General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 05-02-2013, 11:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/207/140

Height: 5"2

Default what am I doing wrong?

I have a question how much weight lost is realistic to lose per week? I am at my highest weight I have ever been ad desperate to lose weight. I am for the most part a fairly healthy eater. Does this sound right for a daily meal and exercise?
Breakfast bowl of 1/2 branflakes 1/2 special k honey oat cereal with 2% milk,coffee double, double

Lunch
usually a salad or wrap o some kind(usually a veggie wrap)

Dinner
salad a meat and mixed cooked veggies or pasta

snacks are usually strawberries, watermelon mini rice cake flavored

I try hard not to sneak in unhealthy snacks but lets get real it happens. I try not to eat any thing after 7pm
I am not a big meat eater and I don't et and kind of seafood or fish, not a yogurt person.
For exercise I have really bad knees so I got a tony little gazzel glider thing and can go for about 20-25 mins per day.
I am seeing small results visually but on scale it is not moving what am I doing wrong? any thought and suggestions would be great
tiggerme3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 12:21 PM   #2  
Started IP 10/21/15

S/C/G: 243/238.8/170

Height: 5'4"

Hi tiggerme3, welcome to 3FC!

Your question, for me, is hard to answer not knowing what your starting weight is or what your portion sizes are. The heavier a person is, the faster the weight typically comes off in the beginning. I've heard of some featherweights taking 6 months to lose 15lb.

Some months I've lost 2lb, and others I've lost 6lb.
PreciousMissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:50 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreciousMissy View Post
Hi tiggerme3, welcome to 3FC!

Your question, for me, is hard to answer not knowing what your starting weight is or what your portion sizes are. The heavier a person is, the faster the weight typically comes off in the beginning. I've heard of some featherweights taking 6 months to lose 15lb.

Some months I've lost 2lb, and others I've lost 6lb.
I agree with PreciousMissy, tiggerme. I'm also curious as to how long you've been at this. That information would be helpful.

I'm no longer a dieter, but when I was and was so intent on losing weight, I counted the calories of EVERY BIT OF FOOD I put in my mouth. I weighed portions religiously. And I DID lose the weight.

Although I no longer eat that way I can tell you that if you really want to lose the weight by restricting your intake, you will be more successful if you're precise about what you eat. Eyeballing portions and guessing about what you're eating simply isn't as effective, generally speaking.
SouthernMaven is offline   Reply With Quote