General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 07-15-2001, 10:26 PM   #1  

Smile Michael Thurmond's Body Makeover

I'm starting Michael Thurmonds 6 week body makeover system. As you notice in the top of the thread I left out the (6)

It will take a bit longer then that for me.

I paid for the 7 day delivery but "due to the popularity"
of this product it took about 4 weeks to recieve it.
The amount of data in the package is pretty good and with
my many years of experience
the data is well laid out and well I like it.

I will strive to do the plan as laid out and report the happenings
on this tread....except....I will use a bowflex to do the workouts
instead of the bands. Mustn't waste the $ I spent on the
Bowflex...p.s. The Bowflex is great . Also instead of the
6th meal hubby and I will treat ourselves with a homemade
(with splenda) icecream bar. I don't see how it would hurt...but shhhhhh.... don't tell Micheal Thurmond. I want a treat at the
end of the day

I need to lose about 95lbs...could do 75lbs but lets see.
I'll keep you posted.

jenna
95lbs to go

Last edited by jenna; 07-18-2001 at 01:44 AM.
jenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2001, 01:51 AM   #2  

Smile So far so good :)

Well Saturday was my official start day. The day I weighed
and measured.

Hubby and I ate better that day and Sunday. But on Monday
I fixed all the meals, exact portions. We have been walking
each nite for 30 or so min. and are working up to 1 hour.

I have managed 75oz of the 100oz of water I should be drinking and haven't started the resistance exercises yet. Tomorrow looks like a good day to put these in.

BTW I am eating 5 meals a day and one end of day snack. Not hungrey a bit!

In the first 3 days I have lost 5lbs. I am going to hold
Michael Thurmond to his 30lbs in 6 weeks.

jenna
Old 07-21-2001, 09:33 AM   #3  

Default Program delivery time

Hi Jenna,

Glad to hear that your package showed-up. I ordered the program 2 weeks ago and was beginning to wonder where it was. Did they offer to reimburse you for paying for the 7 day business delivery?? I was going to call today and see what was going on, now I know, thanks.
So is it worth the wait?? I cannot wait to get started, I am really motivated and eager to get going. Any tips on figuring out body shape and all?

Thanks,

Mitzi

Old 07-22-2001, 10:30 PM   #4  

Smile Well Worth It

Mittens,

Yes well worth it. Your package should be to you in about 2 more weeks.

LOL I tried the squeeky wheel drill and it truely didn't work. I even called Michael Thurmond believe it or not. Tracked him down to his own company in Santa Monica. I was shocked when I was put on the phone with him. I was just calling to complain LOL. Oh well, he did jump on the horn, called the marketing company and had their manager call me. Alas, they were backlogged and no matter how much I *****ed .....when shipments come in they send out by first come first served. They did offer to refund my money, but I didn't take them up on it, as I did want the product.

This past week I was on the plan for 5 days and was off of it 2 days. I lost a 5 lbs total.

My goal next week is to perfect the plan and be more perfect on it.

I gotta tell you, I was never hungrey eatting every 2 1/2 to 3 hours, but if I went 3 1/2 hours..........LOOK OUT!

I am so excited there will be someone else to talk about the pgrm with.

best,

jenna
Old 07-24-2001, 05:48 PM   #5  

Hi Jenna,

Well, I am counting down the days! I found out that they did charge my credit card on the 20th, so I am hoping that means that the program has been shipped out.

So how are you doing?? Sounds like you are doing wonderfully, 5 pounds gone already!!! Hurray! How are the exercises?
Are there any foods that I should stock-up on in the mean time? I know that the program may differ greatly for different people, but there might be some foods that everyone should be eating.

Keep going strong! I'm here rooting you on! Talk to you later.

Mitzi
mittens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2001, 11:24 AM   #6  

Hi Jenna & Mittens, May I join you?

I knew I could come here to 3FC and find something posted on the Body Makeover!

Yesterday, I was home sick from work, and I did something I NEVER do! I made an impulse purchase off a TV infomercial. Yep, you guessed it, the Body Makeover program. Funny thing is, I had never heard of it before yesterday.

