General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 12-03-2013, 01:50 PM   #466  

Missesmiff.
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:09 AM   #467  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

MissesmiffWELCOME!!!
I'm still here. Lurk more than post mainly because I can't always get anything to type on this 3fc. I'm still doing well with my eating and enjoying what I'm doing. Hope everyone is doing well.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 10:18 AM   #468  

Old 12-16-2013, 08:01 PM   #469  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Just a check in for me. I'm still happily maintaining my weight. I'm about to go on my first business trip so this should be interesting to find food on the go. But I was so excited to go shopping for an outfit this time around. Slacks I'm a size 3 and small top. I pass a mirror and I still can't believe that is me. Crazy. But even through thanksgiving I maintained. No gain. I can't tell you how happy I am with this plan. My best friend just started doing it after seeing my results and she's down 7 lbs in two weeks. Just amazing.
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 11:03 PM   #470  

S/C/G: 212/156/145

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by spryng View Post
Just a check in for me. I'm still happily maintaining my weight. I'm about to go on my first business trip so this should be interesting to find food on the go
I'm not maintaining but next week I'm going "home for the holidays". I'm staying at my parents' house. It's currently vacant and has all the creature comforts except for TV, internet, and a WORKING REFRIGERATOR! So it's going to be a real struggle. I can drink room temp water. That's no problem. I can rely on bars and shakes (which I don't normally do but at least they require no cooling) for breakfast.

So lunch and dinner will be a problem. I can eat at my mom's assisted living place but it's very limited. I can do salad for lunch but will have to buy it at the grocery store every day. I'm not sure what dinner holds in store for me. I have to completely rethink how I do dinner. Still finding that this intuitive thinking requires a GREAT deal of forethought.
Mad Donnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 10:17 AM   #471  

I think I'd be eating out a lot though I don't like eating out.
Old 12-21-2013, 08:29 AM   #472  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolr3639 View Post
I think I'd be eating out a lot though I don't like eating out.
Carol, eating out works well for me because DH and I can choose different meals. When I cook at home I tend to cook to satisfy his tastes, and that usually includes too many carby foods. I try to work around it by skipping the carbs but they get too tempting for me, especially when there's leftovers.

Good job, Spryng and Mad Donnelly!

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 12-21-2013 at 08:30 AM.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 10:22 AM   #473  

Hi all! Thought I'd pop into see how IE and the holidays worked for you this year. I had a business trip a few days before Xmas which was stressful and resulted in a canceled flight etc so I ended up losing 3 lbs while I was gone so I'm currently 112 lbs. I'm hoping once life settles back down I'll even back out at 115 again. I just haven't had much of an appetite and don't want to force food down me. Still listening to my body
I am so grateful to IE, for the first time in 15 years losing weight will not be my New Years resolution. Feels foreign to me but good lol
So how is everyone doing? Ready for the new year?
Old 12-28-2013, 11:42 AM   #474  

Hi Spyring. When I was a teen I was your height and 115. Never even thought about what I ate.
Old 12-29-2013, 09:59 AM   #475  

What size were you when you were my height and weight?
Old 12-29-2013, 01:32 PM   #476  

I'm 64 now and I think sizing was different then but I was a ten.
Old 12-29-2013, 05:38 PM   #477  

Very true. Sizes have changed a lot over the years and now some stores do vanity sizing etc.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:48 PM   #478  

Hi. =) I'm Mel. I just heard of Intuitive Eating a few weeks ago (late to the party, I guess). The whole string-of-events started about a month ago when I decided I need to address the anxiety and self-esteem issues that have been eating me alive. I found that I had long ago purchased but never read Dale Carnegie's "How to Stop Worrying and Start Living", and that the audiobook was available to listen free on youtube. After listening and following along, I realized mine isn't a one-book problem; I've got some major work to do before I'm comfortable in my skin and my life.

I searched Amazon for materials that could help me. One of the first things I purchased was "Beautiful You: a Daily Guide to Radical Self-Acceptance". This is a 365-day journaling project. Surfing through "people who bought this also liked this" paths, I found and ordered the "Intuitive Eating" book and audiobook, "50 Ways To Soothe Yourself Without Food", "Eat What You Love; Love What You Eat", and a few other various things running the gamut of eating, stress, anxiety, and self-esteem. (I binge-buy when I get on a roll.) While I was waiting for those to come in, I googled this "Intuitive Eating" that I'd just found out about and discovered your threads. I read all through the first thread, which led me to "Overfed Head". I downloaded and read the pdf earlier this week, and also ordered "7 Secrets of Slim People". (*Sheesh!* I should now have all the books I need to get me through 2014!)

All my materials have arrived now, but other than reading OH, I've not really gotten started yet. I made a conscious decision that I WOULD NOT start working on this 1/1, as that would be too New-Years'-Resolution-y, which would doom me to failure. (I hate New Years Resolutions. But I try to implement things quite often, such as quitting drinking 11/15, so I try to tell myself starting something at the beginning of the year is just a coincidence.) This past week I just observed that I often eat when not hungry and eat until I'm over-full. Now I'm about ready to start in earnest.

As far as diets in my history, I've been on a lot. Most recently, I started Weight Watchers mid-2011 and lost about 35 lbs by the end of the year, stayed with it but lost nothing more by mid-2012, quit Weight Watchers, and just started to embrace the whole "real food" movement since then. I gained back about 10 of the 35 lbs I'd lost as I rebound-ate from the diet, and as I learned that real food tastes real good!

I'm so over any interest in dieting now. I'm just interested in learning to like myself and treat myself kindly, and IE fits in. I'm so overweight that I'm pretty confident it'll eventually result in some weight loss, but I'm not on any timetable. I think learning these eating skills are very worthwhile and will help me learn to deal with rather than bury my anxiety. I figure I may gain a few pounds at first while I find my way, but I'm sure my weight will eventually be affected in the right direction.

So... that's me. Hi! I'm excited to have found this group, and look forward to getting to know you all and sharing ideas!
mlroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 12:11 PM   #479  

Hi Mel! It seems as if there's been a bit of a lull on this thread, but it's generally pretty active. I'm very glad that you have found your way here, and I am excited that you have read my very favorite book, the Overfed Head!

I haven't posted in quite some time; was busy with the holidays (as no doubt others have been as well). Unfortunately I've gotten myself off-track after having a lot of success with IE, but unlike falling off the wagon when on a "diet" I'm not beating myself up about it. I know it works if practiced faithfully and honestly, meaning you have to be honest with yourself about your level of hunger.

My biggest downfall is distracted eating, and that's what I've been guilty of over the last couple of months. My resolution is simply to get back into the habit of really focusing on what I'm eating and to not eat in front of the TV! as that is when I find I am most likely to overeat.

Best of luck to you Mel and I hope that you will continue to check in here and let us know how IE is working for you.

Hello to everyone else and I hope to be checking back in more often during the new year!
SouthernMaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 12:43 PM   #480  

Quote:
I know it works if practiced faithfully and honestly, meaning you have to be honest with yourself about your level of hunger.
That's it exactly.