General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 07-08-2013, 04:37 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 180/177/155

Height: 5'9"

Ah, back to the grind is right. I got myself too physically stressed this weekend and woke up with a pounding headache this morning due to muscle tension in my neck. Ugh. But it wasn't a food hangover, so that's a step in the right direction!

I've noticed something, that I am getting less and less tolerant of being too full. Or maybe it's that I'm getting more aware of my satisfaction level, and one bite beyond that is uncomfortable. I'm still eating a bite or two too much occasionally, but I think that in the past I would eat way beyond that point and not even notice! I'm being satisfied with smaller portions that I would have thought possible a month ago.

AND, I have not weighed myself since the beginning of the month. That's a record for me too!
bookwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:29 PM   #152  

Quote:
I have not weighed myself since the beginning of the month.
Wonderful!
carolr3639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:10 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 200/167/150

Height: 5'10

I forgot how GOOD it feels to have a day like today!! I ate what I planned on eating (with snacks in mind in case I was extra hungry). I had a great breakfast, fulfilling lunch, planned snack, a second helping of dinner (salmon and veggies), and a delicious dessert of 1 peach mixed with cottage cheese. There is 1/2 a pint of chocolate ice cream in the freezer, which I told myself I could have if I craved it. No craving PLUS no eating just because it's there!

That plus the two workouts I got in today (one strength training/elliptical, the other the bootcamp class I teach), makes me feel fantastic! I'm a little hungry before bed, so I'll have a small bowl of cheerios with almond milk and a few blueberries. Eating before bed helps me sleep, and I don't feel guilty having it after a perfect day like today!

It just feels SO GOOD to have fueled my body seemingly perfectly. I didn't think about food a lot (a huge win for me), I was never extremely hungry, I recognized very slight hunger signals as just that (I used to feel like any hunger signal was a big red EAT NOW), I enjoyed everything I ate, and I don't feel deprived of anything. Plus I can feel that my body worked HARD today, and it did everything I asked of it! Major win

Last edited by Andrea85; 07-08-2013 at 10:13 PM.
Andrea85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:55 AM   #154  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Does anyone experience a bloating feeling? I wake up in the mornings and i'm usually not hungry until around 8:30, I drink tons of water maybe that's why? I'm wanting so desparately to do the IE way of eating but can't figure out why I feel full all the time. Should I cut back on my water intake? Please help.
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:31 AM   #155  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelley331 View Post
Does anyone experience a bloating feeling? I wake up in the mornings and i'm usually not hungry until around 8:30, I drink tons of water maybe that's why? I'm wanting so desparately to do the IE way of eating but can't figure out why I feel full all the time. Should I cut back on my water intake? Please help.
How much water are you drinking? And if you're not hungry, then why eat?
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:03 AM   #156  

S/C/G: 180/177/155

Height: 5'9"

Quote:

I've had a little trouble with this too. I used to drink water sporadically - not much one day and then a whole 24 oz bottle at once the next day. And I was using water and other liquids as a way to stave off hunger. Also, I found a few years ago that I have some motility issues, my stomach doesn't empty as quickly as it should (you'd think that would have kept me from overeating, but nooo )

Since I've been on IE I have been trying NOT to use water as a way to fill up. I'm also aware that sometimes what I think is hunger is actually thirst, so when I'm not sure I'll drink a couple mouthfuls and then wait ten minutes to see if the hunger feeling is still there. If it is, I eat something.

I also make sure to drink a little water with whatever snack or meal that I'm eating. I think that overall I might actually be getting more water than I was before, or at least I'm hydrating more consistently.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by bookwoman; 07-09-2013 at 11:04 AM.
bookwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:14 AM   #157  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoblewis View Post
My IE ambitions crumbled a bit over the last couple weeks with holiday travel and excessive heat. I lose all focus on my efforts when I'm miserable. But over the last couple days, I've refocused on what I want to achieve and I feel more on top of things today.

This morning I wasn't hungry as I left the house, so I did my Pilates workout in a fasted state. I'm feeling bendy and energized now! Still not hungry. My goal for today is to work up to a real state of hunger and enjoy my meal. I'm looking forward to a big salad with tuna and home-grown tomatoes in it. I am so happy for tomato season!

Yesterday I spent the day cleaning house and getting all the laundry done. When the clutter is gone and I'm on top of chores, life goes better for me, especially my mental/emotional state. Hope my sons don't dismantle everything by the time I get home, or there will be HE** to pay!
I know what you mean, stress is starting to get to me, have lots of crazy stuff going on in my personal life (parents divorcing after 32 years of marriage and making it as nasty as possible on each other.. sigh) gearing up for vacation in 9 days, work piling on extra crap.. last night all I wanted to do was eat to feel better for an hour or so, I didn't.. but I sure wanted to! its tough in those situations.. your salad for later today sounds perfect and delicious for summer! I LOVE fresh tomatoes Hang in there, we are here for ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookwoman View Post
Ah, back to the grind is right. I got myself too physically stressed this weekend and woke up with a pounding headache this morning due to muscle tension in my neck. Ugh. But it wasn't a food hangover, so that's a step in the right direction!

