General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 08-25-2013, 10:40 PM   #1  
Beginning!

S/C/G: 190/ticker!/135

Height: 5'6

Default 30 Day Shred - Starting TODAY!

Started Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred today, and man this woman kicked my butt. I am opening this thread to keep myself accountable daily! Also trying to drink more water than I usually do.

Wish me luck!
DeeDeeHunnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:31 AM   #2  
Bells For Her

S/C/G: 156/112/105

Height: 5'1 and a half!

Good Luck!

I started yesterday to try and push me through the last few pounds and once I got through the workout and thought: "Oh that was really easy." Well, it was hard but I thought it would be worse.

Anyway, I did it again today and it feels like I've been beaten up!
belmagick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:18 PM   #3  
Beginning!

S/C/G: 190/ticker!/135

Height: 5'6

Yes! Before I knew it, it was over, and now my legs are aching. But man I felt incredible afterwards. I did insanity last year and just the thought of working out like now de-motivated me. I like this much better for now until I can conquer something else!
DeeDeeHunnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:25 PM   #4  
*Shakes fist at regain*

S/C/G: 150ish/ 114 / 109

Height: 5'

Good luck, DeeDee!

I like 30DS. I did the first 10 days, but then drifted to other exercise. I want to be more consistent with it again so I can finish all the levels.

I found it really challenging when I first started it. I had been neglecting my upper body, and JM doesn't.

Yesterday, I did it again for the first time in over a month. It had me dripping in sweat, just like old times. I love workouts that are tough enough to do that, but not so tough that I want to cry.

Would you say Insanity is far more intense than 30DS? Is it the exercise itself that's tougher or the length? I remember hearing those workouts are long, but I may be confusing that comment with P90x.
crispin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 04:51 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 206/201/160

Height: 5'9"

I've done four days so far. Skipped a day bc my fiancé messes with me while I do it. Hopefully he won't bother me while I do it tomorrow. It gets me dripping, more than my original workouts. Push-ups are hard. Mixing of strength training and cardio get my heart rate up as if I was running for my life. I have a knee that pops every time I jump but doesn't hurt, just annoying feeling. I hate that feeling of my heart wanting to jump out of my chest, but then again I love it bc I know I'm working out hard enough to lose weight.

@crispin, never did insanity, but it looks tougher than at least level one of 30 day shred.
overonica88o is offline   Reply With Quote