3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   General Diet Plans and Questions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions-10/)
-   -   Eating Gluten Free (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/general-diet-plans-questions/289369-eating-gluten-free.html)

willow49 11-02-2013 07:10 PM

Eating Gluten Free

My husband has gone gluten free in the last 2 months after he read Wheat Belly. I am not recommending this for anyone, but his symptoms have improved, he has more energy, and he has lost 15 ounds. Anyways, I too am now eating more gluten free products because-let's face it, I don't want to prepare 2 meals. I am curious what peoples thoughts on the subject.

nelie 11-02-2013 10:21 PM

I say do what feels right to you.

I'll never be gluten free myself. I believe what works for me is a more well rounded diet including various grains.

Palestrina 11-03-2013 07:48 AM

There's a lot of truth to the gluten free lifestyle. You have to do what works for you. I find that being gluten free makes me crazy, but I find that being gluten full also makes me crazy. I have to have the right balance and that means limiting gluten quite a bit but not eliminating it altogether. Besides that, gluten free alternatives taste like c*** so I like to go naturally gluten free rather than using substitutions.

Munchy 11-04-2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willow49 (Post 4875552)
My husband has gone gluten free in the last 2 months after he read Wheat Belly. I am not recommending this for anyone, but his symptoms have improved, he has more energy, and he has lost 15 ounds. Anyways, I too am now eating more gluten free products because-let's face it, I don't want to prepare 2 meals. I am curious what peoples thoughts on the subject.

I went gluten free about four months ago due to many stomach issues, and my parents followed about two months ago when I suggested that my father try it to alleviate a skin problem.

I eat a lot of naturally gluten free foods, like wannabeskinny. "Breakfast foods" include crustless quiche, hash browns, eggs, omelettes, bacon, sausage, etc.

For lunch I tend to eat soup almost daily (I actually eat a cup of soup for breakfast and for lunch most of the time), but have known to eat sandwich fillings wrapped in greens like lettuce, kale, collard greens, or even a hollowed out cucumber to make a "sub."

Dinners include any and everything, but mainly end up being stew, chili, or a bean based dish. For pasta, I tend to use zucchini as lasagna or zucchini noodles. If I'm making chicken noodle soup, for example, I use rice sticks from my local Asian grocery. I keep a crushed corn chex/spice mixture on hand to be used as bread crumbs, and I use tamari instead of soy sauce, and tex-Mex is an easy go-to with corn tortillas to be used as tacos, quesadillas, etc.

There is little else that I need to "swap."

willow49 11-10-2013 07:32 PM

Thanks Munchy, I have been buying the rice noodles for pasta. I will definitely try the zucchini noodles