I've noticed something, that I am getting less and less tolerant of being too full. Or maybe it's that I'm getting more aware of my satisfaction level, and one bite beyond that is uncomfortable. I'm still eating a bite or two too much occasionally, but I think that in the past I would eat way beyond that point and not even notice! I'm being satisfied with smaller portions that I would have thought possible a month ago.

AND, I have not weighed myself since the beginning of the month. That's a record for me too!
You are doing fantastic! I haven't been able to NOT weigh yet, I still weigh weekly and probably will until I hit my goal.. but I'm right there with you on being less tolerant on feeling so full. I can't stand even feeling a little over fed, just makes me feel so tired and bloated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea85 View Post
I forgot how GOOD it feels to have a day like today!! I ate what I planned on eating (with snacks in mind in case I was extra hungry). I had a great breakfast, fulfilling lunch, planned snack, a second helping of dinner (salmon and veggies), and a delicious dessert of 1 peach mixed with cottage cheese. There is 1/2 a pint of chocolate ice cream in the freezer, which I told myself I could have if I craved it. No craving PLUS no eating just because it's there!

That plus the two workouts I got in today (one strength training/elliptical, the other the bootcamp class I teach), makes me feel fantastic! I'm a little hungry before bed, so I'll have a small bowl of cheerios with almond milk and a few blueberries. Eating before bed helps me sleep, and I don't feel guilty having it after a perfect day like today!

It just feels SO GOOD to have fueled my body seemingly perfectly. I didn't think about food a lot (a huge win for me), I was never extremely hungry, I recognized very slight hunger signals as just that (I used to feel like any hunger signal was a big red EAT NOW), I enjoyed everything I ate, and I don't feel deprived of anything. Plus I can feel that my body worked HARD today, and it did everything I asked of it! Major win
You had an amazing day! I have gotten to where I enjoy the oncoming feeling of hunger now and know I can put it off for a little while, my body doesn't freak out and start that ravenous feeling anymore because it knows I WILL feed it but I like that empty feeling for a little while before I eat is it just me or does it make you feel thin lol I just love feeling thin and energetic and know when I eat I'll come away from the table still feeling thin and energetic instead of full, heavy and tired.

Quote:
How much water are you drinking and maybe you need to let yourself get really hungry so you can feel it again, even drinking a ton of water your body will still let you know when there is true hunger or thirst so you should still feel hungry even drinking a ton of water so maybe continue to hydrate. Some people just eat a lot less in the summer because of the heat and water retention and drinking extra water so if you don't each much during the day don't feel like you need to "make up" for it by forcing a meal down when you aren't actually hungry, just skip it, your body will tell you when it needs real food for fuel but learning our body signals is tough sometimes
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:02 PM   #158  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spryng View Post
I know what you mean, stress is starting to get to me, have lots of crazy stuff going on in my personal life (parents divorcing after 32 years of marriage and making it as nasty as possible on each other.. sigh) gearing up for vacation in 9 days, work piling on extra crap.. last night all I wanted to do was eat to feel better for an hour or so, I didn't.. but I sure wanted to! its tough in those situations.. your salad for later today sounds perfect and delicious for summer! I LOVE fresh tomatoes Hang in there, we are here for ya

You are doing fantastic! I haven't been able to NOT weigh yet, I still weigh weekly and probably will until I hit my goal.. but I'm right there with you on being less tolerant on feeling so full. I can't stand even feeling a little over fed, just makes me feel so tired and bloated.

You had an amazing day! I have gotten to where I enjoy the oncoming feeling of hunger now and know I can put it off for a little while, my body doesn't freak out and start that ravenous feeling anymore because it knows I WILL feed it but I like that empty feeling for a little while before I eat is it just me or does it make you feel thin lol I just love feeling thin and energetic and know when I eat I'll come away from the table still feeling thin and energetic instead of full, heavy and tired.

How much water are you drinking and maybe you need to let yourself get really hungry so you can feel it again, even drinking a ton of water your body will still let you know when there is true hunger or thirst so you should still feel hungry even drinking a ton of water so maybe continue to hydrate. Some people just eat a lot less in the summer because of the heat and water retention and drinking extra water so if you don't each much during the day don't feel like you need to "make up" for it by forcing a meal down when you aren't actually hungry, just skip it, your body will tell you when it needs real food for fuel but learning our body signals is tough sometimes
spryng: Thanks for the feedback, my belly does start to growl so i'm hoping that's my body telling me i'm hungry. But I think I will continue to drink the water, I drink probably 100 oz a day!! Weekends not so much. Maybe cut back some on the water and see if it helps, the bloating around my mid section is what bothers me but I've lost 2.5 lbs this week since Saturday so i'm losing weight or maybe water LOL, i'm still trying to get with this program I know in the book it says sometimes it may take a little while. Thanks again. Love seeing your posts.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:30 AM   #159  

