I'd love your opinion...

• What one item would you like to see improved/invented so it would be a little less "guilty??
    "
  • Butter...it's so wonderful on and in almost everything and I just don't eat it anymore.
  • The ultimate invention for me:

Fat free, low-calorie CHOCOLATE! Really smooth, creamy, delicious chocolate with no guilt.

Yeah. Right.
  • Booze
    and bacon,
    Sorry, thats two.
  • Yeah, bacon and chocolate! I go along with that! I could live without the bacon but NOT the chocolate
  • cracking up at this thread...
    Well, they have made diet versions of the butter, bacon, and chocolate, and the booze!!!
    Here are my picks of them all:
    1.) booze-not any sort of liquor or anything, but they do have a lower calorie/low carb beer out there now-I am not really a beer person, but it isn't too bad. Michelob Ultra I believe it is called-and like 90 or 95 calories a bottle and only a couple of carbs if you are on a low carb diet. Another good choice if youa re out is a dry champagne or glass of white wine for about 100-150 calories. It is really the foo-foo fruity drinks and anything made with a blender (margeritas, daquiris, etc.) that really have a ton of calories. Another option is an ameretto and Diet Coke-an average one at a bar would be about 150 calories. The key with alcahol is to stop at ONE drink...easy for me because I am usually the "driver" when we go out.
    2.)bacon-I HATE turkey bacon, it doesn't taste like bacon! They do have a regular pork bacon out that is reduced fat/leaner cut-it is by Gualtney, and they sell it at Wal-Mart, and it is pretty good. If they have the regular Gualtney bacon at your local Wal-Mart, then go on their website and ask customer service to carry it in your local store-I have asked them to carry certain products like that in ours and they usually do it no problem.
    3.)Chocolate-we are never going to be able to eat mounds of it without gaining, but in smaller amounts I have found the best to be either the Carbolite chocolate bars (for low carb diets) and the Sweet Success bars (for lower cal or point diets) to be the best. Carbolite are usually in the section with the low carb or nutrition bars, and the Sweet Success bars are in a green bag with the bagged chocolate candy-like the minitature size candy bars instead of on a rack with the full sized ones. (The Sweet Success are only about 80-100 calories for a bar that is about halfway between the size of a miniature and a full sized candy bar.)
    4.)Butter-I have found the best margerine spread to be the I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Light! You still want to use it sparingly, but it is 50 calories per tablespoon compared to 100 for regular butter or margerine, and it has the best taste. It has a little fat, but the total fat free margerines are AWFUL, and they don't melt well. The ICBINB spray is good for popcorn or vegetables, but sometimes like on a baked potato where you want more moisture, you really need a few calories and would want the spread.
    Hope this helps you all with some of those "forbidden" treats!
    Aphil