Has Anyone Tried Genetix?

• I'm a week into doing Genetix. I got it through a Groupon. I had never heard of it before the Groupon and cannot find a single person who has any experience with it. Has anyone here tried it? I'm curious what you thought about it.

Thanks!
  • Never even heard of it, but wish you the best of luck!
    Maybe you could explain a bit about it and who knows, maybe someone likes the program and may join you!
  • Let me tell you what I know about the diet so far. They start you out on a three day fruit and vegetable only detox. It's a one time only thing. You can eat as much as you want as long as it's fruit and you can have a vegetable only salad for lunch and dinner. Once that is done, you move into Phase II which is a strict, but livable diet. Three meals a day plus four snacks from a limited food list. I do feel like I'm eating constantly and I can't complain about being hungry. After this phase, they'll start adding food into the diet plan.

The real "gimmick" of the diet, if you will, is that you speak to a counselor by phone everyday. The counselor is knowledgeable, in my opinion. You discuss what you've eaten, your daily weigh-in, your mood, etc.

Like I said before, I got this through a Groupon or I don't know that I would have tried it. So far, I've had a pretty good experience. I've lost 8.4 pounds in 9 days (I have about 70 pounds to lose) and other than the detox phase, it's been pretty easy. I don't feel that it is extreme or unhealthy in any way. I guess the question for me is going to be is it worth the money once the Groupon is over to continue with it.