General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 08-12-2013, 10:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Default IF breakfast question

I've been doing IF for a few weeks and I'm pleased with my new eating patterns, especially now that I have zero interest in food between meals. I usually wake up by 7am, drink coffee and then have my first meal around 11 or 12 and then have my final meal around 7.

My problem is in the morning. I have coffee with a little half n half and the coffee seems to upset my stomach. It makes me nauseous. Sometimes I can power through until it goes away but I sometimes cave in and eat a few almonds or a piece of fruit or a small cup if yogurt. I'm not sure what to do about this because I'm not eating out hunger but because I'm feeling ill.

Has anyone experienced this and how did you handle it?
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 10:04 AM   #2  

I should also point out that I do not drunk coffee throughout the day. I have just the one cup which I savor because its my me-time before the baby wakes and all chaos ensues lol. Occasionally I'll have a cup of decaf green tea in the afternoon but not always.
Old 08-12-2013, 12:41 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/240/150

Height: 5'10

Coffee and dairy is pretty known for this effect. It seems like you're dealing with
Really well. The I thing I Have work best for me is putting a small amount of something in my stomach before the coffee, like a half price of toast or some fruit.
I dunno if this is the type of fix you're, looking for, since it doesn't change much to what you're already doing, but I find it effective since I don't like to eat much in the morning
RileyRiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:39 PM   #4  

I have been having a few almonds with my coffee but since during IF you're not supposed to have any calories during fasting that messes everything up right?