had an almost constant low-grade headache. Now I focus on doing "lower-carb", limiting my carbs to those that come from my fruits and veggies, and very occasionally some sugar.

I'm just at a loss of what to do. Any suggestions?

SparklyBunny 11-26-2013 02:52 PM

I'm no expert and probably don't have the answer, but what sort of macronutrient intake do you have? Also, do you happen to know your body fat percentage?

You could also google "stubborn body fat" and read more about that. There are all kinds of specific tricks that people use to get rid of it when regular dieting doesn't seem to work anymore. Well, they're not tricks :-) But you know...it becomes harder at some point and one must get a bit more thorough with the dieting and timing and exercising and macronutrient intake.

Suzanne 3FC 11-28-2013 01:46 PM

It's possible that 1400-1600 calories is your maintenance level. How much lower have you gone to try to put yourself back into weight loss mode? We're all different and many of us, myself included, require fewer calories. As long as you carefully select your foods for their nutrients, which it sounds like you do, then you should be okay with fewer calories.

IanG 11-28-2013 02:55 PM

It sounds to me like your body is where it needs to be weightwise.

I can't shift past 170.

For me, I exercise a lot so there is muscle development going on which really messes with weightloss at lower weights. And I am well past the point in my journey now where I am willing to sacrifice nutrients for weightloss. So any drastic changes to my diet are out.

So I am increasingly ignoring the scale and using the mirror more instead.

But if you really want to lose that belly fat....start running. 5k a day should do it.