General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 05-09-2013, 09:15 AM   #1  
Heading Downtown...

S/C/G: 225/165/165

Height: 5'8"

Default Anyone Lose Weight with a FitBit?

So I recently got a FitBit... and so far it's turning out to be a fun little "toy'... It definitely has motivated me to do things like take the stairs more often than before for instance just to earn those silly little "Badges" and I'm walking A LOT more on top of my running just to accumulate more "steps" for the day... So all in all, those seem like good things...

But I'm curious to hear from others how it's calorie calculations have worked out as far as actually losing weight goes... I've been trying to stick to its calorie goals for the day that its been giving me, but I've been having trouble trying to maintain a consistent calorie deficit with all the added "activity"... I just find myself more hungry most of the time which really makes it difficult to stay within the necessary calorie ranges for the day...

So I'm just wondering if anyone else has encountered anything like this as well or do you find it relatively easy to stick to those numbers its giving you and you've been able to lose successfully with it...
TripSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:00 AM   #2  
Hug a Tree!

Height: 4'9"

I ignore the calories it says I burn and use another calculator. It says I need to eat like 1600-1900 just to maintain. That's just too little for me. I would be MISERABLE. I would find it very difficult to stick to a 500 or so calorie deficit going by the calorie range it gives me. So, I use it to track activity.
LandonsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:52 AM   #3  
Heading Downtown...

When I set it up for a 2lbs a week loss... Its calorie numbers were very low... And the only way I could get the calories up was of course by being much more active during the day... on the order of 15,000 to 20,000 steps a day... Definitely not easy to do every day...
Old 05-17-2013, 09:46 PM   #4  
Live from hobbitsville

S/C/G: 125.6/102.4/80 (kg)

Height: 163cm 5"6

i wear my Fitbit 24/7 and have linked it with Myfitnesspal app. But to be honest i completely ignore the calories it says i've burnt, and go by the Myfitnesspal calorie goal (though sometimes i let myself have an extra 250cals or so if i know i've put in a hard workout etc) especially as i don't think the calorie burn is accurate. I've walked less then 00 steps some days and it's said i've burnt an extra 1200+cals?!
azera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:55 PM   #5  
Heading Downtown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by azera View Post
i wear my Fitbit 24/7 and have linked it with Myfitnesspal app. But to be honest i completely ignore the calories it says i've burnt, and go by the Myfitnesspal calorie goal (though sometimes i let myself have an extra 250cals or so if i know i've put in a hard workout etc) especially as i don't think the calorie burn is accurate. I've walked less then 00 steps some days and it's said i've burnt an extra 1200+cals?!
Hi... I'd would love to compare notes on this.... Let me know if you're interested...