I have tried almost everything to lose weight. Something's have worked...but I would lose steam after a while and just give up on it. I know only I can make the difference this time around too, but I have to try again. My hubby almost killed me when I told him because I'm always starting something, but never finishing!

Anyway, since I just ordered yesterday, I won't be starting for a while (especially if there's a backlog on shipping)...but I wanted to join in now to get motivated.

Jenna - I too need to lose about 90 pounds! Maybe we can do it together! Let us know the progress!! Also, how do you make those homemade ice cream snacks??

Thanks! Lana
LANA_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2001, 04:29 PM   #7  

Hi Lana!

Welcome!! Wow, your husband sounds just like mine! Ha! He is very skeptical, but supportive. Yea, the wait seems long---but just think how geared-up we will be by the time we actually receive the program. I am trying to get in the right frame of mind so that I will be poised for this exciting adventure! I have not even started but it already feels like I am empowered knowing that you and Jenna are here too---we can support each other and share tips, etc.

Jenna, how are things going with you? The week-end is here---this will be a tough time for me. Have you eaten out on this program yet??

Mitzi
Old 07-27-2001, 11:08 PM   #8  

Thumbs down

Welcome Lana!

I can't wait until both of you get your packages. I really like this pgm.

I just got back from vacation and am still holding my 5lbs loss. Monday I'll be back on the wagon and will try to post every day on what is going on with the pgrm.

I am really excited! I think this one will be the one. See you guys on Monday.

Jenna
Old 07-30-2001, 08:57 AM   #9  

Hey Mitzi & Jenna!

Hope you both had a great weekend! Unfortunately, I didn't eat very well this weekend. It seems whenever I plan to start a new program, I always feel I need to get that last brownie sundae in, you know, the last hoorah so to speak! Oh well, it's over now. I've committed today to eat good until the program arrives.

Speaking of that...I ordered the program last Wednesday, and Thursday afternoon I got an email notification that my order has been shipped...could it be???? Maybe they've gotten re-stocked, and yours will be coming soon too Mitzi!

Way to go Jenna on maintaining your 5# loss!!! I'm curious to know more about the program, especially the eating plan...what can you tell us Jenna?

My husband is exactly like that...skeptical, but VERY supportive. We are trying to get pregnant, so I really need to lose some weight (just to gain it back with baby... )!

Lana
Old 07-30-2001, 12:33 PM   #10  

Angry

Hello all!!
I am new to this sight,but have been reading your thoughts on the 6 week body makeover. I am on the plan (starting day 4 today). I weighed this morning just to get an idea about how I am doing-I have lost 5 pounds in 3 days!! I am starting the fat burning(walking) and toning exercises today. I took my measurements today also. Friday will mark one week so I will post my results then. Just wanted to let all of you know that it is a good plan and very workable. I have tried just about everything in the past and I am liking this plan alot. It is nice to see quick results. I am sure things will taper off after a few weeks, but it is very motivating to see results in the beginning. Good luck to all of you!!
beachgirl35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2001, 12:56 PM   #11  

Talking Hi Beachgirl! & BIOS

Just wanted to say hello, and welcome Beachgirl! Glad you could join us!

I am very excited about doing the program and having online support here with you gals! I will try to stay dedicated in posting. I am glad to hear of such great results within days of starting the program, but I am thinking I won't be seeing a 5lb loss so quick. You see, after many attempts at various diets, to say my metabolism is low would be a GROSS UNDERSTATEMENT!
That, and I think the quick weight loss has alot to do with upping your water intake...and I already drink about 80oz a day!

Anyway, we'll see.....

I thought it would be nice to do a quick little biography of ourselves to get to know eachother as we hopefully become a strong support group for eachother! I'll go first...

I'm soon to be 29 yo, married for 3 years to a wonderful man, and I work for a bank as a Tax accountant (boooring!!!)