Yep if your stomach is growling then its letting you know, I would continue to drink the water as well and the bloat should work itself off in time

So tomorrow my health coach will be calling me so it will be weigh in day and measurement day, we do this every two weeks and I'm always excited to see if I've lost anything. Our vacation is in 8 days, I was hoping to be 125 by then but I guess I'll just be darn close lol I'm really happy with my progress so far on IE, just feels so freeing My DH weighed this morning and he's down 9 lbs now, lucky men LOL he's been doing it about 3 weeks now so he's averaging 3 lbs a week lost, I'm so proud of him
Old 07-10-2013, 09:09 AM   #160  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Yep if your stomach is growling then its letting you know, I would continue to drink the water as well and the bloat should work itself off in time

So tomorrow my health coach will be calling me so it will be weigh in day and measurement day, we do this every two weeks and I'm always excited to see if I've lost anything. Our vacation is in 8 days, I was hoping to be 125 by then but I guess I'll just be darn close lol I'm really happy with my progress so far on IE, just feels so freeing My DH weighed this morning and he's down 9 lbs now, lucky men LOL he's been doing it about 3 weeks now so he's averaging 3 lbs a week lost, I'm so proud of him
spryng: That's awesome, who is your health coach? I go tomorrow to my weight center to weigh in. I'm having a hard time losing the 10lbs I gained, but i'm still in the learning curve of IE, last weekend I ate a lot but like I said I wasn't feeling stuffed. I'm just hoping I get this all figured out.

Last edited by skelley331; 07-10-2013 at 09:12 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-10-2013, 09:20 AM   #161  
Sherry, Senior Member

How long did it take to be able to get on track with IE? I feel so confused on how to get started. I'm still tracking calories, weighing everyday, still think about foods to eat????? Can someone give me some guidelines, I read the book so maybe I should go back and re-read it?
Old 07-10-2013, 01:38 PM   #162  

Don't re-read the actual IE book, try How to have your cake and skinny jeans too, that one is much better written and the first thing you need to do is get out of the diet mentality! which means, no more tracking, counting etc Its time to start listening to your body, don't choose that snack because it's low in calories but because it's something you really want.. don't eat dinner because its "time" to have dinner, if you aren't hungry skip it and eat when you ARE hungry. things like that... is it scary? YEP! and it takes time for sure but the hardest thing to do is to throw out everything you know about fat/calories/carbs/ etc etc and just enjoy food again.. if that means you eat chocolate cake at every meal because that is what you are wanting then so be it! as long as you are only eating when you are truly hungry and stopping when satisfied you won't gain an ounce You have to embrace these changes though, you can't do IE AND a diet, doesn't work, will frustrate you and you will fail at both, so give up the diet and try to tune into your body, it WILL tell you what it wants and how much it wants, you just have to listen I'm here for ya!!

as far as my coach, I work for a large medical insurance company and they are doing a pilot right now with the bodymedia armbands (the one the biggest loser contestants use) to see if it will help us get more active etc, if its successful they will roll it out at a discount for all our employees so I got mine free by being part of the pilot (normally 150 bucks) and my coach calls me every two weeks to see how I'm doing, I have to give her my weight and waist measurements etc. She knows I'm doing IE and is estatic that its helping me lose weight and the armband is motivating me to workout more so I'm loving it
Old 07-10-2013, 10:22 PM   #163  
Sherry, Senior Member

Spryng: I read Have your cake and skinny jeans too, it is better than IE, I appreciate your response back. Starting tomorrow, no more calorie counting, I'll weigh in tomorrow morning and then i'm not going to weigh until one week from tomorrow, I'm a daily weigher!!! I'm not going to eat tomorrow until my body tells me i'm hungry. thank you so much, i'm going to do this one day at a time! I'm ready!!
Old 07-11-2013, 07:48 AM   #164  

Keep us updated for sure! I still weigh once a week as well, I probably won't break that habit until maintenance. Today is actually my weigh in day, I lost .8 lbs this week and down another 1/2 inch in my waist! those inches off is what I love the most I read your waist should be half your height (or less) well I'm 5'4 so that is 64 inches so half of that is 32, well I started with mine at 35 1/2 while on IE and now I'm 33 1/2, that is good progress
Old 07-11-2013, 08:49 AM   #165  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Keep us updated for sure! I still weigh once a week as well, I probably won't break that habit until maintenance. Today is actually my weigh in day, I lost .8 lbs this week and down another 1/2 inch in my waist! those inches off is what I love the most I read your waist should be half your height (or less) well I'm 5'4 so that is 64 inches so half of that is 32, well I started with mine at 35 1/2 while on IE and now I'm 33 1/2, that is good progress
spryng:
Yes I will weigh once a week too, can't help that. I'm 5'7 so my wait should be 33 1/2, right now it's 32 1/2 so I guess that's good. I was down .4lbs this morning from yesterday!!! It's 9:47 am and my body still isn't hungry, no growling or signs I can see! I do drink a cup of decaf coffee every morning. Goodluck on your weigh in, let us know how it goes.