General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 10-15-2013, 11:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: SW:171 CW:see ticker GW 120

Height: 5'1

Default breakfast help still not full

ive tried cereal ive tried a bagel and ive tried oatmeal with fixins.i cant find something to keep me full from 10-2 or even till 1 its agervating and im at my wits end.

i like quick and easy meals
skittlesfirehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 11:50 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 69kg/65/60

Height: 5ft

Maybe you need a snack in between, does your plan allow that? Maybe even a hot drink, eg, skinny cappuccino.
happybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:13 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 300/280/150

Height: 5'7

Everything you mentioned that you have tried is high carbs. Even if you are eating whole grains they are still high carb enough to spike your blood sugar and create the sensation of hunger. Some people do ok with carbs for breakfast but everyone is different. If you are feeling hungry after carby breakfasts try protein rich breakfasts instead. Personally, nothing satisfied me more than a couple eggs. A few veggies in the mix, like a spinach omelet, or peppers and eggs, for example, are best. To feel even more satiated it helps to have a bit of fat in there, so a bit of cheese certainly won't hurt if you are not sensitive to it.
AprilRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:47 AM   #4  
OMW to a brand new me!

S/C/G: 312/seeticker/135

Height: 5'1"

Have some protein. Carbs just make for more hunger.

I usually have a chia pocket with egg and cheese, or a breakfast sandwich. If I do have oatmeal, I add some peanut butter.

I also eat something every few hours. For example

6am- vitamins coffee banana
8am breakfast
10am fiber one granola bar
12pm lunch
2pm snack (string cheese or fruit)
4pm snack (the opposite of 2pm)
5-630 work out
630-7 dinner

Add about 90oz of water and vitamins...there is my day.

It works for me. But for sure try adding some protein
lazylioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 01:17 AM   #5  
trying to impress myself

S/C/G: 296/see ticker!/140

Height: 5'4"

i agree- you might want to add some protein in the mix. there are a couple of go to breakfasts i eat:

light english muffin/toast (whole wheat) with peanut butter and a hard boiled egg OR a low fat greek yogurt

low fat greek yogurt with some kind of fruit and a some low calorie granola

i make these spinach egg "muffins": basically, i take a thin slice of low sodium ham or turkey, line a muffin tin, and add a mix of eggs) 3 whole and 3 egg whites) and cooked spinach and onion, bake, and voila, i got breakfast for a week (2 per serving).

you can maybe make the egg muffins or something like it and eat it for a snack between breakfast and lunch.
fillupthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 01:41 AM   #6  
Pretty Is As Pretty Does

S/C/G: 293/290/135

Height: 5'6

Maybe try putting a fat with your protein, full faster and longer ex like mixing sour cream with eggs!
SarahLaughsAlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 07:57 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Protein. If I have carbs in the morning, especially the ones you mentioned then I'm hungry just one hour later.
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 08:52 AM   #8  
High Fat/Low Carb=Happy!

Height: 5'9" Age: 50

Put 3 oz of lean meat and 1/2 oz of cheese on top of 1/2 of a whole wheat bagel. If you're vegetarian use 2 egg whites + one whole egg instead of meat.

Stop eating the darned clementines if you still are, the fructose is spiking your blood sugar. There is no such thing as any individual fruit or vegetable that helps you lose weight. You want diet food, up your low starch veggie intake -- IOW, eat more salads.
ReNew Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:18 AM   #9  
it's always something

Hi Skittles! I see you posted this question last week, and there were a lot of great responses http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/gene...t-missing.html

As a new member, you probably don't realize that it's easy to locate your previous posts by clicking your username, then going to "Find More Posts by skittlesfirehawk"

I hope that helps
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 12:45 AM   #10  
not for anyone but me

S/C/G: 223/175/149

Height: 5'5"

My breakfast consists of:
150g egg whites-about 70 calories
stir fry peppers (frozen)- 25 calories
hash browns 84g- 80 calories
center cut bacon 15g- 50 calories
_________
295 calories

of course things vary from day to day. but this is A LOT of food. Filling and yummy :3
raworz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 08:23 AM   #11  

I used to eat eggs on greens for quite awhile. However, I've recently switched to Dr. Davis's flax seed cereal recipe, adapted to my body.

1/3 cup ground (organic) flax seed
2/3 cup water
Microwave 2 minutes. Top with stevia, cinnamon, unsweetened flaked coconut, walnuts, and for me a smidge of cream.

Also have 1/4 cup of berries with this.

This is very filling! It is also great for optimizing other phases of the digestive process.

(Play with the water to flax seed ratio to optimize this to your body. Dr. D's recommendation was for more flax seed than this and less water, but that had less than optimal effects for me.)
deetermined2 is offline   Reply With Quote