I've been overweight since my teenage years...highest was a few years ago...about 228. Keep in mind I am only 5'1". I got down to about 185 for my wedding 3 years ago, then went back up to 221. Got down to 196 on Weight Watchers last year...hovered at 202-205 for MONTHS without losing anymore. Went on vacation last month, etc., etc., and I am now......drum roll please.....218 as of this morning.

How is it that when you lose a bunch of weight, you say "I'll NEVER let myself gain it back...if I see a few pounds come back on, I'll get right back on track" but then it seems like over a weekend, you somehow seemed to put 20 pounds back on???

If anyone can answer this mystery, please let me know!!

Lana
Old 07-30-2001, 02:38 PM   #12  

Hello again!!
I will give my bio next. I am 35 yrs. old and have been married a little over 8 years. I have only been heavy for about 5 years and would like to lose the weight so I can get pregnant. I am 5'3" and weighed in today at 202(I was 207 last Friday). My goal weight is somewhere around 115 or 120 and fitting in size 6 or 4. This is what I have been most of my life, so I know it's a good place for me.
I want to say that this program is also a mental thing. I have been doing lots of self-talk over the past 3 days. It might sound crazy but I keep reminding myself what my motivation is and that I can have pizza again one of these days!! I am trying to stay calm and focused this time. I too have been on WW and just didn't get good results. I know some people do and that's great.
About the water:you are supposed to drink 100 OZ. a day. I am actually drinking a little more than that. I have cut sodium way back, but not completely out of my diet. Talk to you all again soon!
beachgirl35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2001, 02:58 PM   #13  

Hi Everyone!

Boy, with all of this support and encouragement we are going to do great! Welcome beachgirl! Sounds like you are already having some great results, 5 pounds gone already, terrific!!

Lana, I was reading your bio and it sounded familiar---we have alot in common.

I just turned 33, ugh! Have been married for 5 years to a wonderful man. We are also getting into the baby mode, but I want to lose weight before getting pregnant. I'm a shortie too, 5'2. I started gaining weight in college and gradually gained more as the years went on. My current weight is 211, I'd like to get down to 125-135. I have tried WW several times with some success, but never lasting.

I know for me, when I have lost a few pounds I tend to get lax with myself. I think that I can start cheating a little---testing things out. I ignore the pounds creeping back on---until something forces me to actually realize what is happening. It is a constant battle ---self sabotage galore!

This online support is really going to help me alot too. It will probably make all of the difference in the world for me. I'm still counting the days here---this is the beginning of the 4th week, so hopefully there will be a package arriving very soon!! Tick tock....

Have a good day everyone!!!
Old 07-30-2001, 03:55 PM   #14  

Talking hello everyone

Well we should call this the 200 club...LOL

I am 226lbs
5'7 1/2"
Live in Southern California
45 yrs old
married 24 years
Work in the Commercial Mortgage Industry
Hubby and I work from home office

Today got up dedicated to start the pgrm
hubby and I did our resistance workouts.

Ate oatmeal and egg whites (with tomatoes
and bell pepper) for break.
Note on making oatmeal good. Add vanilla
to your oatmeal right after adding the oats
then when done and in your bowl add
cinnamon and splenda. At first I just kept
telling myself it was oatmeal cookie dough.
Believe it or not after one week I now really
like it.

Then lunch happened and i thought hummmm
Chillies or the Deli would be good. Bad Jenna
instead I walked myself over to the kitchen and
made lunch.

My biggest challenge will be resevations, I
love reservations.
Old 07-30-2001, 04:49 PM   #15  

It's so nice to meet you all...

It's interesting that we're all in the low 200's...

Could it be that out of 13,000 members to 3FC's, there are only 4 people doing the Body Makeover? Just wanted to put a call out to anyone else lurking out there...please feel free to join our quest!

Jenna-24 years!!! Woweee!! That's great!!

Mitzi-the self sabotage thing...it sounds verrrrry familiar...

Beachgirl-I try and tell myself the same things...."that is not the last Brownie Sundae in the world"...sometime's it works, sometimes not (like last night)

Be back tomorrow....

Lana

Last edited by LANA_B; 07-30-2001 at 04:58 PM.