Herbalife?

• Sorry if this has been posted.I couldn't find it!

I was just curious if anyone here has tried the Herbalife shakes andwhat was your experience with them?

I got the coffee flavor and protein powder today.. Fingers crossed that it doesn't taste terrible haha
  • Quote: Sorry if this has been posted.I couldn't find it!

I was just curious if anyone here has tried the Herbalife shakes andwhat was your experience with them?

I got the coffee flavor and protein powder today.. Fingers crossed that it doesn't taste terrible haha
    Ahri - I did a search of the forums using the word Herbalife (checked for the word only in the titles) and this is what came up:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sear...archid=5662197

Hopefully these threads will provide you with useful information.
  • The product is okay but I found the idea of 2 shakes a day to be extrememly unrealistic and not sustainable. Maybe have a shake for breakfast, but missing chewing food made it a waste of time, money, stress and effort. That was just me though- different strokes for different folks!
  • I actually got sucked into the Herbalife pyramid scam, (being unemployed for so long tends to make you desperate) so now I'm stuck with a TON of product. So now I use it to just make space in my closet lol. I'm not much of a shake person, so I have to add fruit and/or peanut butter to my shakes to make them taste more appealing. The vitamins that come in package plans work wonders though. I've found that my body functions better on the inside and looks better on the outside when I take them like you're supposed to. The shakes leave me too hungry to be consumed twice a day like they recommend for weight loss, even with protein powder, a banana, and a scoop of peanut butter. So I'll occasionally drink a shake when I'm short on time instead of making breakfast.

It really depends on the commitment of the user though. I'm sure if I stuck with it I'd eventually adjust to drinking them twice a day, but my family wouldn't want to be around me for the time it took to adjust.
  • I have had good luck with Herbalife. I actually loved the shakes (Fr. Vanilla + skim/soy and fruit). My friend who got me started had been overweight her whole life (50+ pounds) and diabetic. She has lost all of her excess weight (and then some) and is off all her meds..... I too lost quickly, (back fat went first no less), had lovely skin, but fell off the wagon just due to the time commitment of prepping it all (it's really not that much work). I had a shake for b and l and then a "snack" in between that consisted of protein (yogurt or cottage cheese usually) and fruit. In hindsight I don't think it is a bad product at all, but I think you can accomplish the same thing with products you can pick up at Walmart.....
  • Oh, I also ate a "normal" healthy dinner - usually lean meat (not red) and veggies. I generally skipped the carbs/starch with dinner and i'm sure that contributed to my success.
  • My Experience was not good. The product may work because its restricting calories but if you have been yo-yo dieting for years like me it's not going to help you much and isn't worth the cost in my opinion. I am also on birth control and I seemed to have some break-through bleeding and a heavier period which makes me concerned something in one of their products may have been making my birth control inactive which was a huge concern for me.